Warning-conspiracy theory alert-JG

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Just a thought while reading another post-

Do you think possibly they are getting Jimmy out on the field just enough to show he is healthy, but purposely not putting him in harms way to possibly look for a trade later? Maybe OL? I have no info to back this up other than the lack of targets.

Of course the more sane response is that they are just taking it slow bringing him back as far as targets to let him continue to heal and using him solely as a decoy unless he is wide open.

But sanity is no fun after starting like we have.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
No.

Because this is not the first time our OC has overlooked obvious weapons because of whatever weird thing he thinks nobody would expect. Remember in the SB we passed toward our 5th best scoring option (if that) in the EZ.

This is not new behavior. Go ask Vikings fans how they felt about him when he left, and guys they could not understand he would refuse to use correctly. Hell, go ask Favre.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
No.

But at least Twisted Husky managed to Twist this into another Bevell thread.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
We were targeting quite a bit more before his injury last year with success though. We still have those plays in the book, so it seems we are protecting him still. The question is the motivation behind protecting him.

You are correct that bevell has a hard time utilizing weapons to the best of their ability, but he has had time scheming with JG, and had shown progress. We have TE primary target receiving playcalls as we have seen them quite a bit on 3rd downs to Willson. We have even had success with Willson on the plays quite a bit in spite of Willsons slowness and sometimes drops.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3umlyvjt said:
No.

But at least Twisted Husky managed to Twist this into another Bevell thread.
Haha yeah. Obsessed comes to mind. Over/under on Pete breaking into a smirk while reading those posts? 2.4 seconds?

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Of course this is a conspiracy...and I blame Rockhawk & Anguish! Why you ask? Simple, we do not have enough 'let's bash Bevell' threads going on here.

The more posts the more they can charge their many commercial sponsors. So Rock & Anguish used their power over 'Hawks management to try and screw up our offense. (It's no secret they have incriminating photos of.....)

:327321_Spy_23.22:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I do think Russell, Bevell and Graham were starting to gel before he got hurt last year.

He still doesn't seem 100%, so yeah I'm sure Pete is being extra cautious and not giving him too many snaps right now.

Unfortunately with Baldwin and Lockett being injured Graham may have to press and push himself these next couple weeks. We don't really have a choice.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Maybe, but if you can stir up enough hatred against someone, especially if you can pin the blame on them wherever possible - people eventually start believing.

He is already the scapegoat. Not really a big jump from there to hated outcast.

People are not, for the most part, rational creatures. They are emotional. If you can connect their unpleasant emotions to one person, eventually it sticks. If you can lump it onto one person's back and assure them that removing that person is the key to happier days?

Eventually, people are going to buy into that message.

I don't mind chipping away at the sentiment in order to help that along. Bevell deserves it.

And I find it funny someone would feel that the topic of not using your star TE enough would potentially be for some convoluted reason instead of the well-documented ineffectiveness of the OC who makes those decisions.

In what universe, is it out of bounds to call out those that fail to make the decision when it is their decision to make? Are you saying it is not relevant when part of the thread is trying to explore why that decision is not being made?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1ef0umzr said:
Maybe, but if you can stir up enough hatred against someone, especially if you can pin the blame on them wherever possible - people eventually start believing.

He is already the scapegoat. Not really a big jump from there to hated outcast.

People are not, for the most part, rational creatures. They are emotional. If you can connect their unpleasant emotions to one person, eventually it sticks. If you can lump it onto one person's back and assure them that removing that person is the key to happier days?

Eventually, people are going to buy into that message.

I don't mind chipping away at the sentiment in order to help that along. Bevell deserves it.

And I find it funny someone would feel that the topic of not using your star TE enough would potentially be for some convoluted reason instead of the well-documented ineffectiveness of the OC who makes those decisions.

In what universe, is it out of bounds to call out those that fail to make the decision when it is their decision to make? Are you saying it is not relevant when part of the thread is trying to explore why that decision is not being made?
So now you're a hater. Never would've guessed that.

HawkGA

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1cbgx5gw said:
Of course this is a conspiracy...and I blame Rockhawk & Anguish!

I hear Anguish is just the "arm candy" of the ownership team.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
HawkGA":3obeyush said:
LymonHawk":3obeyush said:

Holy crap-off subject but your post count is INSANE. Roughly 37 posts a day every day for 7.5 years. Are you an android?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1kknshdc said:
HawkGA":1kknshdc said:
LymonHawk":1kknshdc said:

Holy crap-off subject but your post count is INSANE. Roughly 37 posts a day every day for 7.5 years. Are you an android?

And he still can't be arsed to make a profile pic.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":h7zw3sa3 said:
johnnyfever":h7zw3sa3 said:
HawkGA":h7zw3sa3 said:
LymonHawk":h7zw3sa3 said:

And he still can't be arsed to make a profile pic.

Too busy posting!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Jimmy isn't in the mix because he's a TE and our Oline is bad.

If you think that an NFL franchise has time to strategize 'trade bait' tactics to the detriment of using all their weapons to win games, you're fooling yourself, and you should probably join Darrel Bevell in the unemployment line (because he should be fired - no offense to you and obviously I am just joking and I wish you nothing but gainful employment. But not joking about the Bevell part)

Ozzy

Reaction score
They need to feed him even more going forward caught every contested ball thrown at him. I expect his usage to go up quickly.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
They should just split him out wide and use him to catch passes and bring in another TE or Tukuafu to be the 6th O-lineman we need. he's a bad blocker. Like, We knew that, but i don't think we knew how bad. He's a receiver. You're kinda paying him as one already. When his time is up let him walk and compensating him as a receiver can be someoen else's problem

dogorama

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1ell570m said:

Do you think possibly they are getting Jimmy out on the field just enough to show he is healthy, but purposely not putting him in harms way to possibly look for a trade later? Maybe OL? I have no info to back this up other than the lack of targets.

Of course the more sane response is that they are just taking it slow bringing him back as far as targets to let him continue to heal and using him solely as a decoy unless he is wide open.

The only way Graham has any trade value is if he gets really hot for several consecutive games and at that point we wouldn't want to trade him.

Having said that, I thought it was a somewhat imaginative conspiracy theory. :lol:

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
dogorama":3jv0c0fx said:
johnnyfever":3jv0c0fx said:

The only way Graham has any trade value is if he gets really hot for several consecutive games and at that point we wouldn't want to trade him.

Having said that, I thought it was a somewhat imaginative conspiracy theory. :lol:

A player like graham always has trade value. He has a very impressive resume and consistency rare in this league. I'm not saying they are looking to or are going to trade him, but he would be coveted by many teams. If we are looking at bringing in some known commodities for the OL, we need to have the cap room to pay them.

Again, total conjecture, but how many of us saw the trade with Jimmy and Unger coming? The front office works in mysterious ways.

We traded a solid center AND 1st round pick FOR him, so he has value. How much after the injury is the question.

dogorama

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3bckmscw said:
A player like graham always has trade value.

Sorry, but nope, at this point he has very little, if no, trade value. He is coming off of what is the most difficult sport's injury there is to recover from. Until he proves that he is durable enough to play AND is consistently productive, no one is going to take a chance w/him.

This isn't the league of quality resumes, it's the league of what have you done for me lately, and what he's done lately is be hurt.