Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Rams)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
its-a-trap

Tell me this hasn't crossed some of your minds this week. With the Rams getting absolutely shellacked on national TV by the 49ers no less, where the very heart of their defense was called out and embarrassed...You know, the Front 7 that is supposed to be the best in the NFL? I just couldn't imagine a worse scenario heading into Week 2's matchup.

If anyone thinks their defense is going to play similarly in their debut home opener in front of a record crowd I have news for you. While the Seahawks will certainly be watching that game film to exploit weaknesses and to help put Russell and the OL in the best possible position to succeed, have no doubt their defense is going to be fired up and will take every opportunity within their means to go after a less than 100% Russ.

Expect another low scoring defensive battle. I suspect both offenses will struggle throughout. If we can continue shotguns, empty sets, quick slants, outs, etc, to help keep Russ from being on his back, and establish the run early, the game is ours. If our OL gets pushed back and Russ is running for his life, chalk up the L now.

This is one of those games I would normally be predicting a loss because I have a bad feeling about this game. They seem to have our number and add in Fisher's penchant for trickery against us (that inexplicably always works!!) and this game gives me the heebie jeebie's.

However, I have to believe we are the better team period and if even by the skin of our teeth we SHOULD walk away with a W, and hopefully not at Russ' health's expense. Put another way, neither a W or a L will surprise me this week.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 17 - Rams 16

Aros' Fearless Record To Date: 1-0

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I don't think it's a trap, I just don't think the Rams are that good.

Always expect the unexpected in these games. Russell throws a couple TD's, Rawls runs one in.

Seahawks: 20
Rams: 13

(Changed to to Fisher factor)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hopefully Fisher won't out coach Pete as has often been the case. I think their D will indeed be very fired up and our team will struggle on offense as they nearly always do against the this team. However, I also think their offense is close to putrid and the Hawks' defense will get at least one and possibly two turnovers (wouldn't that be a nice change of pace?) which of course the offense converts to FGs (sigh). As a result, I see:
Hawks 16
Lambs 6

To date: 1-0

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This game really worries me, especially with Russ limited.

But I think this team guts another one out.

Seahawks 13
Rams 10

My Record to Date: 1-0

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Replay of the San Diego game from 2014, a tough loss in SoCal in week 2

Rams 19
Seahawks 16

iigakusei

Reaction score
There is no way we should lose this game.
If we score 17 we win,
Unfortunately we don't
Seahawks 13
Rams 16

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
No reason we can't win with 13 pts against a team whose offense moved fewer yards than the idiot fan who streaked across the field before security got him.

Hawks 16
Rams 9

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
With the recent history of games with the Rams, I fully expect a low scoring, nail biter. Add in their embarassment from last week and the return to LA after a couple of decades and it really could be a tough outing.

Hoping for a 12-6 win.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
The Hawks defense is far superior, and should give the offense plenty of opportunities to score. Even with a hobbled QB, I see this as a lopsided win.

Hawks 24

Rams 10

2_0_6

Reaction score
For some reason, I feel more confident going into this game than the Miami one. The loss of James Laurenitis is going to be more of an issue than L.A anticipated with trying to have Ogletree fill that role. It's no secret that the Rams have historically been our toughest matchup in the PC era, but this weekend will be different.

As bad of a taste the Rams defense has in their mouths, the same could be said for the Hawks offense and that offense that was absolutely rolling at the end of last year.

Southern California homecoming for Pete, and his soldiers will be ready to lay the wood. It will be close after the 1st quarter, then we roll.

Hawks 31
LA 13

My extra tidbit:

There will be a total of 4 personal foul penalties this Sunday, its going to get chippy.

dadof3

Reaction score
We're going to put up at least 30 and give up less than 17. Probably have a defensive score thrown in there.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Jeff Fisher is an overrated coach. Greg Williams will have a bounty out for Russell Wilson. The Rams will be getting chewed out all week for their abysmal Monday night performance. Playing a team coming off a blow out loss is incredibly dangerous, and our guys don't perform well in extreme heat/cold.

You'd think by now people will stop overlooking the rams. Their defensive line is just as good as Miami, plus they have experience on playing us and a blueprint to beat us in all three phases.

Rams 16 Seattle 13

Record to date 0-1

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Rams have everything to play for this week! Home opener in a new city, playing what they consider their rivals! Trying to keep the coaches job and theirs! They'll play better than last week and will put up a fight, Gurley may go off, but it won't be enough, not with that QB!
Hawks-13
Rams-10

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Thomas will be looking to fix his mistakes of last week.
Seahawks 20.
Rams 10.
I'm 1 & 0...So far, so good :)

StoneCold

Reaction score
Rams will get one early field goal and a late game, embearassing deep ball for TD.

Hawks get 4 field goals.

Final score:

Rams 10
Hawks 12

Wartooth

Reaction score
Homeless team, living in RV's in the parking lot of their sorely run down 'new' stadium...
Fisher confirming he is going with Keenum's 'hot hand' in week 2...
Ram's are the dirtiest team in football...
Fisher's usual 'trick/desperation' plays...

Disaster!

Hawks win a gritty, barely watchable game...

Hawks - 20

Rams - 6

1 -0

Laloosh

Reaction score
I predicted a twinkiehouse last week. I'll stick to my prediction despite no Ifedi and Russell's bum ankle.

SEA - 34
LA - 9

YTD: 1-0