Vote for your Player of the Game (Week 1)

• Russell Wilson (258 passing yards, 63% completions with a TD and INT, overcame ankle injury to throw

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Doug Baldwin (92 receiving yards, seven first downs, and the game-winning TD)

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Christine Michael (66 rushing yards, 4.4 ypc, converted critical 4th and inches on final drive)

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Thomas Rawls (58 combined rushing and receiving yards, including dragging defenders)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • K.J. Wright (team-leading 11 tackles and a sack)

• Michael Bennett (six tackles, four pressures, a QB hit, and a sack)

• Cassius Marsh (four tackles, a couple pressures, a big special teams tackle, blocked field goal, and

Votes: 52 60.5%
  • Other

• Total voters

hawknation2016

Reaction score

Too many standout performances on defense to list them all: Shead, Lane, Chancellor, Sherman, Reed, Clark, Avril, etc. all deserve mentions.

McGruff

Reaction score
Yeah, I probably would have removed both backs and put Shead and Kam in there. My first tough was either Shead or Marsh, so I went with Marsh.

OP
OP
H

hawknation2016

Reaction score
I wanted to give Michael a nod since I thought he showed some tough running (and saved the game) against a very stout defensive front. And then I felt like I needed to recognize Rawls too if I included Michael.

Shead, Chancellor, Lane, Sherman, etc. were all awesome.

StoneCold

Reaction score
hawknation2016":1m609uih said:
I wanted to give Michael a nod since I thought he showed some tough running (and saved the game) against a very stout defensive front. And then I felt like I needed to recognize Rawls too if I included Michael.

If you added the option for "The Defense" and it would crush all other choices. Even saying that I voted for Baldwin. Think I'm getting my first jersey this year.

OP
OP
H

hawknation2016

Reaction score
For what it's worth, Carroll said he thought Lane's plays were probably even more impressive than Shead's.

Boycie

Reaction score
hawknation2016":3g6720r6 said:

Lane was an animal!

ARhawk

Reaction score
Voted for Marsh, that blocked field goal was HUGE

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Love Russell Wilson and Baldwin, but Player of the Game goes to Marsh, he balled out.

dogorama

Reaction score
Good poll, there was great defensive play all over the field but I voted for Baldwin because he bailed us out so many times and then combined w/Kearse to execute that audible to perfection and win the game.

kearly

Reaction score
I voted Marsh. Honorable mentions for Michael, Kam, and our CB trio. Baldwin did great as well, but in his case it felt like taking candy from a baby.

byau

Reaction score
I voted Christine Michael though I could really have voted for the running back team of Christine and Thomas (I guess throw CJ in there too)

That's going to be a vicious tag team trio - and I am already picturing all three of them working as a group to run down the defense.

Specifically for Christine, it seemed like he was almost single-handedly taking out guys on the defense. I think he concussed one guy. But there was also a play in there where he barreled forward, got up right away, and left two Dolphins in his wake that were REALLY slow to get up. It was a short yardage play, something like 3 yards, but leaving two defenders in your wake. That's what commitment to the run is: keep going and keep going and tire out that D

Which brings me to the running back team and how Christine and Thomas seem like two hungry dogs that just want to be let loose and pounce.

Really looking forward to seeing this group perform

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Marsh and Baldwin are tied in my opinion. Both made absolutely clutch plays at critical junctures in the game.

Reaction score
I voted CMike but Lane might have been the MVP. Even when he was blocked, he was steering his blocker into the play and mucking it up. Nice game Jeremy :2thumbs:

Go Hawks,
BillA

sutz

Reaction score
I went with Marsh. IMHO it was close between him and Wilson for that final drive. Wilson pretty much put the team on his back and hauled them downfield on a bum ankle. But Marsh, after the one gaffe, was an animal in pass rush and the blocked FG was basically the difference in the final score.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Wow. I didn't even think it was worth conversation in light of Doug's game. Wow. Differing opinions abound.

From the fourth down conversion to the touchdown and all the awesomeness in between, that was a L if Baldwin wasn't around.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Optimus25":2cdc2ml5 said:
Wow. I didn't even think it was worth conversation in light of Doug's game. Wow. Differing opinions abound.

From the fourth down conversion to the touchdown and all the awesomeness in between, that was a L if Baldwin wasn't around.
(Patting myself on the back, there's actually a dumbass YT video of it even) I asked my TV party friend who he thought RW was going to lean on going into that last drive. He turned the Q back to me and the answer was an emphatic "Watch this. Baldwin, big-time!"

RW both started and ended his game targeting that guy.

Tical21

Reaction score
I'm going with Lane. If he doesn't stand up physically in the flat, this was a MUCH different ball game. They came out with a plan to attack him out there and he just didn't give an inch, which is huge because he spent all preseason running away from contact.