Is our #1 draft pick playing?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I have not heard anything in regards to this,we sure could use him right now.

Largent80

Reaction score
We won't know until Sunday most likely but as Greg said, probably NO. A high ankle sprain for a 300+ pounder is way less tha a 200+ QB. With that being said Russell Wilson is one tough S.O.B.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I don't believe so. No good in pushing it until it is all cleared up for the big fella, get it right then get that career rolling.

RCATES

Reaction score
I hope he doesn't turn into okung 2.0 or who I called "glass ankle's"

If he's not right yet then rest him another week. If he's not back by next week lord help us. Jets have the best front 7 in the league. Add in its a 10am start on the road far east coast travel. Yikes

If we start off 2-2 you can kiss HFA goodbye with the gauntlet of hard road games still left. Another year of what could have been. It may be time to start questioning PC and JS tactics on the O-Line.

Largent80

Reaction score
RCATES":2jmrvv32 said:
I hope he doesn't turn into okung 2.0 or who I called "glass ankle's"

If he's not right yet then rest him another week. If he's not back by next week lord help us. Jets have the best front 7 in the league. Add in its a 10am start on the road far east coast travel. Yikes

If we start off 2-2 you can kiss HFA goodbye with the gauntlet of hard road games still left. Another year of what could have been. It may be time to start questioning PC and JS tactics on the O-Line.

Every week the Hawks play the team with the "best front seven". At some point this isn't true. Ifedi got a high ankle sprain same as RW except he is 325 and not 200 lbs.

2_0_6

Reaction score
As much as we need him and Vanett, I think they rest them until' after the bye.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
kobebryant":17z23smq said:
I don't believe so. No good in pushing it until it is all cleared up for the big fella, get it right then get that career rolling.
+1

This guy Ifedi could be a long term anchor for us at G or T, could be the guy we have finally found that gets paid too.

No need to rush. Webb is a big boy there for the interim with plenty of experience at RG but now in a power-run scheme better suited to his strength.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
RCATES":2trit81l said:

I don't think you've really examined the schedule or standings very well.

Currently, these are the 2-0 teams as of today:

NY Giants
Philadelphia Eagles
Minnesota Vikings.

None of those teams should compete for HFA. So even if we end up 2-2, we're one game back of any possible HFA contender.

I thought we'd be 3-1 heading into the bye. I think that's still realistically achievable. We're pretty much on schedule and the NFC isn't running away with HFA as they did last year with AZ and CAR going 4-0 in September.

The meat of our schedule doesn't hit until mid November. That's when Carroll's team philosophy is at it's best. Get through the early growing pains, so that we're playing our best ball late in the year. Accept the ramp up period of rookies and first year starters so that by mid season they are functioning at a higher level.

If we can survive the first 6 games at 4-2, we have a very real shot at HFA. I actually think this is pretty doable. The Rams game I considered a loss, considering the history and the fanfare of their new city home opener (and their embarrassment on national TV the week before). They came out saltier than us which is nothing new.

It's the Jets, Niners and Falcons that we have to take care of business with. I think those are all good matchups for us. Get those wins and we're in great shape for the stretch run.