No Lynch, Bad Ankle, Bad playcalling...

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
We all miss Marshawn, but nothing can be done about that right now. But even a guy like me knew exactly what was going to happen with Wilson starting the game today.

1. Wilson would be unable to scramble because of his ankle. The Rams knew this.
2. The Rams were going to blitz the hell out of him since he is unable to scramble.
3. Bevell called few if any play-action plays, in the face of blitzing linebackers.

How can the OC of a team like Seattle not be aware of what is going to happen and plan for it? As much as we love Wilson, he is only great when he is able to scramble and make plays happen. If you take that away, he is easy to plan a defense around. Just keep him in pocket when he drops back and get your arms in the air to swat down his passes.

The defense has mostly carried Russell Wilson, making him look better than he may actually be, especially when hampered with a bad ankle. This has allowed Bevell to get away with bad playcalling year after year. But it's hard to watch this team squander its "Super Bowl window" due to our inability to score on offense.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Meanwhile, a New England team missing the starting QB, and 4-5 key players (with arguably 2 stars out) keeps chugging along in spite of the reasons for possible excuses.

Sure, sometimes the Dolphins beat them, sure they are a division rival, sure last year they lost to them - but they still won.

Meanwhile, our fans come up with excuses for why this is OK knowing the Rams suck, but also knowing we suck worse and they dare not admit it.

They are always excuses to fail, the key to success is to succeed in spite of those excuses.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":29hrd1iw said:
Meanwhile, a New England team missing the starting QB, and 4-5 key players (with arguably 2 stars out) keeps chugging along in spite of the reasons for possible excuses.

Sure, sometimes the Dolphins beat them, sure they are a division rival, sure last year they lost to them - but they still won.

Meanwhile, our fans come up with excuses for why this is OK knowing the Rams suck, but also knowing we suck worse and they dare not admit it.

They are always excuses to fail, the key to success is to succeed in spite of those excuses.
And that's what's so frustrating! New England just continuing to be a well oiled machine, despite everything they're going through. I mean really, why can't the Hawks just plug in any O lineman and not miss a beat? New England's been doing that for years. Honestly, this teams issues have more to do with the coaches and higher ups than it does with the personnel.

onepicknick

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1tin25ob said:
TwistedHusky":1tin25ob said:

And that's what's so frustrating! New England just continuing to be a well oiled machine, despite everything they're going through. I mean really, why can't the Hawks just plug in any O lineman and not miss a beat? New England's been doing that for years. Honestly, this teams issues have more to do with the coaches and higher ups than it does with the personnel.

I was just talking about Bellichick today to a Bills fan he will go down as the greatest to ever Coach the Game he adapts to everything.

In the Superbowl against us when someone was getting burned he'd take them out and plug someone else in that spot and woala he makes the game winning INT.

peppersjap

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2l26z67t said:

I agree because we obviously have had no success recently :sarcasm_on: . Our 1st 2 games we played against 2 of the top defensive lines in football with a brand new offensive line that is missing its #1 draft choice and has an injured QB who relies on his mobility. The line the 49ers faced last week did not include Robert Quinn who was out for that game. We played like crap yet we found ourselves on the 35 yard line with a chance to go in for the winning score. I was so pissed today watching the game but the Seahawks did as they always do, they gave us a chance to win.

We suck worse than the Rams? I'm pretty sure the Rams fans would trade places with us! They have dominated us recently yet we have been in the playoffs/Super Bowl. I remember a very long string of dominance over the Rams while we weren't so good, I think I prefer this.