Luke Willson FB & TE

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Anyone notice Willson playing FB yesterday? On the Kirov post game show he said he had fun and practiced a good bit at the position in preparation for the game. I admit I noticed a big guy there during the game but missed seeing the player's number.

His speed and size and more focus on blocking might elevate his game. Having him Vannett and Graham on the field at any time might be a mismatch situation to watch for going forward.

I suspect Tuku is done here with this development as it makes it easier to justify keeping 4 TEs

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
jammerhawk":20thrtcw said:
Anyone notice Willson playing FB yesterday?
Thanks for that info, did miss it. Good on Luke - there was were some massive blocks going on out there, especially to the left, looking forward to taking a closer look at LW's part in that action.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":t1lm1llv said:
LeftHandSmoke":t1lm1llv said:
jammerhawk":t1lm1llv said:
Anyone notice Willson playing FB yesterday?
Thanks for that info, did miss it. Good on Luke - there was were some massive blocks going on out there, especially to the left, looking forward to taking a closer look at LW's part in that action.

Yep. PC said they noticed SF was having major problems, on the right side of their d-line, stopping the run. For all of the talk that Seattle doesn't game plan other team's weaknesses, I think that is a good indication that they certainly do, and all it takes is proper execution to show the results.
Haven't yet re-watched any of it but a play that stands out from memory was the blocking on C Mike's second TD and how, I think it was Sowell but it may have been alongside Willson, they absolutely crunched the right side of SF's D Line. It was gorgeous - in a train-wreckage kinda way.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
That play I was thinking of ^

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GoSeahawksNews/status/780229380589047808[/tweet]

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I noticed it. It didn't look pretty. I will have to re-watch and see if I biased my opinion by only noticing the ugly play and he actually did better than I thought.

Hawks46

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":10rjkoai said:
That play I was thinking of ^

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GoSeahawksNews/status/780229380589047808[/tweet]

The two biggest factors in this run were Wilson keeping 2 Niners on the edge watching him, and Michael hits the hole FAST. Collins doesn't make that play.

It is a good call out on the blocks though. Sowell has had some really good run blocking at times so far, he's just an average athlete and over matched on the edge by guys with elite speed like Quinn.