It All Comes Down To RW's Ankle

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Until it heals up, we will be a subpar offense a very limited offensively. His feet/ankle/legs are what makes us the dynamic offense we are used to seeing.

But as long as he is a statue in the pocket, I wouldn't expect too much offensively. I also noticed he isn't stepping into throws either. He can obviously pass from the pocket, but he is 100X better when he can use his legs. Probably the first game in a long time (forever?) where I can't remember RW making an incredible escape-artist play.

Lets hope he heals up sooner than later.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
He doesn't seem to have any problem moving the ball down the field at the end of halves and the end of games.

King Dog

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":w216ttjr said:
Until it heals up, we will be a subpar offense a very limited offensively. His feet/ankle/legs are what makes us the dynamic offense we are used to seeing.

But as long as he is a statue in the pocket, I wouldn't expect too much offensively. I also noticed he isn't stepping into throws either. He can obviously pass from the pocket, but he is 100X better when he can use his legs. Probably the first game in a long time (forever?) where I can't remember RW making an incredible escape-artist play.

Lets hope he heals up sooner than later.

His ankle was fine in the first half against the Dolphins and our offense was pathetic

Fade

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3f51cg4c said:
He doesn't seem to have any problem moving the ball down the field at the end of halves and the end of games.

Coincidentally when Russell is calling his own plays...hmmm I wonder.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Or or or Our staff could do the unthinkable and ... Change the offensive play calling to account for the fact that he can't run right now! There is this thing other staffs do so times called " game planning". The Hawks should attempt that!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Why are we running read option when his ankle is bad and every one of the 90,000 people in the Coliseum knew he wouldn't keep the ball because of that ankle?

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Has RW ever expressed interest in running more of an up-tempo/no-huddle offense. He would be perfect for it. Would love to see what our offense looks like in a no-huddle offense for an entire game. But that is a whole other discussion.

AusSeahawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":10vwn26p said:

This.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
brimsalabim":cwgyzpes said:
Or or or Our staff could do the unthinkable and ... Change the offensive play calling to account for the fact that he can't run right now! There is this thing other staffs do so times called " game planning". The Hawks should attempt that!

Game planning you say. Hmmm, I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Just kidding, gett Collins in there!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Here is the thing, we end up giving up 14 or 20 points to the opponent I bet you see offensive drives by us that end up with us in the EZ.

It is the crap wasted plays that are killing us, and the ridiculous risks we are taking by calling pass plays that take time to develop while only getting us 3-6 yards. (Leave aside WTF Alex Collins is doing on the field at all, ever)

When we need to score, we seem to be able to move the ball and even get near the EZ. So the issue is not being concerned with getting into the EZ, not that we cannot but we don't mind if we don't. Whereas when we have to move the ball? We do a better job of it.

It isn't the ankle. It is the guy calling the plays. We were not scoring before Wilson got hurt vs Miami. What was the excuse then?

Terpdragon

Reaction score
This oline is getting him killed. Who picked em? Cable. Him and Bevel not adjusting and just calling plain stupid shit is the issue.