What The 49ers Are Saying About The Seattle Seahawks

dogorama

Reaction score
Funny, this: "(On how the Seahawks offense looks without Marshawn Lynch...) “It’s a lot different. There’s not a 6’1”, 245-pound back in the backfield or whatever he is."

Marshawn Lynch is 5'11" 217 lbs. He just hits you like he's 245 lbs.

:49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

Some other interesting comments too:

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/09/22 ... e-seahawks

Hawknight

Reaction score
dogorama":3gsn52yp said:
Funny, this: "(On how the Seahawks offense looks without Marshawn Lynch...) “It’s a lot different. There’s not a 6’1”, 245-pound back in the backfield or whatever he is."

:49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

Sounds like they have a lot of respect all around for us...too bad..I was hoping they would diss us to light some fires under our players arses.

Torc

Reaction score
Yeah, I pity the player (and team) that would do something like guarantee a win against us. Totally gets the Hawks fired up and unstoppable....... :p

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
Largent80":extvkj06 said:
Yeah, Gurleys supposed "Bulletin Board" material last week did wonders for Seattle.

No, but it worked pretty well when Sherman batted the ball away from Crabtree in the NFCCG where he went on a rant after about the things Crabtree had said in the press.
:stirthepot:

Largent80

Reaction score
The Seahawks need to start playing ball and quit with all the excuses, and that is fact.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
Largent80":43muqdyp said:
The Seahawks need to start playing ball and quit with all the excuses, and that is fact.

The offense needs to grow some balls, the defense will punish you, for all the talk about the offense having attitude this year I am not seeing it. If they beat you for a sack, beat the shit out of them!

What's the worst that can happen?

Largent80

Reaction score
dogorama":3qukshz3 said:
Largent80":3qukshz3 said:

The offense needs to grow some balls, the defense will punish you, for all the talk about the offense having attitude this year I am not seeing it. If they beat you for a sack, beat the shit out of them!

The defense is one of 3 teams that doesn't have a turnover, hardly punishing.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Hawknight":dhe2seq7 said:
dogorama":dhe2seq7 said:

Sounds like they have a lot of respect all around for us...too bad..I was hoping they would diss us to light some fires under our players arses.

Like Gurley did last week ?

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
Largent80":2tc8ufyo said:
dogorama":2tc8ufyo said:
Largent80":2tc8ufyo said:

I get criticizing the offense, but criticizing the defense? Kinda makes you wonder doesn't it?

Teams are averaging around 250 yds a game. Yes, that is a "punishing" defense, any way you look at it.

JoeBart324

Reaction score
dogorama":ty108nol said:
Largent80":ty108nol said:
dogorama":ty108nol said:
Largent80":ty108nol said:

I get criticizing the offense, but criticizing the defense? Kinda makes you wonder doesn't it?

Teams are averaging around 250 yds a game. Yes, that is a "punishing" defense, any way you look at it.

Niners fan here. Maybe my first post here, can't remember. I don't understand some of the posters here knocking Seattle's defense for not getting turnovers. From all accounts and my observation of their two games, the defense has played absolutely lights out through two games, turnovers notwithstanding. They've largely been on point and handling their assignments. There is very little yards after catch and the run defense has been great for the most part (I'd have to go back to the tape but I don't recall any huge run against Seattle).

The Niners have a very tall order to beat the Seahawks this weekend. There is a talent deficit coupled with a new scheme being installed for the Niners. Quite honestly, if there is any hope for the Niners, it will be the slow start Seattle's offense is off to this year. That seems to be typical for Seattle, and I fully expect the Seahawks to hit their stride in the next 3-4 games as Wilson gets healthier.

My one concern if I were to be a Seahawks fan would perhaps be the offense's over-reliance on the big play. They sometimes seem to struggle grinding down the field outside a two minute drill. With a shaky offensive line and a run game that is not as potent as it once was, it becomes key for Wilson to really control the tempo of the game. Throwing in 1-3 hurry up, two minute esque style drives a game may benefit the Seahawks immensely. Wilson seems to thrive in those situations.

In any case, I think the Hawks will be fine down the stretch and likely competing for a playoff spot so long as the team doesn't completely implode. The defense will be stout throughout the season and the only hiccup may be the offense. As I said though, that should not be much of a problem come week 8 or so.

Best of luck this weekend and I really hope for an exciting, tight, well played game!

irocdave

Reaction score
Nice hat in hand post Joe. Your comments about the Hawks O were very gently worded, and that's understandable as your a niner fan walking in to the Hawks nest. Most of us know the offense is a dumpster fire right now. The O line is the worst in the league and RW is gimped because of it. The rams knocked the stuffing out of Baldwin last Sunday, our O coordinator likes to rely on to "they'll never think were dumb enough to run this play" mentality way to often, our pass rush is MIA and our best chance to score on 1 of the 3 "facets of the game" got jacked up in the Rams game as well. It sucks to be watching a game and thinking " welp, guess the D or Lockett on a kick return needs to score to get back in this" .

That being said, we both know the Rams are to the Hawks what the Hawks are to the niners.

I just hope all the niners walk off the field at the end of the game physically healthy but mentally broken. Like VD ....and Crabs...and Kap.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Sounds like all of the coaches and players are working hard to make the necessary adjustments. I have faith in this, it will be a good game. Those whiner fans are pretty confident. Seems Gabbert may be the second coming of montana, going off of the faith they have that he can put up 30 against this defense. So far I have read how overrated our QB is. How they wish our players would get hurt, and how they wish pc would drop dead of a heart attack. What a great group of people they are. I hope all of you going to the game harass the hell out of them, non violently of course. Oh, and I like the whole cawk su**** name they have given us, really awesome. But, what do you expect from a fan base with the collective iq of a turd pile.

JoeBart324

Reaction score
irocdave":1za4j4qy said:
Nice hat in hand post Joe. Your comments about the Hawks O were very gently worded, and that's understandable as your a niner fan walking in to the Hawks nest. Most of us know the offense is a dumpster fire right now. The O line is the worst in the league and RW is gimped because of it. The rams knocked the stuffing out of Baldwin last Sunday, our O coordinator likes to rely on to "they'll never think were dumb enough to run this play" mentality way to often, our pass rush is MIA and our best chance to score on 1 of the 3 "facets of the game" got jacked up in the Rams game as well. It sucks to be watching a game and thinking " welp, guess the D or Lockett on a kick return needs to score to get back in this" .

That being said, we both know the Rams are to the Hawks what the Hawks are to the niners.

I just hope all the niners walk off the field at the end of the game physically healthy but mentally broken. Like VD ....and Crabs...and Kap.

Haha thanks irocdave! I try to be an impartial fan in all respects, whether that is regarding my team or other teams in the league. So if I ever have anything salty to say about the Hawks, hopefully all of you can understand it comes from a standpoint of someone who really enjoys watching the NFL and trying to assess the dynamic between coaches, players and the overall flow of a game. I'll do my best to not knock the Seahawks for simply being the Seahawks :p

While the Seahawk's o-line may be considered a dumpster fire on this forum, I really do think they'll solidify as the season moves on (left tackle would be my immense concern though). And once Wilson gets his mobility back, the team should be playing at a full clip. However, that kind of coincides with my one fear of what could collapse Wilson's uniqueness. If Wilson loses his mobility, can he truly be a great pocket passer? He does very, very well in a two minute drill from the pocket, but many of his fantastic throws in a "standard" offense seem to stem from his ad-lib type plays. That could be a result of a great many things, from Wilson not "seeing" the play, to a poor play call, to a great defensive call against the play, to a wideout not running his route correctly, to simply ridiculous pressure from the d-line. But it seems to be a trend in the first half of games that Wilson has trouble operating a standard offense (part of me also wonders if this is due to a "perfectionist" streak in Wilson in that he is looking for the play that is called to develop perfectly and is somewhat reluctant to deviate from the designated playcall). Despite the above, Wilson tends to play exceptionally well under pressure which is why I have no qualms saying Seattle will be in the hunt for a playoff berth.

And yes, Hawks, Rams, Niners are like rock, paper, scissors. I may have those in the wrong order but y'all get the idea!

And we all know the Niners generally leave Century Link mentally broken. That is almost a given. What I wouldn't give to keep your team locked in '92! Just kidding really, good teams in the division leads to some fantastic TV! And I think we can all agree that a great product on TV is good for everyone!

JoeBart324

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":1z2gc6kn said:
Sounds like all of the coaches and players are working hard to make the necessary adjustments. I have faith in this, it will be a good game. Those whiner fans are pretty confident. Seems Gabbert may be the second coming of montana, going off of the faith they have that he can put up 30 against this defense. So far I have read how overrated our QB is. How they wish our players would get hurt, and how they wish pc would drop dead of a heart attack. What a great group of people they are. I hope all of you going to the game harass the hell out of them, non violently of course. Oh, and I like the whole cawk su**** name they have given us, really awesome. But, what do you expect from a fan base with the collective iq of a turd pile.

Gabbert isn't the second coming of Montana. Not even close and I think most Niner fans would agree. He is simply a guy who shows really, really solid flashes now and then coupled with some incredibly moronic throws. He is the epitome of inconsistency.

I've also not personally read where anyone wishes a Hawk player to get hurt, or that Wilson is grossly overrated. But it is probably out there. I would never wish injury on another player as the game is their livelihood. They all have families to support and goals they wish to achieve. Wishing injury on a player is disgusting, but what would I know, I'm a heathen Niner fan?

Now, it could be very likely Pete will die of a heart attack from his ferocious gum chewing. That is something that perhaps should be looked at...

I would also like to say I'm not sure most Niner fans think this game is a gimme. In fact, from my experience the only reason they think this game may even be close has been Seattle's struggles on offense. Seattle's defense will likely stuff the Niners and I would predict a very low scoring, defensive game. It has the potential to be a rough one to watch. It also has the potential to be a blowout. My prediction is either a very tight game that could go either way, or a complete blowout with Seattle dominating.

Ozzy

Reaction score
JoeBart324":1k0uu98r said:
irocdave":1k0uu98r said:

Haha thanks irocdave! I try to be an impartial fan in all respects, whether that is regarding my team or other teams in the league. So if I ever have anything salty to say about the Hawks, hopefully all of you can understand it comes from a standpoint of someone who really enjoys watching the NFL and trying to assess the dynamic between coaches, players and the overall flow of a game. I'll do my best to not knock the Seahawks for simply being the Seahawks :p

While the Seahawk's o-line may be considered a dumpster fire on this forum, I really do think they'll solidify as the season moves on (left tackle would be my immense concern though). And once Wilson gets his mobility back, the team should be playing at a full clip. However, that kind of coincides with my one fear of what could collapse Wilson's uniqueness. If Wilson loses his mobility, can he truly be a great pocket passer? He does very, very well in a two minute drill from the pocket, but many of his fantastic throws in a "standard" offense seem to stem from his ad-lib type plays. That could be a result of a great many things, from Wilson not "seeing" the play, to a poor play call, to a great defensive call against the play, to a wideout not running his route correctly, to simply ridiculous pressure from the d-line. But it seems to be a trend in the first half of games that Wilson has trouble operating a standard offense (part of me also wonders if this is due to a "perfectionist" streak in Wilson in that he is looking for the play that is called to develop perfectly and is somewhat reluctant to deviate from the designated playcall). Despite the above, Wilson tends to play exceptionally well under pressure which is why I have no qualms saying Seattle will be in the hunt for a playoff berth.

And yes, Hawks, Rams, Niners are like rock, paper, scissors. I may have those in the wrong order but y'all get the idea!

And we all know the Niners generally leave Century Link mentally broken. That is almost a given. What I wouldn't give to keep your team locked in '92! Just kidding really, good teams in the division leads to some fantastic TV! And I think we can all agree that a great product on TV is good for everyone!

I think Wilson has shown he can be an elite pocket passer with even average protection. We saw it last year and his inside the pocket passing statistics are league best which would surprise some people. But no one is going to be an elite pocket passer of the line is worst in the league level. Film breakdown of Sowell and Webb was almost unbelievable....it was terrible. Hopefully Ifedi coming back will help.