Collins today

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Did pretty well, catching passes, giving CMike a breather.

Not bad, just saying.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
12th_Bob":23kniavf said:
Did pretty well, catching passes, giving CMike a breather.

Not bad, just saying.

He's no slouch remember he was a RB for Arkansas of the SEC.

A lot of talent comes from that conference on a pretty regular basis.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Not bad, his legs look so long that they get tangled up sometimes.

sutz

Reaction score
He also had a decent run of 10 yds or so called back for a hold.

ACFan

Reaction score
I was glad to see him get in and be able to contribute some today, nothing spectacular, but solid in all areas.

youngest player on the team and he seems to always be healthy, he will get better with time.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Still think cmike or rawls get that 1st down on the 3rd down play where he got ran down from behind.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1xshwuzm said:
Still think cmike or rawls get that 1st down on the 3rd down play where he got ran down from behind.

I was thinking Pope would have been bee-lined it out of there.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I'm a little surprised. I didn't think he looked that good. Seemed slow and was tackled rather easily. Just my observation, but I don't see a lot of upside there and he's certainly not who I would want to see in the game running the ball.

justafan

Reaction score
xgeoff":1z13bc94 said:
I'm a little surprised. I didn't think he looked that good. Seemed slow and was tackled rather easily. Just my observation, but I don't see a lot of upside there and he's certainly not who I would want to see in the game running the ball.

I agree with you.I was rooting for him and really liked the pick in the draft at the time.

He just seemes to be missing something.He seems to lack the explosion right off the bat.I dont worry about his lack of top end speed but his first few steps dont seem quick enough for the pros.I hope I am wrong.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
The Michael first TD is a 8-10 yard run with most RB's, that was well blocked, but Michael showed great quickness and burst to get through that crease and into the next level....Collins needs to dedicate himself 100% to getting in tip-top shape and increasing his footspeed....he doesn't run with enough power and looks more like Eddie Lacy than the Alex Collins as a underclassman....

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
As I said in the Rawls injury thread, I like AC, I just don't fully trust him yet to be the main back that spells Cmike. He runs like he is in a swimming pool. I see those legs churning, but not much forward progress. I see Cmike getting the lions share of carries. Hopefully old habbits don't rear their ugly head due to a fatigued michael and his explosive running style.

getnasty

Reaction score
Collins is slow and has yet to show any power in his running style. Hope he's able to improve but I'm not liking what I'm seeing out of AC.

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
Has some good cutting ability and vision, but looks like he is running with weights on his feet compared to Cmike and Rawls.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Not impressed at all. He runs way too high too frequently and just looks like he's over his head. For an NFL RB his legs are thin and he just lacks both power and lateral quickness.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Wow, tough crowd.

You know, it took CMike, the dude everyone suddenly loves around here (and for great reason, he's rededicated himself tremendously and deserves the love) 4 seasons to finally score his first touchdown in the pros, and 3 seasons and 3 teams to finally make a difference for us down the stretch last season and against Minnesota in the playoffs.

I'm not saying that Collins is guaranteed to take the same career path, but it's game 3 of his rookie season for crying out loud. He's always going to be going up against it with the 12th Man because so many wanted him cut in favor of Pope. Well, Pope hasn't done anything for the Jets this season either, so it's not like Collins was cut in favor of a guy that's going to win this seasons rushing title.

Both guys are "longshots" to become great pros, but I'm not ready to give up on Collins just yet. The Seahawks always seem to have a few guys that just take a while for them to "get it." Whether that be getting in better shape, studying the playbook, staying healthy, etc. CMike, Golden Tate, Cassius Marsh, Byron Maxwell... the list goes on and on.

Time will tell if Collins gets as long of a rope as those guys did, but if he does, I could see him carving out a spot on the roster because he's got good vision and good footwork. The rest will come with time, if he's afforded it, which is definitely not a given.

All I'm saying is, don't write him off just yet.

Now watch him get cut tomorrow. Sorry if I jinxed ya, AC!