One thing is very clear

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This team needs to quit letting OL walk thinking they can easily replace them.

Stop. Now. Cable is lying to you. Or delusional.

No more guys that cannot play OL yet but "we think they can learn", by the time they do learn we lose them. Get guys that can play and draft them in reasonable draft slots. Or sign guys that got arrested and dropped, if they want to kill people on their personal time just make sure they can play OL. No more winging it with 7th round castoffs.

I don't care if they are bad people, they just need to be good blockers.

No more letting good OL guys go or trading them away because you think we can get someone else cheaper. We can't.

So far we have lost:

Okung.

Carpenter.

Unger.

Breno.

Sweezy.

I get you cannot keep everyone. But not keeping anyone isn't working. I get some of these were trades some were walks.

But it does not matter. What matters is those guys above would have contributed more to winning than 2 shiny receivers (Harvin & Graham) that do not.

For a team that seems to understand the value of having a great otherworldly QB, we seem to place no value in keeping him upright, or blocking for the RBs we hope will work out for us.

And the health argument is crap. Signing a guy who stays healthy but who you hope gets injured because he is so bad when he is in there is not helping us.

also, our LS keeps screwing up too. WTH

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Cable doesn't seem to be as good as everyone seems to think, fwiw.

Why did we trade Unger again? Ohhhh right that guy that plays TE, whats his name?

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3rzg35f5 said:

No more guys that cannot play OL yet but "we think they can learn", by the time they do learn we lose them. Get guys that can play and draft them in reasonable draft slots. Or sign guys that got arrested and dropped, if they want to kill people on their personal time just make sure they can play OL. No more winging it with 7th round castoffs.

No more letting good OL guys go or trading them away because you think we can get someone else cheaper. We can't.

So far we have lost:

Okung.

Carpenter.

Unger.

Breno.

Sweezy.

I get you cannot keep everyone. But not keeping anyone isn't working. I get some of these were trades some were walks.

But it does not matter. What matters is those guys above would have contributed more to winning than 2 shiny receivers (Harvin & Graham) that do not.

For a team that seems to understand the value of having a great otherworldly QB, we seem to place no value in keeping him upright, or blocking for the RBs we hope will work out for us.

And the health argument is crap. Signing a guy who stays healthy but who you hope gets injured because he is so bad when he is in there is not helping us.

You do realize that is basically a $30m/yr OL you listed above. Please discuss the $30m in contracts you would like to cut to retain those guys.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Ifedi looks to be a good pick We'll see during the season, but he's solid.

Britt has been very good at Center.

Gilliam seems to be regressing. He's not at the level he was last year. I wonder if all those reps at LT affected him a bit ?

Sowell was a gamble.

Glowinski is basically a rookie.

The one thing that's very clear is that all the sunshine and kittens the coaching staff was handing out about the OL should've been taken with a bit grain of salt. You have 4 players playing at new positions. Well, 3 if you count Sowell from 2 years ago, but he's in a new system.

Webb is also in a new system and had all his reps at Tackle and not Guard this preseason.

This was going to take time to gel. I'm surprised they're not worse in pass pro, but better in run blocking. We also just faced the best DL we'll see this year, with the Jets coming up being a close 2nd.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":27fr4fao said:

So far we have lost:

Okung.

Carpenter.

Unger.

Breno.

Sweezy.

:2thumbs: Post of the day!!!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2is0vxmw said:

So far we have lost:

Okung.

Carpenter.

Unger.

Breno.

Sweezy.

For a team that seems to understand the value of having a great otherworldly QB, we seem to place no value in keeping him upright, or blocking for the RBs we hope will work out for us........
I said the same basic thing on another thread. Hindsight being 20/20 for sure, but it's blatantly obvious that the Graham and Harvin trades and subsequent salary cap hits are biting the team in the ass and badly. The hope I have is that Pete and John have learned their lesson and invest next year in o-line since the Graham and Harvin contracts will no longer be on the books.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I just wish i could find somewhere on this site to get the pulse of opinions on the offensive line and Darrell Bevell. I guess i'll have to try the search function.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1a1r1vvv said:
I just wish i could find somewhere on this site to get the pulse of opinions on the offensive line and Darrell Bevell. I guess i'll have to try the search function.

It's on the top left, remember, bevell has 2 "L"s.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There is a difference between complaining about the offensive line and acknowledging that a lot of the holes in the offensive line were caused by removing players that were just fine where they were.

IN fact, there was a lot of 'Good riddance' when Okung left by people who had no idea what they were talking about. Or by people that could not process that missing 2 games but playing well in the others > some guy that plays poorly in every game.

This is not a thread about how we didn't fix the offensive line. It is about how we caused the problem in the first place since effective players were in many instances already in place. Keeping Breno, Okung and Unger would have been a much better decision than getting Graham as a for instance.

StoneCold

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1rdh5f49 said:
TwistedHusky":1rdh5f49 said:

So far we have lost:

Okung.

Carpenter.

Unger.

Breno.

Sweezy.

You do realize that is basically a $30m/yr OL you listed above. Please discuss the $30m in contracts you would like to cut to retain those guys.

Twisted needs to come up with a response to this. Who you cutting?

It's fairly obvious the plan is to have a kick ass Defense and a good enough Offense. It has worked out pretty good for them so far. The only question is whether they can get this years offense to "Good Enough".

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":21psvlke said:
Seahwkgal":21psvlke said:
Hawk_Nation":21psvlke said:
Another chicken little thread.

Awesome.
Uh...actually, No. TRUTH.

After 6 threads stating the same stuff, actually yes.
About Bevell or the OLine issues? Two different topics. I haven't said a damn thing about Bevell, for the record. :141847_bnono:

2_0_6

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":23ecke0u said:
Hawk_Nation":23ecke0u said:
Seahwkgal":23ecke0u said:
Hawk_Nation":23ecke0u said:
Another chicken little thread.

Awesome.
Uh...actually, No. TRUTH.

After 6 threads stating the same stuff, actually yes.
About Bevell or the OLine issues? Two different topics. I haven't said a damn thing about Bevell, for the record. :141847_bnono:

No need to shake your little nubby finger at me. Did I single you out? Nope, I was responding to you quoting me.

:mrgreen:

There are numerous threads about people complaining about Bevell and the Oline. Its deserved no doubt, but there is no need to have several different threads on the same exact topic.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Its always easier to build a great team overall when money isn't an issue. But since the Cap is in effect, what player on defense should go by the wayside to get a stud O-lineman?

Kam?
Earl?
Sherm?
Bobby?
KJ?
Bennett?

Cant always have your cake and eat it too.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Kearse, Webb and Cary Williams' dead money probably pays for Okung and then some.

The team made its priorities and are dealing with it. But let's not pretend that the elite guys are the only ones they've spent money on. Huge cap consequences on the Graham and Harvin deals as well.