Some thoughts that will make you feel better...

fenderbender123

Reaction score
1) The Rams always play us tougher than any other team in the NFL. Not only does their defense constantly man-handle us, but their offense seems to ALWAYS play better than it usually does against us...even when guys like an aging Kellen Clemons are starting for them. They are able to constantly find soft spots in our zone to pick up first downs, grind the clock, and even score a couple times. Why? I don't know. But they do.

2) Our QB is playing through an injury. A lot of our offense relies on Russ being able to scramble. For the first time in pretty much his entire life, Russ's mobility was limited. His injury is either going to heal soon, or he's going to adjust to being a less mobile QB, and get better at it. It's been 1 week.

3) We were playing on the road. Did everyone forget how tough it is to win on the road in this league? In 2013, we had to get lucky to beat the Rams on the road. I think we were all okay with how that season turned out.

4) It's early in the season. Our team peaks in the middle/end of season every year under Pete. When we're rockin' and rollin' later in the season, you'll feel a lot better.

5) Everyone else in our division has 1 loss.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Good post Fender and I'm sure they will be fine and figure it out, they always follow this pattern. I'm still pissed though lol.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm more frustrated by the injuries and continued mental lapses on both sides of the ball with the continued problem with stupid penalties and mistakes.

This team is too veteran and too talented to have this many blown coverages, miscommunications and dumb penalties.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Pretty sure the offense at the end of last season would have been fine with Russ being on one leg. I don't think his injury is the problem.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Honestly, Im not surprised at all. Your right, the Rams have our number. Plus the FIRST game ever back in LA? You know the NFL wanted the Rams to win that game, hence some questionable calls.

Not surprising. But sad though. This teams Super Bowl window is now. And lets be honest, we NEED HFA through out to make that happen. This is going to hurt at the end of the year.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
HawkGA":3iwt4rp0 said:
Pretty sure the offense at the end of last season would have been fine with Russ being on one leg. I don't think his injury is the problem.

He's playing through a high ankle sprain. The play that he tried to stiff arm ogletree is telling. That wasn't the Russ we know out there. Normal russ, runs right passed Ogletree for the first down on that play. But he didn't have it and tried to stiff arm him.

You cannot dismiss that injury. The oline and lack of running game doesn't help either.

Seymour

Reaction score
Does Russells hurt ankle make Rawls go 7 carries for -7 yards?

Look to the Dolphins game if you believe this was all about the Rams having our number.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1azdesam said:
Does Russells hurt ankle make Rawls go 7 carries for -7 yards?.

Sure, it's all related.

If you were Greg Williams, you pack the box and stop Rawls and the run game because you know Russell's not a threat to escape the pocket and make plays downfield like he's normally capable of.

Which the Rams do anyway against us, it was just more obvious yesterday.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
6) Our Defense is only giving up 9.5 points a game so far.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
DynoHawk":1dsmqxsm said:
6) Our Defense is only giving up 9.5 points a game so far.

Check this out;

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/777891831069552640[/tweet]

Seymour

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":178dirp4 said:
Seymour":178dirp4 said:
Does Russells hurt ankle make Rawls go 7 carries for -7 yards?

Look to the Dolphins game if you believe this was all about the Rams having our number.

Seattle actually moved the ball reasonably well against the Dolphins.

If you consider them a top defense possibly. But they are not, and the Patriots showed otherwise. They too have oline problems, yet Blount rushed for 123 against them, and backup Jimmy G put up 18/27 234 3 touchdown prior to injury. This is a backup QB and not even an NFL starter!!

HawkGA

Reaction score
gowazzu02":xyeyuidq said:
HawkGA":xyeyuidq said:

He's playing through a high ankle sprain. The play that he tried to stiff arm ogletree is telling. That wasn't the Russ we know out there. Normal russ, runs right passed Ogletree for the first down on that play. But he didn't have it and tried to stiff arm him.

You cannot dismiss that injury. The oline and lack of running game doesn't help either.

I'm not dismissing the injury so much as blaming the playcalling. Russ did just fine in the pocket at the end of the season. I'm thinking it is the spread and empty gameplan that is missing.

StoneCold

Reaction score
What pains me the most about this loss is Michael's fumble. I feel for him because he was running well and on that play fighting for the first down yardage, both hands on the ball and just got hit in a way that the ball came out. It happens, but people will tag him as butterfingers. I remember some RB named Lynch fumbling a few times in his career also.

Erebus

Reaction score
Also, losing to the Rams in 2014 did not prevent us from getting HFA.

Honest question for you all. If knowing that our loss to the Rams probably ensures Fisher's job security, is it worth it to lose one game a year to them just to keep the Rams mediocre and not a threat to win the division?

johnnyfever

Reaction score
StoneCold":7chohk44 said:
What pains me the most about this loss is Michael's fumble. I feel for him because he was running well and on that play fighting for the first down yardage, both hands on the ball and just got hit in a way that the ball came out. It happens, but people will tag him as butterfingers. I remember some RB named Lynch fumbling a few times in his career also.

I'm indifferent with Micheals and think if Rawls ends up healthy Chris will sign with another team for a bigger contract next year, but the dude showed heart out there yesterday. On a day where NOTHING else was working, he was making plays and getting much needed yardage. On his fumble play, he was just giving it 120% and got the ball knocked out trying to gain a bit more yardage. Was it a mistake? of course, but I don't pin this loss on that fumble whatsoever. If you take Micheals out of this game, we do even worse. Let that sink in, worse.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":12qrtz4l said:

CM's the MVP on offense so far this season

OkieHawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":20tifw41 said:
...On a day where NOTHING else was working, he was making plays and getting much needed yardage. On his fumble play, he was just giving it 120% and got the ball knocked out trying to gain a bit more yardage. Was it a mistake? of course, but I don't pin this loss on that fumble whatsoever. If you take Micheals out of this game, we do even worse. Let that sink in, worse.

As a rabid C-Mike detractor, I agree with this. If he can keep up this type of play I'll be happy.