Defense at the end of games ?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm happy we won while scoring points on offense and getting Jimmy Graham involved so I don't want this to come off as a neagtive post. However, what's with the defense at the end of games, not one but two td drives for the 49ers before the clock hits 0?

I know I'm probably a spoiled fan but whats with this? Can we just finish the game on D? Does something change? i'm pretty certain the starters were still in?

sutz

Reaction score
Meh, 20 point lead in the 4th, I can live with soft zones. :)

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
The refs would have allowed the niners to use guns and knives if they had chose to. Our guys were getting mauled and tackled non stop so whatevs.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Garbage time, soft zone, refs swallowing whistles, not too concerned.
Wish they would have got a sack though, but the Chipster just wanted his QB to get rid of the ball and dink and dank all day.

Not a good gameplan by Chip "the genius" especially when they didn't adjust when they fell behind.

The Chipster will be back in Oregon in another year or 2, he's not an NFL coach.

dogorama

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2nustb1q said:
Garbage time, soft zone, refs swallowing whistles, not too concerned.
Wish they would have got a sack though, but the Chipster just wanted his QB to get rid of the ball and dink and dank all day.

Not a good gameplan by Chip "the genius" especially when they didn't adjust when they fell behind.

The Chipster will be back in Oregon in another year or 2, he's not an NFL coach.

He doesn't seem to translate well to the NFL well does he? I think you may be right about Oregon, Uncle Phil will give him the keys to the kingdom and a butt-load of serious cash.

Edit: As for the defense at the end of the game, even w/that they only had 258 yds AND we held the ball for 36min to their 24. Pretty impressive, but I wish they wouldn't have given up that TD though, would like to see them have a 5th consecutive points-against record. You play for wins not stats.

Basis4day

Reaction score
They wanted to run the clock. Not saying they played perfect in this regard but it was the goal.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":14pojt2q said:
I guess we gotta find something to nit pick about after a great win like this.

It's an NFL forum board.

Never stop growing and learning, it's applicable to life as well.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2kjvvhgw said:
Well, our most valuable player is hurt even more now thanks to the F.O's ineptitude in spending on new shiny toys(Graham) at the expense of the OLine. Russ will be destroyed way too young if this keeps up.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/780204859395977216[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/780205033367318528[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/780203061637619716[/tweet]

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":22cgsaga said:
FlyHawksFly":22cgsaga said:
Well, our most valuable player is hurt even more now thanks to the F.O's ineptitude in spending on new shiny toys(Graham) at the expense of the OLine. Russ will be destroyed way too young if this keeps up.

Silly comment.

Russell's injury had nothing to do with the O line today. Did you watch the game?

That was all on Wilson. He should have known to get rid of the ball, especially on a bad ankle.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1s1xte9l said:
Seahwkgal":1s1xte9l said:
FlyHawksFly":1s1xte9l said:

Silly comment.

Russell's injury had nothing to do with the O line today. Did you watch the game?

That was all on Wilson. He should have known to get rid of the ball, especially on a bad ankle.
I cannot watch the games because I live in Michigan and am too poor to have Sunday ticket. Plus, husband was watching Longmire and I couldn't even watch Redzone(which we do get) to catch highlights. One of the many things I miss about being single and having the TV to myself. :(

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3mhacfoj said:
FlyingGreg":3mhacfoj said:
Seahwkgal":3mhacfoj said:
FlyHawksFly":3mhacfoj said:

Silly comment.

I cannot watch the games because I live in Michigan and am too poor to have Sunday ticket. Plus, husband was watching Longmire and I couldn't even watch Redzone(which we do get) to catch highlights. One of the many things I miss about being single and having the TV to myself. :(

You can watch all the games online, I can pm you if you would like.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":16ryvrqx said:
FlyingGreg":16ryvrqx said:
Seahwkgal":16ryvrqx said:
FlyHawksFly":16ryvrqx said:

Silly comment.

Understood. So maybe ask us how he got hurt next time instead of assuming? Just an idea.

minormillikin

Reaction score
If the refs had called some of the ridiculous holds by the niners it would have gone differently. But, we had a giant lead and no one believes it was as close as the score anyway.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1gffnez8 said:
Seahwkgal":1gffnez8 said:
FlyingGreg":1gffnez8 said:
Seahwkgal":1gffnez8 said:
Silly comment.

Understood. So maybe ask us how he got hurt next time instead of assuming? Just an idea.
Touche, touche. I just have visions of what I HAVE seen so far this season, so yeah, I assumed it was the line's fault.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Nope, just a dirty horse collar tackle on a zone read run that was adequately blocked.

Stuff happens!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Last year, the defense's inability to close out games early in the season cost us dearly.

Hope this issue isn't resurfacing