This loss bothers me

Crizilla

Reaction score
For one, it was just a really lame game in general. Boring. No touchdowns. Punts galore. Couldn't score in literally freezing weather, couldn't score on a hot summer day in LA. This offense has issues. I see much better movement, energy, and use of the skill players when time is running low. Either at the end of the half, or the end of the game. If Christine Michael doesn't fumble, we most likely were on our way to 2 bizarre offensive games to start the season. Sure, it shows that Wilson and the offense are capable of game winning drives, but you can't rely on them week in and week out. Just can't. I'm enjoying this nice little run the Mariners are on right now since it's something to get excited about. Nothing exciting about the Seahawks offense right now. Could easily be 0-2.

Back to LA, I'm really starting to dread this team. So fitting for it to be an LA team now. Brings back some more Seattle vs. LA stuff. Anything west coast vs west coast is intriguing. Beating LA would really be nice, though. It's the New York or Boston of the west coast. Our beef with SF has died down due to their rebuild. The Niners new stadium in Santa Clara doesn't have as ruckus of a crowd as their old stadium did. Arizona is Arizona. They usually split. "BEAT LA" is back in full force. Seeing Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams smiling and having the time of their life was the one thing I didn't want to see this season besides not winning the Owl. Trust me, they get way more excited beating us than they do beating other teams (when that rarely happens). There's more on the line to them against us. They've won 4 out of 5 against us yet no playoff appearances. Strange.

Why do they have our number? Well, the defensive line is elite. Good RB. 2 ingredients we've had in our superbowl runs. Most importantly, though, our coaching staff continues to not adjust to LA's defensive game plan. Fisher and Williams are better at running their defense than Caroll and Bevell are at running their offense. Going in, I thought this would be a great game to let Graham loose and throw it up to him so his frame can catch it. Do this 5 to 7 yards down the field, and it's a great way to beat their rush. We seem to only play this methodical and clever offense during 2 minute drives, though. I don't know if they're holding Graham back because he's coming off injury or what, but if he's playing you need to play him. All or nothing in this league. Where were the screens? Screens. Screens are good. High percentage play if blocks are set up properly. People were saying this last week after the Miami game, too. Why? Miami also has a great pass rush.

SF did a much better job against them, even though it wasn't the Rams superbowl, but if these past 2 weeks haven't showed you we are being out coached, I don't know what will.