Let's retire Revis!!!

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I still believe our team plays best with their backs against the wall! Remember back in the day when the East Coast media would talk about how Revis was the best not Sherm. Well I think the verdict is out now and it's about time Russ and Co begin the Revis retirement run! LOL, I hope Bevell's plan is to take it to Revis every play! Bombs away to Lockett if Revis is on him, I'd go Baldwin every chance I could if I was Russ and saw old man Revis on him! Let's Go!!!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
We retired butthead...er uh Browner....Revis or Beavis is next?????? :stirthepot:

Seymour

Reaction score
I'm sure Bevell is planning to attack Revis hard since we know they go straight after fans perceived weaknesses and the #1 goal is to raise Sherman to the top #1 status once and for all.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Seymour":2l25elc7 said:
I'm sure Bevell is planning to attack Revis hard since we know they go straight after fans perceived weaknesses and the #1 goal is to raise Sherman to the top #1 status once and for all.

I detect sarcasm here.

253hawk

Reaction score
Nothing would be greater than watching a UDFA torch Revis Int'l Airport all day.

2_0_6

Reaction score
We got to see ADB absolutely crap all over "Revis Island" a few years ago in SB49 and I expect much more of the same.

Seymour

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2mfcqlse said:
Seymour":2mfcqlse said:

I detect sarcasm here.

Well, maybe just a little. 8)

Seymour

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":k4metd33 said:
In my opinion, Baldwin is the best if not one of the best route runners in the game. He owned Revis during the superbowl. Stats might not tell the whole story but Baldwin was open all day.

http://www.hawkblogger.com/2015/02/doug ... relle.html

Owned Revis LOL? He didn't even own "his own crap" for weeks.
Pass the kool-aid along please. :179422: :179422:

For the record, I like Baldwin and last year I thought he made an effort to "grow up" and played well. But, I'm not ready to compare he and Largent in the same breath, nor re-write history out of blind love.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Revis is slightly on the limp and just maybe he won't be his usual self, however, he's still a formidable opponent and we should not get overconfident here.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":3umfdz77 said:
SeahawksFanForever":3umfdz77 said:
In my opinion, Baldwin is the best if not one of the best route runners in the game. He owned Revis during the superbowl. Stats might not tell the whole story but Baldwin was open all day.

For the record, I like Baldwin and last year I thought he made an effort to "grow up" and played well. But, I'm not ready to compare he and Largent in the same breath, nor re-write history out of blind love.

You've brought that up more than once recently, interesting behaviour. It's going in my notebook.

For the record, Baldwin was open plenty, but there was a popular article that exaggerated it with screenshots; which nearly never works because plays develop so quickly.

Woooh, one with gifs! :irishdrinkers:

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Seymour":18v4eeqr said:
SeahawksFanForever":18v4eeqr said:

Open the link to see all the gifs - He did own Revis in the superbowl with his route running. As I said, stats don't tell the whole story.

And, it's still early to compare him to Largent. I haven't done that and wouldn't do that, at least not yet.

Seymour

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":19n0k4g3 said:
Seymour":19n0k4g3 said:
SeahawksFanForever":19n0k4g3 said:

Open the link to see all the gifs - He did own Revis in the superbowl with his route running. As I said, stats don't tell the whole story.

And, it's still early to compare him to Largent. I haven't done that and wouldn't do that, at least not yet.

I don't need to, I saw the game. Anyone can show screen shots of players getting open. It can happen all the time once the play has been decided to go another direction and people start to peel off or smart players like Revis know the ball is not coming his way. No need to see this presentation of "new facts".

Stats don't tell "all" the story for sure. But ignoring them is not responsible either.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Revis isn't in his absolute prime anymore but it's not like he's suddenly a scrub either. Don't hesitate throwing his way when the situation is right but seeking Revis out? That's stupidity at it's finest.

Seymour

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1tmhdzqc said:
You've brought that up more than once recently, interesting behaviour. It's going in my notebook.

For the record, Baldwin was open plenty, but there was a popular article that exaggerated it with screenshots; which nearly never works because plays develop so quickly.

Nope I sure have NOT! I brought up the classless act itself once yes. Now I'm bringing up not owning the classless act which is immature act #2 to not own up to hurting your teammates in they game they work their entire life to get to.
Personally, that pizzed me off and concerned me more than the act, and it's in "my notebook".

RussB

Reaction score
Lockett and p rich can burn him so hard on a go route if he has no safety help.

kobebryant

Reaction score
One of the more enjoyable recent examples of a Hawk retiring a guy was Luke Willson-Larry Foote.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":4i42uesl said:
SomersetHawk":4i42uesl said:

Nope I sure have NOT! I brought up the classless act itself once yes. Now I'm bringing up not owning the classless act which is immature act #2 to not own up to hurting your teammates in they game they work their entire life to get to.
Personally, that pizzed me off and concerned me more than the act, and it's in "my notebook".

Chill dude, nobody's saying you have a scat fettish, although that's some classic denial right there, you did just reference it literally two days ago; semantics tantrics, pooh-pooh to yooh.

Seymour

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":363qx7uw said:
Seymour":363qx7uw said:
SomersetHawk":363qx7uw said:

Chill dude, nobody's saying you have a scat fettish, although that's some classic denial right there, you did just reference it literally two days ago; semantics tantrics, pooh-pooh to yooh.

So Sept. 27th was "literally 2 days ago". Boy you are on a roll. More exaggeration. This is going straight to the hard drive database. :idea:

253hawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":28u4ffgu said:
One of the more enjoyable recent examples of a Hawk retiring a guy was Luke Willson-Larry Foote.

And Wilson retiring Brian Urlacher.