I'm Moving Onto Next Week: The Jets

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We did what we were suppose to do this week, wipe the floor with the Niners. Onto the Jets!

I'm a bit worried about next week for a few reasons:

- The classic case of the westcoast team playing a 1PM EST game. If you don't believe in that stuff, just see the Cardinals today.
- The Jets probably have the best defensive front in the league. They're going to give our line fits. They're built similar to the Rams on defense.
- RW's health, lets hope he can play, not to mention move around in the pocket.
- The Jets just got smoked today, they will be ready to bounce-back. This game vs the Jets is similar to how the Rams got blown out in week 1, and then came back strong and beat us. Very rarely do you see NFL teams put up two stinkers in a row. If I had it my way, I wish the Jets blew out the Chiefs today.

Vegas thinks the game is basically a pick'em, I only see one book with a line, and they're showing Seattle as a 1.5 favorite.

hawk45

Reaction score
Any team with a decent DL has a chance against us, teams with excellent DLs terrify me. East coast is the panic inducing cherry on top of a gimpy Russell pie.
After his ankle I wasn't quite there, but I may be at sit-him-and-flush-this-game status.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
From http://nypost.com/2016/09/25/ryan-fitzp ... ts-fiasco/

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Maybe the Jets should follow the Patriots’ lead and go with their third-string quarterback next week.

Bryce Petty or Christian Hackenberg could not play any worse than Ryan Fitzpatrick did Sunday in an ugly 24-3 loss to the Chiefs.

Fitzpatrick threw a career-high six interceptions, which also tied a franchise high, and the Jets turned it over eight times in an unbelievably awful performance.

The quarterback who looked amazing last week in Buffalo looked absolutely horrendous against the Chiefs. Two of his interceptions came in the end zone in the second half, eliminating any hopes of a Jets’ comeback.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Heard the announcers talking up Ifedi a bit today. Wonder if there is any chance he'll be back next week.

Erebus

Reaction score
I hate that the Jets just had a performance this bad. It reminds me too much of the Rams in week one and then they suddenly looked competent against us the next week. I bet Fitzpatrick doesn't throw a single interception next week.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Erebus":2bk7z0l1 said:
I hate that the Jets just had a performance this bad. It reminds me too much of the Rams in week one and then they suddenly looked competent against us the next week. I bet Fitzpatrick doesn't throw a single interception next week.

I completely agree. NFL teams almost always bounce-back from humiliating losses. The two worst losses this year in the NFL belong to the Rams in week 1, and the Jets in week 3. What do they both have in common? The Seahawks play them the following week. Ugh...

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkGA":1haj8qhx said:
Heard the announcers talking up Ifedi a bit today. Wonder if there is any chance he'll be back next week.

They were hoping he'd get a chance to practice this last week but that wasn't the case.

Unfortunately, that seems to signal his first start back after the bye week, but one can hope he gets ready quick and can play this week.

3 of our first 4 matchups will have been against brutal d lines.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":31n3krm6 said:
Erebus":31n3krm6 said:

I completely agree. NFL teams almost always bounce-back from humiliating losses. The two worst losses this year in the NFL belong to the Rams in week 1, and the Jets in week 3. What do they both have in common? The Seahawks play them the following week. Ugh...

The Rams didn't look good to me, a great defensive line against a hobbled RW? Anyone would have looked good. They didn't even score a TD against us.

Just can't come out flat on the road and a 10am west coast start time.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I worry about RW's mobility as it seems to be essential with this offense. That said here is what I see that is different from the Rams game.

- Good chance Ifedi comes back next week. I see this as only an improvement to our O Line.

- Baldwin seems to getting close to being unstoppable. Enough said

- Jimmy Graham seems to really be gaining his confidence back. If Graham, Baldwin and Wilson are truly in sync with each other this could be a very memorable season.

- Still loving our D. Despite the last quarter they looked near perfect for much of the day. They will show up next week and I cannot see ET staying in a funk for to much longer.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2jaat7ae said:
I worry about RW's mobility as it seems to be essential with this offense. That said here is what I see that is different from the Rams game.

- Good chance Ifedi comes back next week. I see this as only an improvement to our O Line.

- Jimmy Graham seems to really be gaining his confidence back. If Graham, Baldwin and Wilson are truly in sync with each other this could be a very memorable season.

- Still loving our D. Despite the last quarter they looked near perfect for much of the day. They will show up next week and I cannot see ET staying in a funk for to much longer.

But another big difference is that the Jets are much better than the Rams.

Sherman vs Marshall will be a terrific matchup. We will need a big game from Lane as Decker lines up in the slot a lot. I'm not too worried about their running game, but Forte as a receiver out of the backfield worries me a bit.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2c4ju915 said:
seahawkfreak":2c4ju915 said:

But another big difference is that the Jets are a much better than the Rams.

Sherman vs Marshall will be a terrific matchup. We will need a big game from Lane as Decker lines up in the slot a lot. I'm not too worried about their running game, but Forte as a receiver out of the backfield worries me a bit.

Im not sure how one definitively declares the Jets as being "much better" than the Rams.

Also, RW was not mobile at all today and we ripped it offensively. Russ is more than capable of being brilliant in the pocket if we put together the right game plan.

The Breh

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2k2emkws said:
We did what we were suppose to do this week, wipe the floor with the Niners. Onto the Jets!

I'm a bit worried about next week for a few reasons:

- The classic case of the westcoast team playing a 1PM EST game. If you don't believe in that stuff, just see the Cardinals today.
- The Jets probably have the best defensive front in the league. They're going to give our line fits. They're built similar to the Rams on defense.
- RW's health, lets hope he can play, not to mention move around in the pocket.
- The Jets just got smoked today, they will be ready to bounce-back. This game vs the Jets is similar to how the Rams got blown out in week 1, and then came back strong and beat us. Very rarely do you see NFL teams put up two stinkers in a row. If I had it my way, I wish the Jets blew out the Chiefs today.

Vegas thinks the game is basically a pick'em, I only see one book with a line, and they're showing Seattle as a 1.5 favorite.
:ditto:
I agree with all of this except the Rams coming back strong.
No TD's and it was in LA with some highly questionable calls against the Hawks.
The agenda was real that game.
But I'll be damned if they let Fitz get anywhere near the type of performance like he had today.

sutz

Reaction score
Right now, I think I would just as soon see Russ sit the whole week and let Boykin practice and play next Sunday. It's a short week, with that extra travel day minimzing practice time.

Let Wilson heal, and just don't worry about this game. It's an East Coast AFC opponent, basically one of the least important games on the schedule, all things considered.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
sutz":3dvy4b73 said:
Right now, I think I would just as soon see Russ sit the whole week and let Boykin practice and play next Sunday. It's a short week, with that extra travel day minimzing practice time.

Let Wilson heal, and just don't worry about this game. It's an East Coast AFC opponent, basically one of the least important games on the schedule, all things considered.
Agreed. But that's not what they will do.

Another scary idea is that RW could be hobbled in both legs the whole season, no matter what they do.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Since I will be there in person to watch the game I just want to apologize in advance.

My away record is not so hot.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1ppcgw4g said:
seahawkfreak":1ppcgw4g said:

But another big difference is that the Jets are much better than the Rams.

Nothing worries me about the Jets except their defensive line and playing on the road with a 10 am west coast time.

Need to win that one. It will be a big booster going into the bye at 3-1.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
With all due respect, you all are giving way too much respect to the Jets.
Fitzpatrick is the king of interceptions. He has a habit of throwing them week in, week out and I do not think he will make an exception for the Seahawks.

He really is a terrible quarterback; this Emporer has no uniform. Just a beard.

kf3339

Reaction score
Aros":2yls42v9 said:
Since I will be there in person to watch the game I just want to apologize in advance.

My away record is not so hot.

^Then for Gods sake, don't go!

HaHa!. Just kidding. Enjoy the game Aros! :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Palmegranite":1txxc2fh said:
Fitzpatrick is the king of interceptions. He has a habit of throwing them week in, week out and I do not think he will make an exception for the Seahawks.

I always felt Fitzpatrick gets a lot of unfair criticism. He is a stop-gap QB. No one has brought Fitz in expecting him to be their "franchise QB." He can win games for teams who don't have a franchise QB. He had a pretty good season last year for the Jets. 31 TD's and 15 INT's. He was top 12 in QBR. Ask any Jet fan, they were extremely happy with his play. His main criticism is he throws picks and has games like he did today. But he is more than capable of lighting it up, just see last weeks game.

The NFL is a weird thing. Last week Fitz lights up the Bills. Then this week the Bills light up the Cardinals and the Jets get lit up. Who knows what to expect. I wouldn't be surprised if Fitz threw for 250+ yards and 3 TD's or 150 yards and 3 INT's against us.

All I'm saying is that I wouldn't "overlook" Fitzpatrick.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":nb3yx6aw said:
Palmegranite":nb3yx6aw said:

I always felt Fitzpatrick gets a lot of unfair criticism. He is a stop-gap QB. No one has brought Fitz in expecting him to be their "franchise QB." He can win games for teams who don't have a franchise QB. He had a pretty good season last year for the Jets. 31 TD's and 15 INT's. He was top 12 in QBR. Ask any Jet fan, they were extremely happy with his play. His main criticism is he throws picks and has games like he did today. But he is more than capable of lighting it up, just see last weeks game.

The NFL is a weird thing. Last week Fitz lights up the Bills. Then this week the Bills light up the Cardinals and the Jets get lit up. Who knows what to expect. I wouldn't be surprised if Fitz threw for 250+ yards and 3 TD's or 150 yards and 3 INT's against us.

All I'm saying is that I wouldn't "overlook" Fitzpatrick.

Agree don't overlook Fitzpatrick but he is the definition of a mediocre QB -- he is the king of empty stats and garbage TD's in games he lost by 2+ TD