Don't forget to watch Beastmode tonight!!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I know he is retired but he will be on Running Wild with Bear Grylls tonight on NBC@10PM EST.
I miss the Beast.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I set my dvr for it when I first saw it listed, but I really want to see an unedited version. I have a feeling a lot will be cut to the editing room floor to make it suitable for Network television.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":182ty59x said:
I know he is retired but he will be on Running Wild with Bear Grylls tonight on NBC@10PM EST.
I miss the Beast.

For anyone with the evil cable company it is on at 10 PST. It shows me they have king 5 news at 7. I was scared for a second I wasn't going to be able to see it.

ivotuk

Reaction score
It's on youtube if you missed it. Not going to link on here because I'm not sure of the legality.

Here's an article on it

"Marshawn Lynch in the mountains of Corsica on Running Wild With Bear Grylls. Pic: Ben Simms/NBC

Footballer Marshawn Lynch opens up to Bear Grylls about life — his successful career, plans for retirement, and what’s next for him — on tonight’s Running Wild with Bear Grylls on NBC.

In Corsica, the mountains and steep coastline beckon as Grylls takes Lynch to a medieval tower where Lynch gets philosophical about his life.

Bear and the Super Bowl champion are dropped deep, and tested to their limits as the rugged terrain elicits a sort of epiphany for Lynch."

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/small ... ar-grylls/

:2thumbs:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Dude has got his shit together!

Wow, color me impressed. I've lived in Alaska all of my life, hunted and flown all over the state and been in some tight situations, weathered in for days, run out of food, having to hike out 15 miles. And it's tough. You have to have a singular focus. I never chose to be in any of those situations, and to be honest, none of them were really life threatening, but you don't feel that way at the time.

But to watch Marshawn Lynch, City Boy from Oakland, voluntarily take on this Trek with Bear Grylss, wow! Says a lot about the man. He doesn't need to prove anything, to anybody. And he's not doing this to prove anything, he's doing it to test himself. Mucho admiration for the man. And oh, I'm a momma's boy too. :2thumbs:

kidhawk

Reaction score
That was a very entertaining 40ish minutes of television right there. "The Beast" had me laughing throughout the show.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I want to see the out takes. I love Marshawn, but man, he bitched every time he had to do something. I'm also skeptical that he slept the night on his leaf bed. But it was fun watching him handle the pigskin again.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Would've loved to have been on that with them. Beast is hilarious and scared too haha

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Lynch and Kam are some of my favorite Seahawks ever.

The cool thing about Lynch is, he comes off as hard - almost Oakland hood tough. And he is irreverent, so much so that he is often hilarious. But you listen to him and the guy is actually deep.

He knows what matters and what does not. He doesn't seem to get distracted as much by the ephemeral junk or shiny trappings. What seems to matter to him is other people.

His family. His Oakland. Kids he works with at his camps. Kids from other areas.

I have always believed that the value you have as a human being is the difference you make in the lives of others. And on that front, he is looking like just as much of a star as he was on the football field.

And he preaches it, you can feel he believes it and you get to see that when things get introspective, what he says stripping away the veneer ends up being at times very wise.