Neiko Thorpe info

King Dog

Reaction score
Just getting familiar with our new cb. Thought you might be interested.

6'2" 198 lbs
Stints with Kansas City and Oakland. Started 2 games for Oakland in 2015. Same class as Cam I think.

2015 snap counts:
14 Games
2 Starts
40 Tackles
6 PDef
1 Int
2015 snap counts:
456 Def
216 ST

03/13/2012 - Under-the-radar Pro Day workouts that opened eyes: Despite a weak class of safeties this year and the fact that Neiko Thorpe started 40 games (27 at CB from 2009-10 and 13 at free safety) against SEC competition, he wasn't invited to the Combine. As such, he took full advantage of the opportunity to work out in front of scouts, recording numbers that ranked among the elite of all defensive backs tested at the Combine this year. Thorpe was clocked at 4.40 seconds in the 40-yard dash and 4.01 seconds in the short-shuttle. He also posted a 38" vertical jump and a 11' 5" broad jump. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

Raiders action starts at about 5:00 in.

[youtube]UHK1UQoTVk8[/youtube]

OP
OP
K

King Dog

Reaction score
I only did a search for Thorpe's name in the first two pages and didn't see anything.

nanomoz

Reaction score
King Dog":toot0q6e said:
I only did a search for Thorpe's name in the first two pages and didn't see anything.

Same for me. Weird. There was a thread though, now it's showing at the top of the ONNFF.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I knew nothing about this guy.

I'm betting Pete and Richard turn Thorpe into something pretty good this year.

orca

Reaction score
Thank you for the info, King Dog! It's always good to have an athlete named Thorpe on your team... ;)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
IIRC, Thorpe was a significant contributor in the last preseason game against the Seahawks. I thought I heard his name a lot during that game. Sounds like a good pickup on ST and as a backup DB.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Oops. Yes, the OP suggested the same, I forgot.

I think Cam Newton was 2011 (#1 pick) and Thorpe 2012 (undrafted). Both were out of Auburn so it should have been even more obvious to me.

They would have played together in the Jan 2011 BCS National Championship, Auburn (#1) vs Oregon (#2), which Auburn won 22-19.

Thorpe started out in the CFL, did a short stint with KC, then a much longer one with the Raiders.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I can't wait to see what this staff does with this guy. Serious potential. It seems everybody in oakland but the Raiders saw the potential in this guy. I hope he makes everyone for get about both simon and burley. Another one of those udfa who have overcome major adversity to get where he is at.

zhawk

Reaction score
That's what some said about Tyler Lockett, could we be so lucky twice? :irishdrinkers:

CANHawk

Reaction score
He certainly fits the physical description of a Seattle DB. Let's hope the system makes an LOB out of him...

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk