Most Sacks Season 1984 Bears 72 - Least 2008 Chiefs 10

ivotuk

Reaction score
We had 5 I believe it was on Sunday, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect that every game...or is it :shock:

That would be 80 sacks. Allowing the fewest points 4 years in a row makes this a "Dynastic" Defense, but I don't expect 80 sacks this year.

IIRC, our 2005 Super bowel team had 51, so that sounds like a good # (Tatupu). That's a little over 3 sacks per game.

I've been trying to think of a nickname for the DL when they start tearing it up this year, but that's a hard one. Especially when you already have the Legion of Boom.

ARhawk

Reaction score
Our 5 were also against the team with the most sacked QB over the last 4 years

The pash rush did look good though when using stunts. My guess is more around 40 for the season

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd say if our young guys develop, plus seeing our division competition, I'm going with 56 sacks this year.

I don't think we have enough horses for 80. That 84 Bears team had 3 guys on the line that were absolutely dominating. Right now, we only really have 1 guy that's a total mismatch on every passing down and that's Bennett and I think teams will try to chip him or get help unless we keep rushing him from the inside.

Avril is really really good, but I don't consider him overpowering on every play in almost every match up. Bennett is. He's the closest thing to unblockable after Watt and Donald.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Hawks46":1bz8fqr5 said:
I'd say if our young guys develop, plus seeing our division competition, I'm going with 56 sacks this year.

I don't think we have enough horses for 80. That 84 Bears team had 3 guys on the line that were absolutely dominating. Right now, we only really have 1 guy that's a total mismatch on every passing down and that's Bennett and I think teams will try to chip him or get help unless we keep rushing him from the inside.

Avril is really really good, but I don't consider him overpowering on every play in almost every match up. Bennett is. He's the closest thing to unblockable after Watt and Donald.

FWIW the 2013 Panthers had 60 with a bad secondary. Hardy himself had 15, is still available, and only just turned 28.

Latest posts