Goff to start ?

Hawks46

Reaction score
According to Cowherd this morning, Goff is going to start against us.

Can anyone corroborate this anywhere else ?

Seriously, WTF is Fisher doing ? You have your rookie QB as an inactive on game day, then are adamant he's still not starting and that he has "a shot" at being #2. Then you stealth him some starting reps during the week and start him against the best defense in the league, and the hands down best secondary in the league ?

This is 70's and 80's Tampa Bay bad for QB management.

So typically, according to Cowherd, he's about to get a 3 year extension as well. Best. News. Ever.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Last thing I read yesterday was that Fisher said Goff may be active, but that's it.

Which means to me that Keenum is now on a very short leash, Fisher isn't going to hesitate to yank him and put in Manion or Goff if Keenum can't produce.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I have a feeling they start Keenum again, but move Goff up to the 2nd spot.

When the game is in the 3rd and we are up by more than 3 td's, Goff will come in for garbage time to get his feet wet and will remain the starter for the rest of the year.

U8QF1e8

Boycie

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2kvbyrf7 said:
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/9/14/12915060/keyshawn-johnson-la-rams-head-coach-jeff-fisher-forced-to-draft-jared-goff

Seems Goff wasn't Fischer's choice to draft but rather Carson Wentz. So needless to say, he may have some hurt pride here.

This is a huge risk, and this could really damage Goff's development.

How does this kid go from not even suiting up for the last game to possibly playing against us? If Fisher is caving to pressure this early then he is definitely on the hot seat.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Laloosh":1o13xuao said:
When is Fisher's contract up?

He's in the final year of his current deal. Clayton reported that the extension is for three years.

I have no idea what Kroenke is smoking, if I was a Ram's fan I'd burn my jersey after reading this nonsense. Maybe it was hard to get a top coaching candidate to come to St. Louis, but what top candidate wouldn't want to move to LA and take over that defense?

Stupid to give a retread like Fisher who hasn't done a damn thing for you three more years of going 6-9.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3nkyk7kl said:
Laloosh":3nkyk7kl said:

He's in the final year of his current deal. Clayton reported that the extension is for three years.

I have no idea what Kroenke is smoking, if I was a Ram's fan I'd burn my jersey after reading this nonsense. Maybe it was hard to get a top coaching candidate to come to St. Louis, but what top candidate wouldn't want to move to LA and take over that defense?

Stupid to give a retread like Fisher who hasn't done a damn thing for you three more years of going 6-9.

I would call it sealing the bid for the Hall of fame for amount of LOSSES. He has skillz. :twisted:

lukerguy

Reaction score
Regarding the video of 5 interceptions. The first two were the Seahawks' Kenny Lawlers fault. First one off the hands, second one looked like he didn't use his body to take position away from DB.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":e23gv72r said:
Laloosh":e23gv72r said:

Shhhhhhh Largent. Let's keep him there.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
If near-simultaneous decisions have been made, both to extend Fisher and to start Goff in the LA home opener, then it's reasonable to wonder if the owner K and the coach F came to a handshake deal.

K: My man Goff starts Sunday!

F: With my contract on the line??

K: Okay - Deal. Now make it happen, dammit!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2c6furcs said:
If near-simultaneous decisions have been made, both to extend Fisher and to start Goff in the LA home opener, then it's reasonable to wonder if the owner K and the coach F came to a handshake deal.

K: Goff starts Sunday!

F: With my contract on the line??

K: Okay - Deal. Now make it happen, dammit!

LOL......I bet you're not far off.

If I was Fisher I'd tell Kroenke the same thing "You want Goff to start? Gimme an extension cause that means we're gonna go 2-14 for the next two years."

dogorama

Reaction score
Of course, ideally, you want to bring your rookie QB along slowly but given the Ram's current state of affairs you need to make a decision: are we a viable playoff contender or are we strictly in rebuild mode? I think we all know the answer to that. You need to make that decision and quit trying to be both, it doesn't work.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
^ Right, also fits time-wise with the beginning this LA Rams era.

Maybe after what K saw on Monday night that decision was easier to make. Can't hurt also for generating early interestand getting the market tuned in.

dogorama

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":1hxi244d said:
^ Right, also fits time-wise with the beginning this LA Rams era.

Maybe after what K saw on Monday night that decision was easier to make. Can't hurt also for generating early interestand getting the market tuned in.

Absolutely, because it's a lot easier to stomach bad play when you know you are in rebuild mode rather than "we just have a shitty team."

OP
OP
H

Hawks46

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":1en55kc2 said:
Bobblehead":1en55kc2 said:
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/9/14/12915060/keyshawn-johnson-la-rams-head-coach-jeff-fisher-forced-to-draft-jared-goff

Seems Goff wasn't Fischer's choice to draft but rather Carson Wentz. So needless to say, he may have some hurt pride here.

This is a huge risk, and this could really damage Goff's development.

How does this kid go from not even suiting up for the last game to possibly playing against us? If Fisher is caving to pressure this early then he is definitely on the hot seat.

Oh, I totally agree. Thing is, Cowherd isn't the guy that needs to be "breaking news guy". That's not his shtick. He's typically a bit more conservative and he'd rather be the "I'm right guy". He said a few times, "Goff is starting". Not that "sources say..." or "I've heard" or supposition.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":ur1et7sj said:
Knowing Fisher, he'll put Goff in as a wide-out.

And score a 50-yard touchdown on us, winning the game by less than that.