Seattles D makes QBs see Ghosts

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I was thinking about this today. We didn't sack Gabbert , we only pressured him on something like 7 snaps.

But the reputation of our D. The fact that teams watch our guys all week, Game plan knowing they can't think about looking deep. Makes teams do things they wouldn't normally do.

Very interesting, We've seen our D be dominant while not getting a sack (hello SB 48) but yesterday we didn't even really get pressure, yet we still made Gabbert look like the hot trash he is.

just something to kick around. Now that all the negative nelly vs Optomistic threads are all locked! We can focus on football.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Blaine is averaging something like 4 yards an attempt this year.

Next week should be exciting. Fitz doesn't give a damn throwing the ball into horrible coverage, something the LOB feasted on for years until teams followed the Pats blueprint of everything safe.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
mistaowen":4zh91737 said:
I'm pretty sure Blaine is averaging something like 4 yards an attempt this year.

Next week should be exciting. Fitz doesn't give a damn throwing the ball into horrible coverage, something the LOB feasted on for years until teams followed the Pats blueprint of everything safe.

Fitz is bi polar. Looked like Joe Montana vs the Bills in week 2. Threw 6 ints yesterday... SIX!!!

They have good receivers, and vs Buffalo they were throwing down field a ton. I think I even made a post on here looking forward to it.

dogorama

Reaction score
I think Pete commented that going into those last two drives they only had like 120 yds. That is pretty remarkable even if it is Gabbert and the 49ers, it's still an NFL team.

In the end, I don't really care about sacks, INT's, etc. it's about doing your job and nobody is doing that better than this squad right now.

chris98251

Reaction score
Gabbert is a decent scrambler, they were playing him as one or for Kaep if he came in I thought. Making him beat us with the pass, it worked until the defense relaxed.

Hawks46

Reaction score
gowazzu02":17nbwuky said:
mistaowen":17nbwuky said:

Fitz is bi polar. Looked like Joe Montana vs the Bills in week 2. Threw 6 ints yesterday... SIX!!!

They have good receivers, and vs Buffalo they were throwing down field a ton. I think I even made a post on here looking forward to it.

The Jets have 2 good, tall WRs on the outside. Thing is, we can match up with those guys. I don't see them having a great TE that can beat us up the seam, so I really like what the matchups look like as long as we stop their run. That's the key; shut down the Jets run game, make them 1 dimensional, and Fitz will throw you a couple. Also, the Jets have had the rep of being soft against the deep pass.

That Jets defense is no joke though. The Jets had, what, 8 turnovers and the Chiefs only scored 24 points ?

I want to see Baldwin on Revis. I think Revis looks a step slow this year, and this is the game that Baldwin can roast him if Russ is given time.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
The last time we were in that stadium we made a future Hall of Fame QB see ghosts.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1gqltlsv said:
The last time we were in that stadium we made a future Hall of Fame QB see ghosts.

Any time you can reference that magical game twice in the same thread makes me smile!

AgentDib

Reaction score
Seahawks@Jets looks like the second best game on the schedule next week after Chiefs@Steelers. Shame that the NFL did themselves a disservice by making it a 10 AM EST start though.