another disaster in the making, the seahawks running backs

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
with rawls not back to 100% our guy is the human fumble machine, C-mike. Brutal.
Procise, hurt. this guy is fragile if he is this hurt from practice and 1 preseason game.
Collins? I'm not seeing any talent worth noting so far. we need a bigger back but this guy is SO Slow.

Our game plan is predicated on being able to run the ball and we have Cmike and a bunch of injured backs. Christ.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I completely disagree. I think Michael played very well and has been playing hard. He was fighting for yardage on the fumble, it happens but he was a best player on offense yesterday. It will work it self out.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
That was such a discouraging fumble. If we pick up that 4th and 2 ... and we had some good momentum going ... I like our chances of scoring the game-winning TD as we'd be in 4-down territory the rest of the day.

OP
OP
Chukarhawk

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
C mike is a fumbler, Always has been and it cost us a chance at a comeback in a game where were were unable to force any turnovers. Cmike is NOT an every down back for just that reason.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
The thing with Collins that surprises me is he has the build and size to bowl guys, but it does not translate. Physically he keeps his base too narrow so if he gets any side hits he goes down way too easy. I think his getting stopped running north and south is a mental issue. He doesn't seem to be able to grind like beast.

McGruff

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":19vmaspe said:
C mike is a fumbler, Always has been and it cost us a chance at a comeback in a game where were were unable to force any turnovers. Cmike is NOT an every down back for just that reason.

Marshawn Lynch average one fumble per 90 touches. 26 fumbles total.

Michael has 2 career fumbles in 140 touches. He only had one career fumble going into this game.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well we had a guy named Pope....but we didn't need him because we had too many RBs.

You know, with the 2 guys that never contribute but carry all the luggage keeping those extra roster spots.

Good thing our returner never gets hurt or we might have ended up seeing Sherman returning back there.

Now you know why I was pissed about that release. We acted like it was a luxury to keep him when it was a necessity we just ignored. Rawls was probably not 100% and if he got injured, Fishnet Collins isn't going to help.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
C-Mike will be okay, he took his second protect the ball hand off at just the wrong moment, replay showed the Rams 'D' attacking the ball at just the right time.
My only angst, is will we be seeing him carrying the ball with both hands from now on?, if so, he will be leaving a lot of yards out there on the gridiron.
I hate to say it, but I'm thinking that we should have kept Pope, as I haven't seen where Collins is doing squat, but, Pete & Co. most assuredly know something than I don't.

2_0_6

Reaction score
C-Mike is not our ideal 3rd down back.

Procise is the guy, but obviously was out yesterday

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
austinslater25":2inil7p0 said:
I completely disagree. I think Michael played very well and has been playing hard. He was fighting for yardage on the fumble, it happens but he was a best player on offense yesterday. It will work it self out.

Quoted for truth. Not worried, also not mad at Michael.

It was unfortunate, thankful we have the guy considering Rawls will be out a few weeks at minimum, with his contusion. Also why is nobody talking about the Rawls injury? Lets be thankful it wasn't a re-aggravation to his ankle.

Overall I think Michael has played well considering our run-blocking is probably worse than it was last year.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Cmike doesn't have a fumbling issue. Like someone mentioned earlier, look at Lynch's career fumbles. There was a lot. You can't blame Michael for having the ball stripped when he was fighting like a dog to pick up the yardage for that first down.

kobebryant

Reaction score
That was the first lost fumble of Michael's career, and it was well forced by the Rams and not sloppy on Michael's part.

I thought he was the Hawks best offensive player yesterday.

razor150

Reaction score
at this point I am pretty sure if Michael ran for 2000 yards this season and was Super Bowl MVP people in this forum would still hate him.

RussB

Reaction score
I know a guy
marshawn-lynch.jpg

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I thought CMike made valiant effort running for a first down, but was slammed by the defender. My only concern was that he didn't wrap up the ball with both hands. Looked like he tried, but only when he was being hit. With how the Rams were hitting, and hitting hard, I would think your priority is to hang on to the ball. A first down and a fumble loss doesn't help us.

kev007

Reaction score
Hi 12's

Just checked Beast Mode's stats and he played 82 games as a Seahawk (77 as a starter) he had 1457 rushes and 158 receptions and 19 fumbles.

Kev

DavidSeven

Reaction score
We don't have game-changing talent at running back.

We have the cheapest and arguably the least talented offensive line in the NFL.

I'm sorry, but this is not a recipe for an effective run game. And it is dragging down the entire offense.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Michael traditionally wears gloves. He was not wearing gloves on that play (curiously), fumbled.

Aside from that, I thought he did pretty well, based on what was given. Rams were constantly beating our guys up front. Felt like a battle just to get back to the line. Seems like an indictment on the o-line more than backs. They are talented guys (not Collins)

HawkGA

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1khm72go said:
Lynch fumbled occasionally, too.

Sure, but when Lynch fumbles the defense was so scared of him they picked the ball up and handed it back to him.