Let's have enough of the "I told you so" threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
For crying out loud, we've got one for Kam, one for Bevell, one for Graham, and one for negative nellies in general. Taking our opinions a bit seriously, are we?

Has it occurred to anyone that this kind of posturing can only drag down the board and make it a less pleasant place to be in? I'm not thin-skinned and can eat crow; so if you people keep posting these threads, I'll live just fine. But improving the openness of the board is a worthy goal, one we can all participate in. There's no "optimism" or "player loyalty" tests required to join this board, or to be a Seahawks fan. It's one board for the optimists and pessimists alike. Think about that for a second.

Besides...next week you might go back to being wrong. It's a crazy league. ;)

That's all I've got. Hope y'all enjoyed the win today.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Next week, if the Hawks play poorly, the other guys need to say I told you so too. It's not fair.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
We had 427 "OL Sucks" threads, 321 "Fire Bevell" threads, a plethora of "Graham was a mistake threads, and an absolute multitude of other negative threads up to and including one asking fans to perform bloody SWOT analyses of the team. I reckon you can handle a few positive ones.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":rnekk2a4 said:
We had 427 "OL Sucks" threads, 321 "Fire Bevell" threads, a plethora of "Graham was a mistake threads, and an absolute multitude of other negative threads up to and including one asking fans to perform bloody SWOT analyses of the team. I reckon you can handle a few positive ones.

I can.

But when a guy performs poorly, he gets criticized. Nothing weird about that.

dogorama

Reaction score
Here's the deal, when the so-called Bevell-haters voice their opinion they are not attacking anyone because as far as I can tell Bevell is not lurking here getting his feelings hurt. You cannot be a "hater" without an audience to hate. On the other hand, the so-called Bevell apologists are directly attacking people on the board and THAT is inappropriate.

HansGruber

Reaction score
If we are going to get rid of "I told you so" threads, can we also be done with telling people what to say or how to feel? How about just letting everyone do their thing and if you don't like it, don't read it?

Geologic

Reaction score
It bears repeating when half the board have been talking shit about Christine Michael, who's been saving the run game this season.

Christine Michael deserves the callouts

minormillikin

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":ut71ddsf said:

Asking fellow posters to "eat crow" isn't positive.

But hey, making sure the negative nancies pay for their lack of faith is important, right?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
If you go that route then this thread is also in voilation. The more rules you make, the more you yourselves are held accountable to them.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Look, the 49ers beat the living shit out of the Rams 28-0. Then, the Rams beat the Seahawks 9-3.

Then the Seahawks beat the shit out of the 49ers 37-18.

If that doesn't prove the fact that none of us knows shit about this league then nothing ever will.

Just celebrate the fact that we are all fans going along for the ride.

dogorama

Reaction score
Aros":3chpcfsa said:
Look, the 49ers beat the living shit out of the Rams 28-0. Then, the Rams beat the Seahawks 9-3.

Then the Seahawks beat the shit out of the 49ers 37-18.

If that doesn't prove the fact that none of us knows shit about this league then nothing ever will.

Just celebrate the fact that we are all fans going along for the ride.

HRYK

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
minormillikin":2tgfreka said:
Asking fellow posters to "eat crow" isn't positive.

But hey, making sure the negative nancies pay for their lack of faith is important, right?
Asking fellow fans to believe the team is going to hell in a handbasket because of the OL, Bevell, Graham trade, lack of corporatespeak paradigms, or whatever the Goat-of-the-Day is important, right?

I never want to tune in here to see people ripping down Seahawks players, but people do it all the time and figure it's a Public Service of some sick, twisted variety. I can barely stand this place after a loss. I don't post the "eat crow" threads, but I can definitely understand the sentiment behind them, and it all stems from people sick of other people constantly piling on the negativity.

We won, so for this week, the positive types get to crow and the negative types can just freaking deal with it like the positive types have to after a loss or even a tight win.

A

Anonymous

I have only one thing to say:

The sooner we stop talking about the talk, and just talk, the better off everyone will be.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I think people are just reacting to the ridiculous overreaction last week and wanting those who thought the sky was falling to take a dose of perspective.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3ep8rk0e said:
For crying out loud, we've got one for Kam, one for Bevell, one for Graham, and one for negative nellies in general. Taking our opinions a bit seriously, are we?

Has it occurred to anyone that this kind of posturing can only drag down the board and make it a less pleasant place to be in? I'm not thin-skinned and can eat crow; so if you people keep posting these threads, I'll live just fine. But improving the openness of the board is a worthy goal, one we can all participate in. There's no "optimism" or "player loyalty" tests required to join this board, or to be a Seahawks fan. It's one board for the optimists and pessimists alike. Think about that for a second.

As was said earlier the threads are about perspective. No team dominates every game all season long and rarely does any team go undefeated. We very well may struggle next game. On the road, early start, another top 5 d line, Russ even more injured, that has the makings of a possible struggle offensively. Doesn't mean our team will never score more than 10 points a game or that Bevel should be fired, Pete is too rigid, or that we will never make it back to the super bowl.
Last week was super freek out mode and this weeks threads are just pointing out the folly of temper tantrum reactions to one or two games and the inability to take an overall look at how our offense has performed with Pete and Bevel.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2euzhh3c said:

I concur.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
There wouldn't be any "told you so" threads if this place didn't turn into theapocolypse.net every time the Hawks lose a game.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I really want to call out the anti-Michael crowd but I wont. Promise.

themunn

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1nqc5jim said:
Has it occurred to anyone that this kind of posturing can only drag down the board and make it a less pleasant place to be in? I

I could say the same thing about the dozens of threads demanding Bevell fired, Cable fired, we follow the "broncos model", we need to "start rebuilding", not to mention criticisms of half the team.

You think that makes the board a pleasant place to be?

Last week's loss sucked. Coming onto this board was even worse, you'd have thought we'd just finished an 0-16 season the way people were reacting.

Status
Not open for further replies.