Moving forward with our Wide Receivers.

RW92

Reaction score
Alright guys, yes this past Sunday was a great day for Baldwin and Graham.

But don't beat me up here. I know that I have been the one down on Kearse's production, but moving forward does anyone anticipate any tweaking of our passing game? First I love what I saw of Graham this past Sunday. It's almost like he never had knee surgery. Running like a gazelle down the field. But I feel strongly that for the Hawks to keep improving as the weeks go on, Tyler and Paul Richardson will have to step up further along with Baldwin and Graham to push us further forward to the playoffs. Passing to Christine Michael out of the back field along with Prosise when he is healthy may be the final piece of the puzzle. I'm just not sure what the plans for Kearse are when he is in the game. If you watch his routes it's as if he knows the pass isn't coming to him. Two catches for 11 yards won't get it done two weeks in a row. I'm just concerned, that's all.

Hope to get some thoughts from the forum on a topic that I still feel is fluid.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Kearse is 3rd on the team in receptions behind Baldwin and Graham and is one of the toughest skilled position players on the roster. You want him out there blocking downfield, setting picks, etc and if you really need a play downfield when everyone is covered, you can throw it up there and he wins more often than he doesn't.

What I fail to understand, in any sane way of thinking, is how you want to put Richardson on the field when you need to run the ball and nearly everyone in football has made it clear how that part of our game opens things up for the passing game. Richardson is sort of redundant to Lockett in that he's purely a finesse/speed player. You really only put him on the field in 4 wide. You certainly don't want him out there run blocking and blocking on bubble screens. I realize he's a second round pick and all and it's awesome to have a 94 speed player in madden, but his ceiling really has a lot of limits as it pertains to an overall functional offense. If something happens to Lockett or we go more 4 wide where Graham isn't on the field for some reason....then sure.

If Kearse were to go down, then you'd probably see McEvoy or Williams on the field more to really complete the offense. Richardson is just really limited overall because he lacks strength to a very large degree.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Kearse is an enigma. Very hot and cold.

Next week he may have 8 catches. He does block well in the running game so its more than just his catches.

Did Lockett or Richardson have one target? I don't recall. Lockett only got 20 offensive snaps and it was clear on his long PR he isn't 100%.

Would like to see Richardson more involved next week. With coverage focused on Baldwin, Graham,
and Lockett...he should have chances.

I think Wilson (and clearly Boykin) trust Doug as their go to guy. Graham is fast becoming that for Russell as well.

McEvoy got a lot of snaps yesterday as well.

titan3131

Reaction score
Kearse isnt worthy of being on our team. The sooner we can move on from him the better, it was a mistake giving him a contract.

I really feel that John and Pete got emotionally attached and didnt think logically about keeping this UDFA who stuck around. Baldwin was the UDFA model you want to parade as the "model" of the seahawks. Not a middling hot and cold WR who might as well be inactive 80% of the time.

RussB

Reaction score
I want them to keep doing exactly what they did with graham yesterday. Thats what ive been waiting for, he is lethal when you give him those chances.

As far as kearse, he hasnt really been producing a ton but he is still valueable. Like the guy above me said, one game he might be terrible then the next game he comes up with some spectacular plays, also hes a great blocker. He just seems to make the clutchest plays in the clutchest moments. Like the GB NFC game and the SB catch.

titan3131

Reaction score
RussB":1ioltu2q said:
I want them to keep doing exactly what they did with graham yesterday. Thats what ive been waiting for, he is lethal when you give him those chances.

As far as kearse, he hasnt really been producing a ton but he is still valueable. Like the guy above me said, one game he might be terrible then the next game he comes up with some spectacular plays, also hes a great blocker. He just seems to make the clutchest plays in the clutchest moments. Like the GB NFC game and the SB catch.

one SB catch does not even out the atrocity of blocking in sb 49 THAT LOST THE GAME BECAUSE OF HIS TRASH EXECUTION.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
titan3131":3m01xkzh said:
RussB":3m01xkzh said:

one SB catch does not even out the atrocity of blocking in sb 49 THAT LOST THE GAME BECAUSE OF HIS TRASH EXECUTION.

There's so many problems with that statement...starting with ALL CAPS. SCREAMING DOESN'T MAKE YOU RIGHT.

Kearse has been an asset since 2015. Found himself a nice little niche in the revised passing game.

The Breh

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kearse disrupt the D backs when Boykin got to Baldwin for his first TD ?
He's one of our biggest vet receivers.
When they don't see a need they cut the fat.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
This topic is the joke that it usually is. We even had the last SB team learn how to play football from us after we knocked the hell out of their "best damn offense in the history of the NFL." and you just continually want to see Madden video game football. There are only so many balls to go around when you run the ball half the time.

Like my brother who always goes after some trap of a girl....you'll just never learn.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
titan3131":bfrln30j said:
RussB":bfrln30j said:

So we lost the Super Bowl because of Jermaine Kears'e. Got it.....

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
titan3131":2h1xuv6g said:
RussB":2h1xuv6g said:

Are you frigging kidding me? Of all the things that were disastrous in the 4th quarter, you think that is what lost the SB??

Sealake80

Reaction score
LOL :177692: Kearse is definitely a core member of the greatest Seahawks team ever. He balls out.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
RW92":oynch73l said:
Alright guys, yes this past Sunday was a great day for Baldwin and Graham.

But don't beat me up here. I know that I have been the one down on Kearse's production, but moving forward does anyone anticipate any tweaking of our passing game? First I love what I saw of Graham this past Sunday. It's almost like he never had knee surgery. Running like a gazelle down the field. But I feel strongly that for the Hawks to keep improving as the weeks go on, Tyler and Paul Richardson will have to step up further along with Baldwin and Graham to push us further forward to the playoffs. Passing to Christine Michael out of the back field along with Prosise when he is healthy may be the final piece of the puzzle. I'm just not sure what the plans for Kearse are when he is in the game. If you watch his routes it's as if he knows the pass isn't coming to him. Two catches for 11 yards won't get it done two weeks in a row. I'm just concerned, that's all.

Hope to get some thoughts from the forum on a topic that I still feel is fluid.

The problem when analyzing "production" is you have to look at the distribution. Because Kearse is only the 4th target lately (Baldwin 1, Graham 2, Lockett 3 these days) he's just not going to have that many targets and opportunities. I wouldn't worry about Lockett either. Russell passed just 23 times yesterday so with Baldwin 8 catches, Graham 6, some mandatory RB targets, there's just not that many passes left to be caught. Every receiver is going to have games when they're only targeted a few times. Lockett is a premier playmaker and he'll be there when we need him.

On another note,and this is nothing against the OP, but I'm absolutely sick of the term "Moving forward." It's such a redundant phrase that says nothing and is overused so much in business, in every single workplace and now sports. Everyone and their dog, cat and donkey is frigging "moving forward" one way or another. Is anyone dead or alive moving backward?? Whatever happened to the simple but clearly illustrative "in the future" or "next" or just state what the hell your concern is? Rant over.

A

Anonymous

Kearse has been a flag-magnet of late, but I'm not ready to toss him just yet.

I saw a play on Sunday where the ball was snapped and he just stood there like a statue. I'm inclined to say this was scheme-related, and the play resulted in positive yardage, so it's apparent coaching still believes teams are having to account for him. The DB didnt know what the hell to do for about 2.5 seconds.

Take that Bevell haters!

Unless he starts getting inexplicably wide open and drops the passes, he stays. He serves a purpose at this point. His past contributions are exactly that; in the past. This is a now league not the senior tour.

Regarding Graham, he's been getting doubled seemingly every snap he's been on the field. In order to continue to see the safeties biting his direction and have any hope of manipulating defenses, he's going to see more throws. The fact he's catching them is an unexpected bonus.

Richardson needs to ripen a bit more, IMO. Let's keep him in a cool dark place a while longer.

chris98251

Reaction score
Were almost as dependent on our WR's blocking in the run game as we are them catching passes, fantasy gurus put your stat sheets away concerning his contributions, when you can measure blocks and sealing an edge come back and give an argument.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
titan3131":1ewdvchl said:
RussB":1ewdvchl said:

Yeah, most WR would have "trash execution" trying to overcome Browner. Are you for real?! Can't go further with this response, as that would be shack material. Jeez Louise!

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

dogorama

Reaction score
Of all the uninformed comments I have read lately a couple on here should be nominated for worst of the year, if not all-time.

Go back and watch the clutch passes Kearse made in '13. There is NO way we get HFA w/o him. Same in '14 and then after having a bad game in the '14 NFCCG he pulls himself together and catches a TD pass with a defender literally riding his back that sends us to the Super Bowl for the second year in a row! One of the greatest Seahawk catches of all time!

It comes and goes w/him but there will come a time shortly where he will have a killer game and everyone will be talking about what a great receiver he is again. Go ask any Seahawk player who has been on this team for the last three years what they think of Kearse, they will tell you that he has been an indispensable part of the team's success.

peppersjap

Reaction score
The Breh":kxzixxb1 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kearse disrupt the D backs when Boykin got to Baldwin for his first TD ?
He's one of our biggest vet receivers.
When they don't see a need they cut the fat.
He never moved! He just stood there. So tired of all the love just because he is local? He has made some great plays for us but there is no way he deserves what he is being paid. He had a couple of catches Sunday, well after the game was decided. He is our #4 WR at best. He was the same way at UW. He made some fantastic plays but had so many drops. We are 3 games in and he has done nothing but what kills me is the play you talk about he seriously did not move.

peppersjap

Reaction score
dogorama":29eft1z2 said:
Of all the uninformed comments I have read lately a couple on here should be nominated for worst of the year, if not all-time.

Go back and watch the clutch passes Kearse made in '13. There is NO way we get HFA w/o him. Same in '14 and then after having a bad game in the '14 NFCCG he pulls himself together and catches a TD pass with a defender literally riding his back that sends us to the Super Bowl for the second year in a row! One of the greatest Seahawk catches of all time!

It comes and goes w/him but there will come a time shortly where he will have a killer game and everyone will be talking about what a great receiver he is again. Go ask any Seahawk player who has been on this team for the last three years what they think of Kearse, they will tell you that he has been an indispensable part of the team's success.
Chris Mathews was so awesome in the Super Bowl vs NE! I'm guessing that should have gotten him a roster exemption for his career. I do think Kearse blocks well! He really has had a great film reel of awesome plays but eventually they run out. There is a point where he becomes overpaid, fortunately the contract he signed was favorable for cutting him loose at the end of the year. He is a huge part of our history but how long do you keep a guy just because he has made great catches in the past, if it is a Husky thing I would rather see Kasen Williams or Kevin Smith!

themunn

Reaction score
I wonder how many teams in the league have a guy with two game winning touchdown receptions in consecutive NFC championship games that the fans are demanding be cut less than 2 years later.

Ah I guess the Oline and Graham and Bevell all had a good game on Sunday somebody has to take the heat