Will we get the #1 seed this year again?

RussB

Reaction score
FGe6MuA
Its still early in the season, but what do you guys think. I think its very likely this season.

UPDATED AFTER WEEK 10
NFC East- Cowboys taking it

NFC North- Still a battle between vikes or lions

NFC south- Falcons should take it

NFC west-I think we got this in the bag unless hawks tank and thats not happening
#1 or #2 seed incoming.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sure hope so. We need it.

Too early to tell though. Gotta get Russ healthy, then gotta keep him healthy.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":39njnbxn said:
There's a lot of football left to play.
I know, just an early prediction thread. Will probably update it throughout the season to see how things play out.

Phoenix

Reaction score
For next week if the Cards Beat the Rams,
and "IF" the Seahawks win then the standings would be:

Seahawks 3-1
Rams 2-2
Cards 2-2

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Phoenix":e63per5p said:

Seahawks 3-1
Rams 2-2
Cards 2-2
Thats why they need to win the Jets game.

Seymour

Reaction score
Phoenix":1eely310 said:

Seahawks 3-1
Rams 2-2
Cards 2-2

Look at the big picture. Screw the standings "this week" we want the Rams to take down the Tards for sure!

The Rams WILL tank. That is what they do best. :179422:

Fade

Reaction score
Too soon, but forecasting the NFC right now.

GB has the easiest schedule of the contenders to get the #1 Seed.

A lot of people on the Vikings wagon right now, but give it a half-season. They have sustained a lot of injuries, a couple more, and things will start to go south for them. They will probably make the playoffs, but won't do anything once they get there.

Philly is the new contender. The NFCE is meh, so it is setup for them to have a good record.

Carolina is bad at OT like the Seahawks, but unlike the Seahawks they are bad @ DE & in the Secondary. Atlanta & TB are built to beat them, or at the very least give them some trouble. Their ceiling appears to be 11 games, which isn't enough for the #1 seed.

Seattle must win road games if they want to be in the mix for the #1 seed. @ Green Bay being the most paramount. They will need that tie breaker over them.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Fade":1qkh7kim said:

A lot of people on the Vikings wagon right now, but give it a half-season. They have sustained a lot of injuries, a couple more, and things will start to go south for them. They will probably make the playoffs, but won't do anything once they get there.

Philly is the new contender. The NFCE is meh, so it is setup for them to have a good record.

Carolina is bad at OT like the Seahawks, but unlike the Seahawks they are bad @ DE & in the Secondary. Atlanta & TB are built to beat them, or at the very least give them some trouble. Their ceiling appears to be 11 games, which isn't enough for the #1 seed.

Seattle must win road games if they want to be in the mix for the #1 seed. @ Green Bay being the most paramount. They will need that tie breaker over them.
I honestly wont be surprised if falcons win the south. Carolinas secondary is way too suspect this year. They dont have norman or tillman anymore and there SS retired. Falcons might light them up.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Having an early round buy is not in our favor if the injuries keep happening. Our schedule is pretty tough on the home stretch. Our WR group looks good with enough weapons to survive some injuries, our defense looks good and healthy with some decent depth from what I saw in the preseason. Our OL with Ifedi back will function just fine, but lacks depth. Injuries here could really hurt us because it could lead to injuries to our QB and our RB group.

As with any team, depth is important and can be the deciding factor to making and being successful in the postseason. We need to have focus righ now in the backups to our OL starters and really focus a lot of coaching and scouting resources here. This will not only help us this season, but building our depth at OL is paramount to success as we tend not to pay OL to stick around, so you have to have a turnstile development program.

If we can stick to and make standard more of a spread offense this will help a lot to minimize OL injuries. The NFL has really put an emphasis on defensive lines, and there are a lot of good rushers out there. College, running a lot of spread, hasn't been turning out many quality offensive linemen suited for the NFL, so a team who is good at developing them a year or two ahead of time from within will be really the only way to guarantee having a servicable line. If we continue making the playoffs and winning, our first round picks will be late, and as history has shown, possibly traded for multiple later round. With good OL guys being sparse in the draft, you might not get any close to being starters that make it past the first round.

So, while very early, it will be tough going to get first seed with being thin at OL as far as depth and an early buy week. The good news is the rest of the team is looking VERY potent (for 1 game atleast) and has a history of grinding out wins. It will take a lot of heart to get it.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Another thought- With Russ possibly being not 100%, we have seen that opens the door to even more injuries to him trying to scramble but not able to make the cuts and escapes quite as well as he used to when healthy. Having Russ and the coaching staff really working with Boykin from a mental standpoint and getting him to really know the plays and his options at the position is very important. His fundamentals are serviceable (has a few bad habits) and can be corrected, so if he can get comfortable and take care of the ball as Russ did the first couple seasons we could be OK with Boykin under center.

I just have a bad feeling that this is the year of a Russ injury that holds him out for a bit of a stretch. Hope to hell I'm wrong.

Largent80

Reaction score
We won't if the Hawks adapt some of the thinking around here that losing this Sunday is no big deal. Were already behind Phil.

Dallas looks decent with Prescott.

Win...Win....WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think it'll depend on if the Cards have a down year and the Rams remember they're the Rams.

Divisional strength is usually what gives a team HFA............like the Patriots getting it more than they should cause the AFC East has been a dumpster fire for 15 years giving them a 4-5 game head start on the rest of the AFC year after year.

So yeah, if we can go 12-4 cause the Cards and Rams stink, and the Panthers and Packers continue to struggle. Then the #1 seed can be had with a 12-4 record.

Rat

Reaction score
I'm not buying Philly yet, I think they end up with around seven wins and the Redskins take the division.

As for the #1 seed, I wouldn't put money on it, but I think we have the best chance of any team in the conference.

Fade

Reaction score
RussB":3gd02oe2 said:
Fade":3gd02oe2 said:

I honestly wont be surprised if falcons win the south. Carolinas secondary is way too suspect this year. They dont have norman or tillman anymore and there SS retired. Falcons might light them up.

I wouldn't either, things can snow ball real quick in the NFL.

I'm jelly of Kyle Shanahan. He runs an offense tailor made for RW. ZBS w/boots & rollouts.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":48ti2dvr said:
This. Many teams finish the season looking totally different than they did in week 4. Way too soon for this.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Hawks46

Reaction score
Fade":2e6pm569 said:

Good post, and mirrors a lot of what I was going to say. There's 2 factors: what the Hawks can control (their schedule and games) and what they can't (contenders' schedule and games).

Gotta start with the division. You don't win the division, it doesn't matter.

Arizona. They look off right now and it starts with Palmer. I noticed during the Patriots game, but he looks gun shy. He's flinging passes up on the threat of pressure. You don't even have to get to the guy, just break free towards him. On defense, they're not stopping the run, which is a good sign for our matchups. Right now, they're too inconsistent to call.

Rams. I'm not buying them. They will come back down to earth. This is a 7-9 team with Keenum

Niners. This is already coming off the rails. I think Kaepernick will win them some regular season games, but not against us. We own that matchup, and the Cardinals also own him. With Kap, they're 8-8, but already coming from behind.

We're also too inconsistent to call right now, but we have the best defense in the division by far. We need to even out of offense and keep Russ healthy.

GB has an easy schedule. We're going to have to beat them if we want 1st overall seed.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1n3eq7wz said:
CHawkTailGator":1n3eq7wz said:
This. Many teams finish the season looking totally different than they did in week 4. Way too soon for this.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

It's OK to answer hypothetical questions, no one's going to hold you to it. Get crazy!

I like Minnesota, but I have zero faith that ol' Floppy Sleeves can stay upright for an entire season. As of now? Has to be the Eagles, they've looked great, really took it to the Steelers, who everyone was all over to challenge NE for the #1 seed.

LolaRox

Reaction score
The NFC is a jumbled mess this year (so far) Every team is flawed. At this point Vikings and Eagles are playing the best most consistent football the question is - will that continue?

It won't be an easy road, but if the Hawks can get (and keep) it together they have a shot because there are no truly dominant teams at this point.