Seahawks Offense was tied for 4th on a PPG basis last year

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
And that got them a wildcard berth and almost a quick exit.

Even then, they just got embarrassed the next game.

Additionally, a whole bunch of those scores arrived in spite of our OC, not because of him.

But since all that scoring didn't really matter given the W/L and playoff success, I am not sure why I am expected to care.

I still want him fired, or better yet, give him the option to resign or demote him and promote someone below him to OC. That will make absolutely sure nobody else gets stuck with him.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2wmg592o said:
Just think about that as you post your fire "____" posts.
Yet our offense still was inconsistent on a quarter by quarter basis, on a game by game basis, and under-performed the first half of the season. Questionable decision making on the offenses part cost us a Superbowl win. By and large we've been living, or dying with Russell's ability to improvise, which is no way to run an offense.

Our offense has always been slow to adjust to what the defense is doing, and straight up non-existent until the second half of the game. We trade for a TE that is bad at blocking, but a phenominal receiving talent and we use him as an inline blocker? Are you kidding me? This is the definition of insanity, doing the same damn thing and expecting different results.

RussB

Reaction score
They did that in spite of bevell. If they had a truly good OC they could be the #1 offense not even joking. Hes holding the team back, the defense is great like it always has been. The offense is just terrible.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":31l08rsn said:
ImTheScientist":31l08rsn said:
Yet our offense still was inconsistent on a quarter by quarter basis, on a game by game basis, and under-performed the first half of the season. Questionable decision making on the offenses part cost us a Superbowl win. By and large we've been living, or dying with Russell's ability to improvise, which is no way to run an offense.

Our offense has always been slow to adjust to what the defense is doing, and straight up non-existent until the second half of the game. We trade for a TE that is bad at blocking, but a phenominal receiving talent and we use him as an inline blocker? Are you kidding me? This is the definition of insanity, doing the same damn thing and expecting different results.

so much truth being spilled on this page here

Hawks46

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1fkehodu said:
ImTheScientist":1fkehodu said:

Good post. If you need proof, just look how bad our offense looked today without Russ being able to improvise and PICK UP YARDS WITH HIS LEGS. I thought about that after the game and it's scary how much we depend on Wilson scrambling for yards and 1st downs.

Also, love the whole "last year" thing. Last year isn't going to get us wins this year. Especially when we don't use the successful game plans from last year.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Hawks46":90q9kfeb said:
Spin Doctor":90q9kfeb said:
ImTheScientist":90q9kfeb said:

Good post. If you need proof, just look how bad our offense looked today without Russ being able to improvise and PICK UP YARDS WITH HIS LEGS. I thought about that after the game and it's scary how much we depend on Wilson scrambling for yards and 1st downs.

Also, love the whole "last year" thing. Last year isn't going to get us wins this year. Especially when we don't use the successful game plans from last year.

Hawks46 I generally agree with everything you write. It's nutty.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawks46 has always been a good poster. It's probably why he did so well in .net pick the score. :D

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2eqvebnd said:
ImTheScientist":2eqvebnd said:

POTY

dogorama

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2jlag4l1 said:

Again, this is the problem w/stats. Was our offense really 4th or is that based upon an average that can be skewed by various anomalies?

First of all, we weren't 4th, by score we were 8th but that is skewed by various factors including a very week 2nd half schedule, playing a team like the Vikings who were w/o their key defensive players, and a week 17 game against Arizona when everything was already settled, among other factors.

If you were to go back and separate the 1st half from the 2nd half you would see that in the 1st half we averaged 20.4 pts a game for a ranking of 25th in the league.

This year we rank 31st out of 32 teams.

Having said that, last year we had different players and a different O-Line so the comparison means absolutely NOTHING.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/p ... 2016-02-08

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
where is marshawn to keep bevell in line?

marshawn-lynch-flips-off-the-OC.gif

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Exactly. Fans are so fickle and obnoxiously intolerant in many of these posts. The reputation of our offensive coordinator speaks for itself -- 2 Super Bowl appearances in the last 3 years and an offense that put 32 points on the board per game in the final 8 last season. These fans also must not be paying attention to how the Hawks put more of an emphasis on finishing strong, working out the kinks early and then pouncing on their prey in the second half of the season. It's a recipe that's worked well before, so I'm solidly in support of our entire coaching staff.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2bdxw84n said:
Exactly. Fans are so fickle and obnoxiously intolerant in many of these posts. The reputation of our offensive coordinator speaks for itself -- 2 Super Bowl appearances in the last 3 years and an offense that put 32 points on the board per game in the final 8 last season. These fans also must not be paying attention to how the Hawks put more of an emphasis on finishing strong, working out the kinks early and then pouncing on their prey in the second half of the season. It's a recipe that's worked well before, so I'm solidly in support of our entire coaching staff.

Way to only read the first post then reply.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3hxnw9j9 said:
Siouxhawk":3hxnw9j9 said:

Way to only read the first post then reply.
That's how this works. OP makes a post and then everyone adds their two cents. New to this format?

skater18000

Reaction score
RussB":2hf1k74s said:
They did that in spite of bevell. If they had a truly good OC they could be the #1 offense not even joking. Hes holding the team back, the defense is great like it always has been. The offense is just terrible.

Oooh you're gonna regret that one... I know I did haha

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
So let me see if I understand....

5,10,15 yard run - great play call we need to run the rock more
Run stuffed - horrible play calling Bevell needs to throw down field
Career 107 td passes - Russ audibled every one
Career 628 incomplete pass - Bevell called for terrible pass routes
4th qrt last minute fumble, lose by 6 - fire everyone
19 4th qrt comeback wins - Bevell had nothing to do with any of it