Refresh my memory-Cable as OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I seem to remember reading several articles last year that the coaching staff came together and that Cable was the primary architect of our more spread out shorter passing scheme that got us back on track the second half of the season. He is not only the OL coach, but also the asst head coach, so this would make sense when our offensive gameplanning and strategy was shitttttting the bed.

I don't blame Cable for our OL woes necessarily. We have chosen to invest in playmakers and defense, and the cap is only so big. Something has to give, and UDFA's, and rookies can only go so far in keeping cap space. At least this year they have actual offensive linemen instead of defensive guys they are trying to train from scratch. Sowell needs to go though, that guy has absolutely no upside.

Back to the point.

If I am remembering correctly, hopefully they have the same coaching pow wow earlier this year, like now. It's not like you have to re invent the wheel or get real exotic, just look at tape of the last half of our season last year, and what other teams with trash OL's are doing around the league, and there are a lot of them.

We saw what having to travel all through the playoffs and an extra wildcard game does to our superbowl chances. We need to correct these coaching issues MUCH sooner this year. And let's be totally frank, our issues are coaching issues primarily.

Is our OL good...no, but there are ways to mask this, and the offensive coaching staff on it's own has shown itself to be incapable of developing a solution in multiple years.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I would not be surprised to see the same "meeting of the coaching minds" as last year a bit earlier this year. If we look like this next week, it should force introspection.

Status
Not open for further replies.