Loved Russ working the hard count then going deep

gowazzu02

Reaction score
We all hear about Rodgy's ability to do that. Loved seeing Russ do it, plus throwing it up to the biggest guy on the field. Not a bad strategy.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Really hope to see more of this. We've just missed Lockett numerous times as well and I think this would help our offense tremendously. Michael getting going will help as well possibly getting the safeties stuck in no mans land.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I like the more uptempo style they're going to. You can still have a punishing, ball control running game but go uptempo by getting to the los quickly, but then taking your time surveying the defense. Helps the OL for protections, helps Russ read the defense a bit, and helps with keeping the defense from substituting a lot.

I also like how Russ went to the hard count and had the Niners DL flinching a bit. We got one offsides, but it slows down the pass rush a little bit.

Laloosh

Reaction score
We've had some nice plays on off-sides over the past few years. Particularly against Santa Clara.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
This team looks great when they bounce between running it and spreading it five wide and keeping the pace up.

But for some reason bevel sure likes to stay in similar looks and run the same plays over and over again.

fire bevell.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Does anybody else feel like this thread subject line belongs in the Shack???

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
HawkGA":1kljhg4e said:

I was just laughing and going to comment that the subject line could involve a punch line somewhere with Ciara's name involved. So this is what it feels like to be 47 going on 13. LOL

Trrrroy

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":17kwaljd said:
As a newlywed, he should be getting used to going deep...

:p

Might actually explain his injuries. Women weaken legs.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Aros":17z7gdqf said:
HawkGA":17z7gdqf said:

I was just laughing and going to comment that the subject line could involve a punch line somewhere with Ciara's name involved. So this is what it feels like to be 47 going on 13. LOL

I get a lot of head shaking from my wife for my juvenile sense of humor. I figure it keeps us young, right?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
there was once instance where he got the defense to jump and we got called for a false start incorrectly. Pissed me off, Officiating was turrible

DJrmb

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":3bsp6lbw said:
there was once instance where he got the defense to jump and we got called for a false start incorrectly. Pissed me off, Officiating was turrible

Yeah that pissed me off too. It was Jimmy Graham, he flinched after a defensive player jumped on the hard count. That is the very definition of "neutral zone infraction". I hope Pete sends that play into the league offices so they can hopefully get it right next time...

As for going forward, I hope Russ keeps this up and gets even better at it. The ability to use different counts to give your offense a head start on the defense is one of the big advantages of playing at home.

TasteTheBeastmode

Reaction score
When we lost Okung to free agency I knew our hard count penalties would go up. Wilson was always capable. Okung was the problem.