Boykin

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
So how does everyone feel about him? Does anyone think we should rest Russell last game before bye week to heal up properly? Just checking everyones temp on situation.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I think Boykin has real potential. IDK if anything can keep Russel down, but I am much more confident about not having T-Jack.

HawkGA

Reaction score
The INT sucked, but other than that I thought he did well. Didn't like seeing the extra injury on Russ, but I was glad to see Boykin get a little work in.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
That pick was horrendous.

Showed some flashes of potential but always feel like you're one play away from a massive, massive error.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
That pass to ADB on the crossing route, for his first NFL TD, was really sweet!

He showed good confidence and poise today, hopefully he can build on that.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The INT was really bad but in the same sense the throws he made were very good.

High ceiling for sure, was nice that they let him make some plays out there.

I need to do some studying on the Jets. I already know were somewhat at a disadvantage with the line matchups. Would be nice to see Ifedi back in next week. Obviously, he will be in week 6 either way. Too bad we can't have Ifedi play tackle, lmao. It's not funny it just hurts how bad Sowell and Gilliam are, two of the worst tackles in the league without a doubt.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3sum3r3m said:

Showed some flashes of potential but always feel like you're one play away from a massive, massive error.

Gotta agree with this; still WAY too raw but the kid has skills. Still, an improvement over T-Jack. Fortunately, the bone-headed INT didn't cost us more than a garbage-time TD. Hopefully he'll learn and move on from that.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
My fear for Boykin was his INTs, and once I said that to a friend that INT showed up. Wilson won't be missing the next game, doesn't matter how good the Jets DL is, we just dink and dunk and we can torch Revis deep. Just want Wilson to stay in the pocket and not have to run to save any play, play it smart with the injuries.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1il3sf2p said:

^^^ THIS!!!
Boykin will never get us to the playoffs and our F.O's stinginess with the cap(like overpaying for toys-Graham) is getting our best player killed out there. Ankle and now a knee. We CANNOT make the playoffs without Russ.

The Breh

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":pmcpkafk said:
He can maybe steal a game this year but not against the Jets.
Jets would have to score on us tho.
6 INT's against the Chiefs, I can only imagine what our secondary would do :twisted:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'm not trashing Boykin, but knock this stuff about him being better than Tarvaris. Granted he's younger and his wheels are better, but T-Jack seldom turned the ball over.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":1laej439 said:
That pass to ADB on the crossing route, for his first NFL TD, was really sweet!

He showed good confidence and poise today, hopefully he can build on that.

Well....it wasn't a crossing route. It was a quick out.

That was all Doug.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":13sm2b2y said:
theENGLISHseahawk":13sm2b2y said:

^^^ THIS!!!
Boykin will never get us to the playoffs and our F.O's stinginess with the cap(like overpaying for toys-Graham) is getting our best player killed out there. Ankle and now a knee. We CANNOT make the playoffs without Russ.

Stop.

That "toy" had 100 yds and a TD today. He was dominant. A lot if fans thought he wouldn't even play this season.

You already stated you didn't watch the game in another thread.

As pointed out, Russ getting hurt had nothing to do with the OL.

You are on a roll tonight. Not a good one.

You need to see the game before spewing inaccuracies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":24dk1cmn said:
I'm not trashing Boykin, but knock this stuff about him being better than Tarvaris. Granted he's younger and his wheels are better, but T-Jack seldom turned the ball over.
Folks have different opinions that is what makes this place so great. We can agree to disagree and still keep it civil without telling others how to post. You are a huge T-Jack fan, others may not be for various reasons. No harm, no foul.

HawkGA

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":25iq9zhu said:
theENGLISHseahawk":25iq9zhu said:

Gotta agree with this; still WAY too raw but the kid has skills. Still, an improvement over T-Jack. Fortunately, the bone-headed INT didn't cost us more than a garbage-time TD. Hopefully he'll learn and move on from that.

Didn't Peyton Manning set a record for interceptions or something like that his rookie season?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ymakvo6 said:
Siouxhawk":2ymakvo6 said:
Folks have different opinions that is what makes this place so great. We can agree to disagree and still keep it civil without telling others how to post. You are a huge T-Jack fan, others may not be for various reasons. No harm, no foul.

Siouxhawk is a massive T Jack fan boy. He is just defending his boy.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":25bz4nug said:
Siouxhawk":25bz4nug said:
Folks have different opinions that is what makes this place so great. We can agree to disagree and still keep it civil without telling others how to post. You are a huge T-Jack homer, others may not be for various reasons. No harm, no foul.

FIFY

brimsalabim

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3gl1p6wm said:
Seahwkgal":3gl1p6wm said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3gl1p6wm said:

^^^ THIS!!!

Stop.

That "toy" had 100 yds and a TD today. He was dominant. A lot if fans thought he wouldn't even play this season.

You already stated you didn't watch the game in another thread.

As pointed out, Russ getting hurt had nothing to do with the OL.

You are on a roll tonight. Not a good one.

You need to see the game before spewing inaccuracies.
Just because YOU stated something that doesn't make it accurate. Russell's injury absolutely had to do with the Oline completely failing their jobs on that play. You can say that in your opinion Russell should have thrown the ball away and I'd agree but to say it had nothing to do with poor Oline play is simply ridiculous. The Oline failed whether Russell got hurt or not.