Lockett

Laloosh

Reaction score
I never feel good about any prediction I make about this team... unless the prediction is that my blood pressure will be through the roof.

hawk45

Reaction score
A big punt return seems a safe enough prediction since I have to work to remember a game where he didn't have one of those.
I'd love a deep TD but against the Rams if he just doesn't drop easy passed for first downs it'll be enough for me.
Not sure the pocket will hold up long enough for a deep pass unless the deep pass comes on first down and we don't tip it off in some way. Scotte always talked about how we tipped off PA and teams auto-blitzed it all the time.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":3d6k0tju said:
I never feel good about any prediction I make about this team... unless the prediction is that my blood pressure will be through the roof.
This. 2 BP pills tomorrow morning, I think. :|

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I miss the good ol days like 12, when we beat teams like Arizona and Buffalo by 50.

hawk45

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3pa7djoq said:
I miss the good ol days like 12, when we beat teams like Arizona and Buffalo by 50.

LOL, but we kinda had those days end of last season, no?

Those days seem to happen later in the season when our OL gets healthy or learns to play together. Early season is the days of offense helpless for 3.5 quarters managing to pull something out once or twice at the end of games.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
hawk45":3jda6yij said:
A big punt return seems a safe enough prediction since I have to work to remember a game where he didn't have one of those.
I'd love a deep TD but against the Rams if he just doesn't drop easy passed for first downs it'll be enough for me.
Not sure the pocket will hold up long enough for a deep pass unless the deep pass comes on first down and we don't tip it off in some way. Scotte always talked about how we tipped off PA and teams auto-blitzed it all the time.

I think one of the ways this team tips off plays is in how they break the huddle. Players leave the huddle early depending on their role for the play. I remember an article or story on NE where they were talking about nobody leaving the huddle before Brady did.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but still deals with Lockett. I met a guy yesterday said he was Tyler's best friend who grew up with Tyler in Tulsa. It threw me off a bit since it was at an Enterprise rental car location that I was there with my dad to drop off their rental. I had my Sherman jersey on (blue Friday) and the guy showed me pics of the game at Miami with him and Tyler and some of the other players.

Anyway, just wanted to share that as it's a small world.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
OkieHawk":3tztznek said:
Slightly off topic, but still deals with Lockett. I met a guy yesterday said he was Tyler's best friend who grew up with Tyler in Tulsa. It threw me off a bit since it was at an Enterprise rental car location that I was there with my dad to drop off their rental. I had my Sherman jersey on (blue Friday) and the guy showed me pics of the game at Miami with him and Tyler and some of the other players.

Anyway, just wanted to share that as it's a small world.

It is for the 12s especially.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Yeah. He's usually pretty sure handed. Kind of ironic that it was Maxwell that punched the ball out of his hands on that one play.

Gametime

Reaction score
I am interested in how he and Rawls handle doing what they do WITH the expectations this year. They were just rookies last year with no expectations. Pressure can do funny things. I think they will be just fine and especially with the veteran leadership. Just something we haven't hit on much yet. So many players who flash their rookie year have down sophmore seasons. Pressure is a huge part as well as every team now planning for you with a years worth of film on you.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Lockett will be fine and I fully expect him to break one to the house soon. Every pro bowler will have at least one crap game a year and usually a couple.