The Power and Gift that is .NET

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So some of you are well aware of my endless search for the authentic Chromaflex SBXLVIII patch. The thread I started just this past week is further evidence of my search in vain for a patch that the NFL treats like it's Fort Knox property.

A few days ago I got a PM from Neal (Anguish) telling me that he happened to fall into a Russell Wilson jersey and he said it would likely collect dust in his closet and that he wanted to gift it to me. I was stunned! No, not because of his grumpy avatar but because someone would be so kind.

He wanted to also make sure I would get it in time before I leave this Friday to head to NY for the game this weekend...He had the jersey sent to me via UPS next day and it just arrived...

Now I was already truly touched that Neal would send me a Russell Wilson jersey but what I didn't comprehend at the time is that this is not just a jersey...It's an AUTHENTIC on the field game jersey WITH THE AUTHENTIC CHROMAFLEX PATCH on it!

I about passed the hell out!! I don't know the circumstances of this jersey, but it is a 2013 issued jersey, home colors (perhaps manufactured before knowing if they would be wearing home or away?) and certainly a rare, one-of-a-kind. Neal could have easily put this up on Ebay for some serious coin but instead he gifted it to me.

So a special public thank you to Neal for his incredible generosity and kindness to gift me such an incredible relic I will cherish forever. I will see if I can get Russell to sign it and then it will be mounted and framed to forever adorn my office.

Neal, you rock star, thank you sincerely, what an incredible gift. Although I know you will say it's not necessary I would like to send you something just to show my appreciation. WOW! Just WOW!

authentic1.jpg

authentic2.jpg

authentic3.jpg

Laloosh

Reaction score
Clearly they operated on Neal's brain rather than his arm...

Congrats, Aros. That's pretty damn cool.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I knew it all along, underneath that grumpy veneer is a man with a heart. Albeit, a small, blackened one, but a heart nonetheless!

Very nice move Neal. And if anyone on here deserves such a gift, it's Todd, for all his years of starting .NET in the first place, and for keeping it afloat on his own dime and with countless hours of work sacrificed to .NET.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Nice!

Also, I believe that was Neal's official good deed quota for this century. The rest of us are screwed. :lol:

Anguish

Reaction score
So, the story behind this jersey:

One of my old co-workers wife is a Marketing mucky muck with Nike. She was at SBXLVIII doing whatever she does. This jersey was on a mannequin somewhere back in NY. She brought it back to her husband, who gave it to me. Being that he is no longer anywhere where I know how to get a hold of him, there's not much more that I've been able to glean about it. All I know is that it's as authentic as they come, and I couldn't think of a better place for it to live.

Enjoy!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
pmedic920":2g6580go said:
You going to wear it at the Game?

Well I was planning on it before realizing how rare and authentic it was, now I am not sure I want to risk bringing it with me and especially having some idiot Jets fan throw beer/food on it...But I want to show it off too! Quandry!

StoneCold

Reaction score
Aros":2etlt2sg said:
pmedic920":2etlt2sg said:

Well I was planning on it before realizing how rare and authentic it was, now I am not sure I want to risk bringing it with me and especially having some idiot Jets fan throw beer/food on it...But I want to show it off too! Quandry!

Very cool item. If it's really a field jersey, I say get it dirty. :)

Seymour

Reaction score
Damn....that was one nice gesture! But....I'm not feeling the power quite yet, who needs my address? :twisted:

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Aros":1y1eyxy6 said:
pmedic920":1y1eyxy6 said:

Considering the venue, you almost have to wear it this one time!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3pyaf89r said:
Considering the venue, you almost have to wear it this one time!

Ah ya see? That's a damn fine point right there.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Very Cool Aros/Anguish..Finally that "wheres the patch"thread can go..I'm happy for you but since it was free you should bring it's luck to the Jets game as we need that win..GO HAWKS!!! and Todds patch :lol:

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
That's as close as you'll get, but I'm not sure it's the exact same patch.
Incredible gesture, congrats.

Image zpsxvrgkjg9

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Anguish":2t28990u said:
So, the story behind this jersey:

One of my old co-workers wife is a Marketing mucky muck with Nike. She was at SBXLVIII doing whatever she does. This jersey was on a mannequin somewhere back in NY. She brought it back to her husband, who gave it to me. Being that he is no longer anywhere where I know how to get a hold of him, there's not much more that I've been able to glean about it. All I know is that it's as authentic as they come, and I couldn't think of a better place for it to live.

Enjoy!
A very cool thing to do bossman! :2thumbs:
Thanks for sharing the story, and thanks to Todd for bringing the subject up.

Enjoy the game Todd, hopefully the good guys pull out a W for ya!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":2nqdktd0 said:
Damn....that was one nice gesture! But....I'm not feeling the power quite yet, who needs my address? :twisted:
Sorry bro, I just gave away my Aaron Curry, and TJ whatsahisname Chinese knockoffs about 2 months ago.
Maybe next time. 8)