Thomas Rawls has an injured fibula, out for a couple of week

2_0_6

Reaction score
I bet JS is making some calls today to some teams to see if anyone is available.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Poor guy runs hard, but just can't take a sixteen-game pounding. Drafting a back to timeshare him with is important if Michael is gone next year.

If Seattle picks in the back half of the first round and a guy like, say, Leonard Fournette slips to them, I hope they take a shot.

Also, I wish we still had Troymaine Pope.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
I think they'll see how Collins and Prosise develop before thinking about drafting a RB in the first round, especially after drafting 5 RB's in this year's draft.

sutz

Reaction score
Sorry to hear, but the timing isn't bad with the bye coming up. Will be good for he and Russ to get a week off.

Perhaps the early bye is not such a bad thing this year. :229031_shrug:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It feels to me like he tried to come back too early.

And it is really unfair to raise the durability issue if that is the case, because the play that injured him was one where he was fighting for extra yardage, the OL let the defender right on through, and the defender landed on top of his back. The angle and force would have hurt anyone.

This was the very issue I was apoplectic about in losing Pope, it was pretty clear that Rawls did not look 100% to me.

But now we are stuck/screwed if Michael gets injured because we have literally nothing of value behind him. And nobody to spell a tired Michael either.

Very frustrating because this was entirely preventable. It was clearly foreseeable, the coaching staff just rolled the die on 2 unproven, likely unuseful backs - and got rid of the one guy that could have helped us if they bet wrong. Even worse, there was no upside to the decision, neither Procise or Collins were going to deliver anything this year, they were net non-contributors vs any camp body in the same position.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Pete said a "few weeks" at minimum, which is important because it means multiple games whereas a "couple weeks" doesn't due to the bye.

Pete also said this was completely unrelated to his ankle injury from last season.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/780451439546097664[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MatthewBerryTMR/status/780453596269801472[/tweet]

dogorama

Reaction score
As I'm watching Rawls a couple of weeks ago he has a run where he carries two or three of the opposing defense three or four yds and I remark on the Radish board a reference to him being Beastmode 2.0. Therein lies his problem, he knew coming in that the Seahawks wanted a hard running physical back and he has given his all to be that. I wish he would just be himself though and establish his own identity. Take what they give you and leave it at that, not everyone can be the Beast.

It's funny, I posted a comment by one of SF's d-line last week where he remarked that the Seahawks are different now, they no longer have that 6'1" 245 lb. running back. I wrote that it was funny he said that because Marshawn is 5'11" 217 lbs. Every time I think about that it gives me a new appreciation for how great Marshawn really was, because how was he able to completely punish defenders year in - year out w/o really being that big? I think Beastmode goes down in NFL history as being one of the great legends, and I think Thomas Rawls can be a great back too, but only when he understands who Thomas Rawls really is.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1fxbb3ah said:
I bet JS is making some calls today to some teams to see if anyone is available.

It'll depend on if Prosise can get back after the bye.

If not, might have to pick up a 3rd back. If so, only one more week with Collins and C-Mike, should be fine.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Nobody should ever lose their job, but I bet this opens the door for Michael, who is tough and fast and just keeps getting his game dialed in. I hate to say it, but I don't think Rawls has an NFL body.

Seafan

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":9dxgf3zn said:

I really doubt this. The group they have is fine.

And to the poster who said Rawls came back too soon, getting hit in the shin had nothing to do with anything else. That's a ludicrous notion.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
I wouldn't be too surprised if Rawls is out until at least mid-to-late November. We're talking about a broken leg bone here.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
dogorama":2a820nim said:
It's funny, I posted a comment by one of SF's d-line last week where he remarked that the Seahawks are different now, they no longer have that 6'1" 245 lb. running back. I wrote that it was funny he said that because Marshawn is 5'11" 217 lbs. Every time I think about that it gives me a new appreciation for how great Marshawn really was, because how was he able to completely punish defenders year in - year out w/o really being that big?

Marshawn is wide, though. Just one of those wide bodies, almost like a catcher's body except much more athletic. He is so thick throughout his whole body that I'm not shocked at how punishing he was.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1d62hv9d said:

And it is really unfair to raise the durability issue if that is the case, because the play that injured him was one where he was fighting for extra yardage, the OL let the defender right on through, and the defender landed on top of his back. The angle and force would have hurt anyone.

This was the very issue I was apoplectic about in losing Pope, it was pretty clear that Rawls did not look 100% to me.

But now we are stuck/screwed if Michael gets injured because we have literally nothing of value behind him. And nobody to spell a tired Michael either.

Very frustrating because this was entirely preventable. It was clearly foreseeable, the coaching staff just rolled the die on 2 unproven, likely unuseful backs - and got rid of the one guy that could have helped us if they bet wrong. Even worse, there was no upside to the decision, neither Procise or Collins were going to deliver anything this year, they were net non-contributors vs any camp body in the same position.

Ahh, more of the Pope worship....

I mean, the guy is so good, he absolutely tearing it up in New York.....

Oh wait.....

2_0_6

Reaction score
Hawkpower":15roufwh said:
TwistedHusky":15roufwh said:

Ahh, more of the Pope worship....

I mean, the guy is so good, he absolutely tearing it up in New York.....

Oh wait.....

:ditto:

Pope was released for a reason.
Pope has not played this season for a reason.
Pope will most likely never amount to much more than a fringe PS/53 man roster player

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seafan":23a6vksp said:
Hawk_Nation":23a6vksp said:

I really doubt this. The group they have is fine.

And to the poster who said Rawls came back too soon, getting hit in the shin had nothing to do with anything else. That's a ludicrous notion.

As is claiming that Rawls will be injury prone for his whole career.

That's like saying Russ is brittle because he has happened to have had two bad luck injuries in a short time span. That narrative would be ridiculous.

Time will tell with Rawls, but at this point its not fair to paint him as too soft or injury prone to play in the NFL.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I hope this quiets the narrative from a few posters that Rawls is a sissy and isn't playing due to a "mere bruise".

The NFL is rough, and big guys hit you hard. I'm confident that Rawls will come back as soon as he can. I'm not worried about it until Michael gets dinged, then I'll stress a bit.

I'm surprised that Lynch didn't get hurt very much in his lower legs. You just never saw the guy get taken down very awkwardly. I'm sure there's a certain amount of luck that goes with this, and maybe his running style.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think Prosise, like Michael, is going to prove a lot of people wrong in here. Excited to see what he can do.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":3393hb29 said:
I think Prosise, like Michael, is going to prove a lot of people wrong in here. Excited to see what he can do.

I'll admit that I'm starting to warm on C-Mike. He killed it in pass pro yesterday and would love it if someone could post a .gif of him blasting people.