Watched dvr'd game knowing we lost bad-what I saw

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Sowell was Lazy. Watch him close next game. If a defender gets a bit by hime, he gives up AND JUST STANDS THERE! One of Russ's sacks was because Sowell got beat, then just stood there and russ was pushed into Sowell. Even as russ was being pushed into him he didn't move. Multiple times he was bad, and he jumped for a penalty. Number 78 was trash today.

Bevell had no answer for blitzes. They blitzed constantly, and we kept on with the 20 yard passes or the run up the middle. I have not been a Bevell basher, but he does lack the ability to alter his game plan. He comes in thinking he knows what the other team will do. If he is right, which is rare, we kill it. When he is wrong he just sticks with it and this is what happens.

Defense did pretty well. There was some issues, and we seemed to be in more of a prevent mode than an aggressive one, but overall pretty good.

the Rams are not a good football team. We have seemed to convince ourselves that they are because they have owned 4 out of the last 5 times we have played them. Don't forget, the 9ers skunked them and put alot of points on the board doing it last week. The team they play next week will probably beat them. They are a .500 team. We get beat by them because we do not have the correct strategy going into the game, and do not seem to have the ability to adjust.

We have great talent. Richardson, Lockette and Baldwin are phenomenal. Graham could be obviously, but we have decided to pay millions of dollars a year for a tall mediocre blocker. Even if you plugged graham into kearses routes on some of the plays I guarantee he would find success. Many of kearses routes are great tight end routes.

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results. Everyone, not only media talking heads, but fans of other teams realize our OC and the OL are the issues with this team. We cannot go out and pay for a top tier OL as our cap has been spent in other areas. It is my belief though that our OC makes them look WAY worse than they are. I don't blame cable as he has new guys 2 years in a row, some of which have never even played OL, and others are mid to low level at best. Having said that, Knowing that the rams are blitzing every other play should mean that spreading out recievers and having 3 hot reads within 10 to 15 yards of the line of scrimmage that then break upfield to keep the defense moving, while also putting a speed guy like richardson on a route straight out as fast as he can and break into the center to pull the safety to him would be a good adjustment. You could run variations of that all day with success when they bring 5. This bunch everyone into the center of the field crap so they can stack the box has got to go. In Bevells thought process he is trying to bring more protection toward the center, but all he's doing is giving russ no options and clogging up his vision. I love me some Russ, but he is a little guy, and I think a lot of our formations really emphasize this negative.

Sorry, had to vent. I know, week 2 etc. Problem is, we have had these EXACT same issues for multiple years. We make it to the playoffs and the superbowl because of our incredible talent and players that have the drive to win IN SPITE of the complete lack of vision and ability to improvise strategy at a coaching level. We have a phenomenal defense that keeps us in games we are getting hammered in offensively. Pete Carroll is a great coach, and I wouldn't want to trade him for another, but he is loyal to a fault when it comes to his coaching staff. If we had a good offensive mind running that offense we would be crushing opponents WITH the offensive line we have.

In the days of old I was fine with us sucking because we sucked. Right now, we don't suck, we just have a handful of people holding us back. That is WAY more frustrating to me than being 9-7, 4-11 whatever. This level of talent on the same roster doesn't happen often, and we are wasting it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's a good post.

Thing is, we have the personnel to pull of multiple hot routes and blitz reads. Baldwin and Lockett get instant separation, Kearse wins jump balls, and we have Graham if we'd bother to use him.

You could see us start to work drives and then just lose it. Either bad play calls, bad personnel groupings or penalties killed our momentum.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
johnnyfever":9cktu5k4 said:
Sowell was Lazy. Watch him close next game. If a defender gets a bit by hime, he gives up AND JUST STANDS THERE! One of Russ's sacks was because Sowell got beat, then just stood there and russ was pushed into Sowell. Even as russ was being pushed into him he didn't move. Multiple times he was bad, and he jumped for a penalty. Number 78 was trash today.

Bevell had no answer for blitzes. They blitzed constantly, and we kept on with the 20 yard passes or the run up the middle. I have not been a Bevell basher, but he does lack the ability to alter his game plan. He comes in thinking he knows what the other team will do. If he is right, which is rare, we kill it. When he is wrong he just sticks with it and this is what happens.

Defense did pretty well. There was some issues, and we seemed to be in more of a prevent mode than an aggressive one, but overall pretty good.

the Rams are not a good football team. We have seemed to convince ourselves that they are because they have owned 4 out of the last 5 times we have played them. Don't forget, the 9ers skunked them and put alot of points on the board doing it last week. The team they play next week will probably beat them. They are a .500 team. We get beat by them because we do not have the correct strategy going into the game, and do not seem to have the ability to adjust.

We have great talent. Richardson, Lockette and Baldwin are phenomenal. Graham could be obviously, but we have decided to pay millions of dollars a year for a tall mediocre blocker. Even if you plugged graham into kearses routes on some of the plays I guarantee he would find success. Many of kearses routes are great tight end routes.

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results. Everyone, not only media talking heads, but fans of other teams realize our OC and the OL are the issues with this team. We cannot go out and pay for a top tier OL as our cap has been spent in other areas. It is my belief though that our OC makes them look WAY worse than they are. I don't blame cable as he has new guys 2 years in a row, some of which have never even played OL, and others are mid to low level at best. Having said that, Knowing that the rams are blitzing every other play should mean that spreading out recievers and having 3 hot reads within 10 to 15 yards of the line of scrimmage that then break upfield to keep the defense moving, while also putting a speed guy like richardson on a route straight out as fast as he can and break into the center to pull the safety to him would be a good adjustment. You could run variations of that all day with success when they bring 5. This bunch everyone into the center of the field crap so they can stack the box has got to go. In Bevells thought process he is trying to bring more protection toward the center, but all he's doing is giving russ no options and clogging up his vision. I love me some Russ, but he is a little guy, and I think a lot of our formations really emphasize this negative.

Sorry, had to vent. I know, week 2 etc. Problem is, we have had these EXACT same issues for multiple years. We make it to the playoffs and the superbowl because of our incredible talent and players that have the drive to win IN SPITE of the complete lack of vision and ability to improvise strategy at a coaching level. We have a phenomenal defense that keeps us in games we are getting hammered in offensively. Pete Carroll is a great coach, and I wouldn't want to trade him for another, but he is loyal to a fault when it comes to his coaching staff. If we had a good offensive mind running that offense we would be crushing opponents WITH the offensive line we have.

In the days of old I was fine with us sucking because we sucked. Right now, we don't suck, we just have a handful of people holding us back. That is WAY more frustrating to me than being 9-7, 4-11 whatever. This level of talent on the same roster doesn't happen often, and we are wasting it.

This should be mandatory reading for every poster on here. I don't know who you are, but I'm an instant fan. Thank you!

Ruminator

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1xzt3k4w said:

This has to make any Seahawk fan extremely concerned. Surely, Tom Cable and Pete Carrol won't tolerate this kind of apathetic performance, will they? Hello, Sowell? This was a REAL GAME, not practice drills at the VMAC!

Last thing I ever want to see is blatant laziness by one of our players during a game, so this is highly disappointing, to say the least.

chris98251

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1kf8fmel said:

Really liked your write up and I happen to agree with a lot of it, keep up the good work but be ready to argue your points.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
What really sucked was I hate knowing the outcome before I watch. I was at the lake and was avoiding all internet so as to not find out anything about the game. I found out because A fellow musician buddy, whom I never talk football with, was texting me about an upcoming show. Then he did it. About our 4th text back and forth his last two words in the text were "damnit Seahawks". Really. Crap.

The good thing about this though is it allowed me to watch the game knowing only the final score. I really paid special attention to the background. I rarely watched Russell, but instead watched the line. I would pause and slow mo supposed bad calls to see that while ticky tack, they were valid. I also saw plenty of calls against us that were blatant that weren't called.

The other thing that got to me was how much we ran this bunched formation with maybe 1 wideout. They were KILLING us on this formation. Sowell got confused several times thinking he had backup and not only did the blitzer he thought was picked up blow by him, but his own guy as well because of his indecision. Then he just stands there as both defenders run around in the backfield. He has got to be one of if not the laziest professional OL I have ever seen. Glow actually had more pressures from missing his guy, but his were not even close to as bad as Sowells. Atleast Glow was trying.

Even though It was a nice change of pace looking at the game from a different mindset, I still will be avoiding all internet, and now I guess my whole phone or contact with other humans until I can watch the game.

At least the packers lost.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1mza819e said:
What really sucked was I hate knowing the outcome before I watch.
I felt this way and I was watching it live. :lol: Sad but true.

BTW, if your OP is you venting, keep venting! I like how you offer alternatives rather than just complaining. :2thumbs: