The Kearse stands play

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been hashed a lot, but I saw something just now that I thought was interesting. The play was 2nd and 7 14:50 in the 4th. 2 shortside wide outs Baldwin and kearse, and stack wide outs on the far side. Cmike in the backfield. Boykin takes the snap and both Baldwin and the top stack wide out on top go out. Baldwin takes the DB and Kearse stands there with the corner. Top wide out goes out 4 yds and then crosses. By then the ball is thrown to Baldwin. Both of the second wr top of the formation and bottom of the formation stop giving Boykin options if he gets attacked. He has Kearse and the top stack receiver to either, toss to, run toward causing the corner/Db make a decision to attack boykin or let the receiver take off and make a play on the possible pass. Depends on what the db/corner do that makes the play. So strange a formation and yet so simplistic. Of course the MLB was in the center of the field covering for a tight end should we ever decide to employ one. But this was amazing to me the way this one played out.

Attachments

• Kearse.jpg
    Kearse.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 1,505

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think it's the same play, but I believe that was called to ADB, and to make things simple for the rookie, they only wanted one guy near that corner of the end zone,

That way there's only one person to throw to, mr Clutch, and only one DB in the vicinity.

It also precludes the referee trying to throw a flag for a phantom pick, like the one that Fouts tried to call a week or so ago.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I remember that play and was at first wonder.. WTF is that player doing.. nothing, and then everything opened up and thought, how interesting it was.

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":yic9lnwl said:
Bobblehead":yic9lnwl said:
I remember that play and was at first wonder.. WTF is that player doing.. nothing, and then everything opened up and thought, how interesting it was.

Looks like he is faking the WR/bubble screen.

Ahhhh...HOLY MOLY..it is the fake DOUBLE BUBBLE SCREEN from Seahawk Chatters.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
253hawk":2xpp3zoa said:
https://gfycat.com/CheapPitifulEasternglasslizard

I prefer my eastern glass lizards to be expensive and impressive.

idahohawk

Reaction score
I was confused by your thread title, and your lack of commas, but I think I understand now. Basically, it is cool to have guys in position to make an impact, regardless of how the play develops or appears.