Just remember last year we were 0-2 at this point

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
So I guess we are up by one?

However, last year was a complete failure.

This team almost failed to make the playoffs and failed to do anything in the playoffs but for a lucky chip shot FG miss.

So there is reason to be optimistic (we have a better record to this point than last year) and pessimistic (we look much worse than last year)

SlickRick

Reaction score
Optimistic thought of the day, seahawks should beat the 49ers, to go up 2-1next week, lets put this nightmare behind us

JustTheTip

Reaction score
SlickRick":1bjpf9zb said:
Optimistic thought of the day, seahawks should beat the 49ers, to go up 2-1next week, lets put this nightmare behind us

They should have creamed the Dolphins and beat the Rams as well.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
SlickRick":vccjh2js said:

Didn't the niners dominate the Rams? And put up a fight against the panthers?

No cakewalk there.

dogorama

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3hkc7xhx said:
So I guess we are up by one?

However, last year was a complete failure.

This team almost failed to make the playoffs and failed to do anything in the playoffs but for a lucky chip shot FG miss.

So there is reason to be optimistic (we have a better record to this point than last year) and pessimistic (we look much worse than last year)

But last year the toughest part of our schedule was the first half, this year it is just the opposite, besides, what did we do last year?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
We need HFA.

We just don't have an explosive enough offense or a defense that can force turnovers to win on the road in the playoffs. We need that extra edge being home.

Barely making the playoffs should not be the mark for a roster this talented.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
"JUST REMEMBER LAST YEAR WE WERE 0-2 AT THIS POINT"

Sad consolation. This team right now looks really PATHETIC ...

peppersjap

Reaction score
Wow!! We aren't playing well but the sky isn't falling yet! I used to think I was a pessimist until I came here.

Crizilla

Reaction score
SlickRick":214kdxtp said:

right now that game as well as the jets game are toss ups IMO

Overseasfan

Reaction score
1-1 is not something I'm panicking about. Even more so since the other teams in our division are 1-1 as well.

The thing that is bothering me is our complete inability to score. Is our O really such a liability? Is Russ not as good as we thought? Or is Bevell truely screwing up big time with his play calls?

It's difficult to pinpoint and that scares me. This problem needs to be fixed asap.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
peppersjap":2lailwt6 said:
Wow!! We aren't playing well but the sky isn't falling yet! I used to think I was a pessimist until I came here.

Winning or losing of course is important, but when you feel embarrassed watching your team, it's not a good sign ...
And in 2 weeks I'm going to cross the Atlantic Ocean to see the Seahawks in NY. If I have to witness something similar to what happened yesterday it's not going to be a nice "first NFL live match" ...
By the way, I know I'm not optimistic at all, but if we get to the bye with a 2-2, It'll be OK (this means that I think that, playing like this, the 49ers can perfectly win us in the Clink).

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
And in 2014 they were 1-1 after an absolutely painful, disastrous game in San Diego where they couldn't stop anything against the Chargers offense.

And then they fell to 3-3, Percy Harvin kicked off, was cut, Marshawn Lynch became a headache, the whole thing nearly imploded.

Then they went to the Super Bowl.

Seahawks know better than anyone not to overreact and yet here we are.

Largent80

Reaction score
I was at that game in San Diego... Ugh.
I don't think the coaching staff is that worried, but the way this board reacts you would think that the Hawks died

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
peppersjap":3rdrlvc0 said:

We are 1-1 and so are the Packers. Their board board did not implode and I am still trying to decide if this one has. Common Sense says that we are close. They lost to the vikings and we lost to the rams. We are below the rams in division play.

But we knew it was going to be a hard year. Easy schedule with all the changes in our lineup and a hobbled qb....yarite. That never happens. And We have a long way to go. I am so happy that the season did not end today...because there is still monday night football. Then it can end. Heh.

I felt almost relieved that we lost this game too. I felt nothing. No anger, no upset, no sadness, nothing.

In other news, the leaves on one of my trees has turned yellow. Fall is on the way pretty fast. Peace.

Disclaimer, this is not anything against the op or anyone else quoted here. I thought it was interesting that I agreed with this poster.

Willyeye

Reaction score
Overseasfan":11ro46xe said:
1-1 is not something I'm panicking about. Even more so since the other teams in our division are 1-1 as well.

The thing that is bothering me is our complete inability to score. Is our O really such a liability? Is Russ not as good as we thought? Or is Bevell truely screwing up big time with his play calls?

It's difficult to pinpoint and that scares me. This problem needs to be fixed asap.

Rawls doesn't look like the same guy from last year. Collins looks like a bust so far. Michael is no Lynch, but if he can avoid the fumbles, he looks pretty good. At this point, the O-Line is worse than last year's version two weeks in. I guess the pass blocking is about the same, but the run blocking is definitely not a silver lining this year. Other than Britt, they look horrible.

I will say that Bevell is not doing well. He needs to make adjustments during the game...unless he likes watching Ryan punt 7 or 8 times a game. Whatever he's doing against the Rams is not working. He needs a completely new game plan against the Rames. Watch the 49ers game...they put up 28 points on the Rams.

In defense of our offense, it did look like the zebras were trying to help the Rams win their home opener in L.A. In 50+ years of watching football games, I don't ever remember (I guess I could be wrong, but...) 3 OPI penalties called on one team in only one game.

2_0_6

Reaction score
The Packers are 1-1 and were so close to starting 0-2.

Yes our offense looks like complete crap, but is anyone really surprised considering how many starters are injured, dinged up, or recovering from surgeries?

Sorry to break it to ya, but if you thought this team was going to hit the ground this season running at 100% in all facets then pass me what you are smoking please.