Can Josh McDaniels & Belichick learn from Bevell & Carroll?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Patriots shut out at home by the Bills today... I just wondered given Seattle scored 27 road points against Revis and a fearsome Jets D-line despite the QB operating with a MCL strain and a high ankle sprain.

That's some damn near genius by the Seahawks staff there.

Maybe all those posts after the Pats-Houston game were off the mark -- maybe it's McDaniel and Belichick who can learn from Bevell and Carroll?

PS -- great offensive performance again despite a TON of stuff going against SEA with Wilson injured and Rawls out.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Too busy enjoying it to get caught up in the Bevell tug of war that seems to be an enphatuation around here.

HawkGA

Reaction score
You really need to get your snout out of Bevel's crotch.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, because the Pats would call a passing play with 1:50 left and the opponent with no timeouts.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Bevell made some great throws today, unlucky with a few read-option calls. Felt for sure he was going to break some big gains on the ground with one leg.

Bevell's got a target on his head and is under scrutiny all the time. Rightly or wrongly much of the offensive struggles are put on him, so equally he must share the credit when we succeed. We exploited some match-ups today, and were on more than not. Still can't get through a game without a couple of wtf plays, but that's become his schtick. As long as the good keeps outweighing the bad we're peachy.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":36742t3k said:
Yeah, because the Pats would call a passing play with 1:50 left and the opponent with no timeouts.

They'd probably be punting instead today...

Jerhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3nyza8d8 said:
Jerhawk":3nyza8d8 said:

So would the Hawks if Jake Heaps got the start today

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2hdznsdg said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2hdznsdg said:
Jerhawk":2hdznsdg said:

So would the Hawks if Jake Heaps got the start today

Mr. Serious has his Mr. Serious hat on today...

chris98251

Reaction score
Bevell attacked the weakness of the Cesnas today, the secondary, give him his due credit he actually went after a weakness, Wilson was under pressure a lot and was able to get the ball out pretty fast and we were doing pretty good with Blitz pick ups unless one of the O line were beaten, Sowell, Gilliam, when whiffing made it very obvious.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I think the obvious answer to the original question is no, probably not; unless Bevell and Carroll can share a new way to "gain competitive advantage" and not get caught, which is what Belichick will dial up after losing at home to the Bills.

razor150

Reaction score
Considering the Pats are 3-1 without Brady, no.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Laloosh":vntnaoxb said:
Too busy enjoying it to get caught up in the Bevell tug of war that seems to be an enphatuation around here.
Yep. I had a snarky reply all typed out, but I'm in too good of mood to get caught up in folks personal agendas.
The Hawks pretty much dominated the game outside of some flukey breaks and craptastic officiating, a very solid win on the road against a pretty good defense and came out pretty healthy.

Laloosh

Reaction score
OkieHawk":15ppqk2u said:
Laloosh":15ppqk2u said:

*infatuation
Go to hell, Opie.

I dun spell so gud.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3bdcltd8 said:
Laloosh":3bdcltd8 said:
Yep. I had a snarky reply all typed out, but I'm in too good of mood to get caught up in folks personal agendas.
The Hawks pretty much dominated the game outside of some flukey breaks and craptastic officiating, a very solid win on the road against a pretty good defense and came out pretty healthy.

It's not so much a 'personal agenda' as a gentle nudge to the mass hysteria of two weeks ago.

And if we're going to have a week of the sky is falling after ONE LOSS... a post or two offering some perspective doesn't seem such a bad thing to me.

Go Hawks :irishdrinkers:

sdog1981

Reaction score
Tom Cable is a good coach. Bevell is a good coach. But together they suck. 31 other Oline coaches and OC's would have this team 4-0 with a healthy Russell Wilson.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Patriots intentionally lost that game I think. Or just didn't really care that much, didn't want to go all out.

They want everyone healthy for the upcoming games against Cinci & Pittsburgh. Plus they probably don't want Rex Ryan fired, its better if they keep him and his mediocre ass around in the division. Patriots much prefer an incompetent 8-8 Rex Ryan year after year. Better then enemy you know rather than the one you don't know.