Injury Updates From 9-3 Loss To Rams

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Lockett sprained his knee...
Russell still battling a bum ankle...
Rawls suffered a leg contusion.

The first injury sustained in Sunday’s game was a knee injury to wide receiver Tyler Lockett. The second-year speedster left in the second quarter but returned in the fourth, later hauling in a 53-yard pass on the Seahawks’ final offensive drive. Lockett caught all four of his targets and led the team with 99 receiving yards. Carroll said Lockett’s injury was a sprained knee and he was encouraged by how Lockett played through it.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/09/18 ... -loss-rams

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Rawls left the game and didnt come back because he got a bruise.

That better be the worst bruise ever.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
What about Baldwin, any news there? And a deep contusion can be pretty serious.

McGruff

Reaction score
Yeah I want to hear about Dougie. That was a hard hit, and he was never the same after it.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
McGruff":zg38teya said:
Yeah I want to hear about Dougie. That was a hard hit, and he was never the same after it.
I heard on ESPN sports radio station while on the way to the grocery store today that Baldwin has some knee injury that he is going to get looked at(MRI?). When I heard it, I was shocked. I did not know Doug got hurt in the game because I had no way to watch the entire game. I only have Redzone and see highlights.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":wvmucdal said:

He honestly looks a step or two slower right now. I'm sure the leg contusion was legit, but I wonder if his ankle isn't fully recovered yet or if he's not quite in game shape yet.

Granted the OL could have blocked a hell of a lot better for him too

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2n8eo2y8 said:
XxXdragonXxX":2n8eo2y8 said:

He honestly looks a step or two slower right now. I'm sure the leg contusion was legit, but I wonder if his ankle isn't fully recovered yet or if he's not quite in game shape yet.

This is pretty important. Hard to run fast when you have a 300 pound DT on your back as soon as you get the ball. He had no chance yesterday.

Seymour

Reaction score
Agree. Pretty hard to tell Rawls condition with 7 carries -7 yards. They were nearly taking the handoffs from him. Hopefully Cable "the genius" teaches them who blocks who this week.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Seymour":1ogc3r0r said:
Agree. Pretty hard to tell Rawls condition with 7 carries -7 yards. They were nearly taking the handoffs from him. Hopefully Cable "the genius" teaches them who blocks who this week.
Yes, but Micheal playing behind the same line had 6 yards per carry. Rawls had no burst, he was slow, and sluggish. He didn't have the strength, nor did he have the acceleration to get away from defenders.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1njd6els said:
XxXdragonXxX":1njd6els said:

Hard to tell with Rawls. He hasn't played enough for me to get a read on his health.

What I do see is him pressing and not letting the holes open up. He's just trying to go all beast mode from the first snap running right into the line.

Maybe there are no holes, but yeah it's hard to tell where he's at when he hasn't had a chance to run for more than two yards without getting blasted or thrown for a loss.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":86c9n0w5 said:
Hasselbeck":86c9n0w5 said:
XxXdragonXxX":86c9n0w5 said:

Hard to tell with Rawls. He hasn't played enough for me to get a read on his health.

What I do see is him pressing and not letting the holes open up. He's just trying to go all beast mode from the first snap running right into the line.

Maybe there are no holes, but yeah it's hard to tell where he's at when he hasn't had a chance to run for more than two yards without getting blasted or thrown for a loss.

I'm in this camp. He had 2 guys with 4 arms on him immediately in this game. I think he is a bit anxious and trying to force things right now and maybe even a bit worried about his starting position. Remember, Rawls was an unknown until the end of last season. He had a greart run, but without a full season of work under his belt, he is at risk. By game 5 we should have a pretty good idea of not only our chances as team offensively, but whether our running game can be what it has been in years past.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
So.....No news on Baldwin? Or was ESPN radio wrong?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":32izawe2 said:

Was it the same leg of his ankle injury? If so he's probably being very careful about it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3joy6mp8 said:
So.....No news on Baldwin? Or was ESPN radio wrong?

Condotta just reported that everything came back negative. Good news, not sure what that means for his health or how badly he's banged up.

Doug's a tough ass SOB, so him missing plays means something to me.

Hawks46

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":29wuec1z said:

You ever get hit in the shine really, REALLY hard ?

It feels like you seriously broke your leg. Some people can't even walk for a day or so after it. Yet, it's only a bruise.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1kweaxe1 said:
XxXdragonXxX":1kweaxe1 said:

Greg Williams and Jeff Fisher's answer to the LOB, except the LOB's hits were clean and legal.
Ass-ron Donald's helmet to helmet on RW was nothing of the kind, but the Ref's decided to let it slide.
If that is allowed to continue, I would take the gloves off when playing the Rams from here on out.

Jville

Reaction score
I'm much more concerned about the health of this forum. Far too many hobbling around on (blame) crutches.

nwgamer

Reaction score
As per Baldwin:

"Baldwin texted Josina Anderson to say “I’m good” after having the test on his knee. Coach Pete Carroll said, via Curtis Crabtree of PFT and 950 KJR, Baldwin “seems to feel OK” during his media session on Monday."

This is reported on PFT by Josh Alper

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Jville":6oib9o9j said:
I'm much more concerned about the health of this forum. Far too many hobbling around on (blame) crutches.
Your right, no improvrment needed. Everything working just fine. I think I'll start a thread about changing the uniform to a lighter shade of blue, maybe merge .net with the Martha Stewart forum.

Our offense looks like hot trash. Can't get the run going. Can't get first downs. Can't throw the ball long or short and march up the field. Can't get the ball in the endzone. In 60 minutes of play we only came out with 1 field goal.

This is a football forum isn't it? should we just lie to ourselves or accept that this is the offense so season ticket prices get more affordable and available again?

There is a cause and effect associated with every problem. This forum exists to discuss what these issues might be. If you don't care, why do you even come here?

Jville

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1pjuw15x said:
Jville":1pjuw15x said:
Your right, no improvrment needed. Everything working just fine. I think I'll start a thread about changing the uniform to a lighter shade of blue, maybe merge .net with the Martha Stewart forum.

Our offense looks like hot trash. Can't get the run going. Can't get first downs. Can't throw the ball long or short and march up the field. Can't get the ball in the endzone. In 60 minutes of play we only came out with 1 field goal.

This is a football forum isn't it? should we just lie to ourselves or accept that this is the offense so season ticket prices get more affordable and available again?

There is a cause and effect associated with every problem. This forum exists to discuss what these issues might be. If you don't care, why do you even come here?

See ...... such unhealthy hysteria. The health of this forum is a legitimate concern.