What I would do ... (next year, this year it's too late)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
I know I know nothing, but this is a discussion forum and I'd like to express my humble opinion:
I'd cut/trade/whatever Jimmy Graham, draft a couple OLinemen in high rounds and get a couple of good/decent OLinemen from FA or from trades.

We don't have to stop paying the defense, we have a luxury in the offense (JG) that we can't afford ...

Sign37now

Reaction score
That is assuming Wilson survives the season... He is a crash test dummy out there right now behind this line.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Joyodongo":52ncknht said:
I know I know nothing, but this is a discussion forum and I'd like to express my humble opinion:
I'd cut/trade/whatever Jimmy Graham, draft a couple OLinemen in high rounds and get a couple of good/decent OLinemen from FA or from trades.

We don't have to stop paying the defense, we have a luxury in the offense (JG) that we can't afford ...

Good idea. Too simplistic.

I'd cut/trade/whatever Jimmy Graham

Ok. Easily enough done. Graham is extremely talented. But here he's not worth 10m (his 2017 cap hit). Graham is not producing the equal value of two 5m/year OL vets. And as crazy as it sounds, we'll need some of that cap space to resign Britt who is looking like he's worth retaining.

draft a couple OLinemen in high rounds

You don't get to 'Lineman Fairy' your argument here. Names. Who? There isn't an OT vending machine where you can just burn a high round pick and get results.

get a couple of good/decent OLinemen from FA or from trades

Same thing. Names. Who is likely to be available (the list sucks right now).

Without names, this argument is not dissimilar to a petulant child's whining they aren't getting a toy at the store. The opinion has merit. Without any consideration for what that course of action really is going to result in -- then the conversation dies before it starts.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is one game, the problem is the trend.

We very well could have lost the Miami game for the same reason we lost the LA game.

But the issues were staring at us all through the preseason.

So the OL is ineffective, seemingly in both run and pass blocking. But it is also the cheapest OL out there.

Cannot really blame our OL coach on that one, kind of like asking him to make the side dish for the dinner but allowing everyone else to go to the store for their items and forcing him to root around in the dumpster behind the store to see what he can make for his side.

So now we are faced with the 49ers, a team that half our fan base ridiculed most of last year. A team that looked completely screwed and utterly rudderless. Yet, based on the #s and the eye test so far, they look like they might not just beat us - but beat us handily.

At that point, you can come back from 2 losses, but this was supposed to be the easiest part of the schedule. And we can lean on the "Russ is injured" excuse, but with a broken OL, there is not much room for him to heal and if he does, the every present threat of him getting hurt again.

The schedule gets harder in the back half, and we frankly look much worse than a lot of teams nobody expects to come near the SB.

It really all depends, whether this team can put things to together and somehow beat a team we thought was a sure win - or whether we lose this one and it looks like the doors are falling off.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Joyodongo":13fasiwv said:

Joyo,

We can speculate. It can be good for our football and team minds,

We have weaknesses but we've only had 2 reg season games.

A poster noted Wilson is a crash test dummy. I think he may be one this year and if he is, he stands a chance of further injuries. (I hope not.)

I assume Ifedi is back for the coming game against the niners.

Status
Not open for further replies.