Jimmy G limited Wednesday and DNP today

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
He will probably be limited (knee) for the majority of the year. DNP today with added 'back' injury. Haven't seen reports on what it actually is.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
While admittedly only speculation, I have a feeling he overdid it a bit last week...I can't fathom anything other than an injury and recovery like he has been going through is no walk in the park. I honestly thought he wouldn't see the field until the 6th week of the season or so. I was, and remain floored he has been out there taking as many reps (and making the types of plays) he has already.

Hope it's not related but I suspect it is. Our top players should REST REST REST and not push it and over do it when they are dealing with injuries and rehabbing. I would hate to lose Jimmy and Russ for the season because their competitiveness gets the better of their judgement.

Okay off the pulpit. ;)

sutz

Reaction score
IIRC, he took at least one or two solid hits to the back. It'll be interesting when they put out the actual list of Probable/Questionable/etc..

Largent80

Reaction score
This is perfect, gives him some rest before Sunday because obviously he can ball out.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Maybe they are giving Vanett his reps and letting the big fella take a day off.

If him missing practice a few times over the season to rest helps him stay healthy all year sign me up.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Pete also tends to give veteran players more days off to "get right" as he puts it. I wouldn't worry about it too much yet.

sutz

Reaction score
Lynch got a day off almost every week, IIRC. It sure looked like Graham was in sync with Russ last Sunday. If he needs the rest, who am I to object.

Will still wait for the actual report, which I assume will list him as Probable.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
sutz":2m7uqvw6 said:
IIRC, he took at least one or two solid hits to the back.
Yes he did, it's surprising that this is the first suggestion about that.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Meh, he's resting. I fully expect him to ball out on Sunday.

Seymour

Reaction score
I'm hearing he is having a back problem, but nothing exact other than that.
Tight end Jimmy Graham (knee/back), who was limited Wednesday, was held out of Thursday's practice with the report adding a back injury in addition to the knee he had surgically repaired last season. More information on Graham's status should become available when head coach Pete Carroll meets with the media on Friday.

Geologic

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":3cwgl36i said:
Pete also tends to give veteran players more days off to "get right" as he puts it. I wouldn't worry about it too much yet.
I wish Russ took a day off to heal his knee. Warrior mentality makes him want to get every practice rep but damn rest up veteran.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aros":1neecach said:
While admittedly only speculation, I have a feeling he overdid it a bit last week...I can't fathom anything other than an injury and recovery like he has been going through is no walk in the park. I honestly thought he wouldn't see the field until the 6th week of the season or so. I was, and remain floored he has been out there taking as many reps (and making the types of plays) he has already.

Hope it's not related but I suspect it is. Our top players should REST REST REST and not push it and over do it when they are dealing with injuries and rehabbing. I would hate to lose Jimmy and Russ for the season because their competitiveness gets the better of their judgement.

Okay off the pulpit. ;)

Preach it Brother Aros...... now can we get an amen? :lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Geologic":1x96k0rg said:
West TX Hawk":1x96k0rg said:
I wish Russ took a day off to heal his knee. Warrior mentality makes him want to get every practice rep but damn rest up veteran.

He did, he took off Monday and Tuesday, full participant Wed/Thurs........walkthrough Friday and travel tomorrow. That's pretty much only two full days of going hard and four days off for treatment and rest.

Pete's one of the smartest coaches in the league when it comes to this stuff, he knows what he has to see to let players play.

If Graham or Russell can't go or are pushing themselves too hard, he'll reign them in.

IMO Graham not practicing yesterday is exactly this, Pete reigning him in to make sure he's ready Sunday.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
With JG the team will be very careful to ease him back into being a FT player and player who practices full time. I doubt there is much to this but time will tell.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
QUESTIONABLE:
DT Jarran Reed (hip)
RB CJ Prosise (wrist)
LB Mike Morgan (hip)
TE Nick Vannett (ankle)
DOUBTFUL:
None
OUT:
RB Thomas Rawls (fibula)

BLESSED: