Nice story on Powell

TatupuIsRRRR

Reaction score
That is exactly what makes the Seahawks the BEST!!! Ty going to be a strong player for long time.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Fine, I get it, I'll get off the couch and go to the gym.. Cool story, really amazing, what mental toughness and courage, no fear of failure just dogmatic and relentless focus and work.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Is he on the roster? For some reason I thought he got cut and might have been added to the practice squad. I assume from that article that I am quite mistaken.

McGruff

Reaction score
HawkGA":772zeh6x said:
Is he on the roster? For some reason I thought he got cut and might have been added to the practice squad. I assume from that article that I am quite mistaken.

You are. He was one of I think 6 UDFAs the made the team.

When the comparison was made to Shead, my first thought was Head is a better athlete. But when you look at the numbers, Powell is pretty freakish in his own right. Shead is stronger and mor s explosive, but Powell has better range and agility. They really fir the reverse profile of the Seahawks CB and FS . . . Shead is a corner who is built like a safety, and Powell is a safety with the skills of a corner.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I really liked what I saw from him in preseason. The other guy I was really impressed with in preseason game 4 was lambert. I hope at some point we get him back to develop him. He had a great spidey sense of where the ball was going. It's like gretzky said-good players know where the puck is, great players know where the puck is going to be.

Pete and John are great at finding guys with the intangibles like vision. Guys like Earl. Powell seemed to always be in on the play wherever it was. To me that shows great vision. Couple that with getting him trained up in discipline and how we run our defense and he could be a great player.

Mojambo

Reaction score
He should be ready to take over for Shead when Deshaun gets a big offer this off-season.

Seattle is a DB producing factory.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
"This kid was not supposed to play at Ohio State. He was not supposed to be the team captain at Ohio State. He was not supposed to be in the NFL. He was not supposed to play for the Seattle Seahawks in the ‘Legion of Boom.’

"But he is."
I, for one, am glad he is here. Love the story, and I hope he becomes the next UDFA to make his mark with the team and earn a long-term contract with the Seahawks.