Coach Carroll disses the 'Negative Nancy's'

hawknation2016

Reaction score
"It's not like blame the offensive line. You guys like to do that stuff . . . . Those are all the things you guys do," said Carroll, when asked the running game during his weekly radio show. Carroll did say the offensive line's "protection was excellent through the end of [the game]."

“For those people who think negatively about things, they would be surprised," Carroll said about Russell Wilson overcoming his ankle injury to throw the game-winning touchdown.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... oll%20Show

Burn. :2thumbs:

:snack:

kearly

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but I thought the OL was a relative bright spot yesterday. Last year's line would been a total mess in this matchup. The OL yesterday looked mostly competent when it mattered. Wilson generally had at least 3-4 seconds to throw on most plays, and by the second half the OL started getting some decent push in the run game too.

Not a showcase performance by any means, but this might have been the 2nd or 3rd toughest DL Seattle will face all season and they did well enough to keep the OL from being the story after the game.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
We will be playing 3 teams that has a Top 10 defensive front. Rams we will play twice, we just beat Miami, and Eagles is the other team. Unless some dark horse defense comes out of nowhere it's just those 3 that I can see.

dogorama

Reaction score
kearly":19kck2ft said:
Just my opinion, but I thought the OL was a relative bright spot yesterday. Last year's line would been a total mess in this matchup. The OL yesterday looked mostly competent when it mattered. Wilson generally had at least 3-4 seconds to throw on most plays, and by the second half the OL started getting some decent push in the run game too.

Not a showcase performance by any means, but this might have been the 2nd or 3rd toughest DL Seattle will face all season and they did well enough to keep the OL from being the story after the game.

Three of the line performed well enough, two not so much. The good part of that is one that didn't has been considered one of the best linemen w/tons of upside and the other will occupy a backup position once Ifedi is well. We shall see, but the fact that they are facing such good lines early could really help them as the season progresses.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete's right, most fans and media members get tunnel vision and dumb down what's a complicated thing, parsing deficiencies after football games.

It's rarely one thing when things aren't working.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2pqoc1wt said:
theincrediblesok":2pqoc1wt said:
FlyingGreg":2pqoc1wt said:
stang233":2pqoc1wt said:
Jets d line is nearly elite.

Yes. 7 sacks yesterday, mostly from the line.

Wow, and we play them week 4 at their house at 10am
Don't forget Carolina either guys. Good DTs, very good.

How did I pass up the Panthers lol, for whatever reason I thought we didn't have them in our schedule but behold there they were.

RW92

Reaction score
stang233":284w44ly said:
Jets d line is nearly elite.

Their front 4 are the real deal. ALL apply pressure towards the QB. And Leonard Williams and Wilkerson can be unstoppable at times. Their line had 7 sacks in game one. And that was without Sheldon Richardson who returns this week That game will be a great test for our O-line. If we pass that one, look out for the rest of the year. But we will definitely need Ifedi for that game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":2qlvi6nu said:

Here, here...HEAR!

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

morgulon1

Reaction score
kearly":l6v9pu9z said:

Agreed. I rewatched the game and the one thing I noticed from my pint of view was that our offensive line wasn't completely dominated even though Miami has a stout defensive line. I hope we hold serve until they get it together
later this year. Ifedi coming back will be huge.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
This thread title really bothers me.

The correct pluralization of "Nancy" is "Nancies". I think the use of single quotes here is okay, although I would prefer double in this use for style. "Disses" should be capitalized since it's a thread title. The use of the apostrophe makes it possessive, as if there is a word missing at the end. An example of a more correct version would be:

Coach Carroll Disses the "Negative Nancies" Dolph Lundgren Posters