Seahawks are league's scariest team

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...h-say-3-1-seahawks-as-they-head-for-their-bye

"What's the best thing about these first four games?"

"That we're 3-1."

That's the scariest thing about it, too. The Seahawks saw their quarterback sprain his ankle in Week 1 and his knee in Week 3. Their starting running back, Thomas Rawls, has a broken bone in his leg. Graham, the big tight end, was a huge question mark coming off a patellar tendon tear. The offensive line, always an early-season nettle in the Pacific Northwest, wasn't at full strength until rookie first-rounder Germain Ifedi was finally healthy enough to join it Sunday. After the first two weeks of the season, they had exactly one touchdown.

But heading into their bye week, the Seahawks are 3-1. That soft rumble you heard was the rest of the NFC shuddering. Not only is this team 3-1 in spite of all that's gone wrong, but there's probably no team in the entire league that's more sure of itself.

........The result is one of the scariest teams in the league.

Russell wilson 620

White Devil

Reaction score
I think Pete likes it...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Nathan_12thMan/status/782724485715677184[/tweet]

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Its week 4. These early season proclamations scare me. The first half of last year we were an entirely different team from the 2nd half.

First half of last year the Patriots were crushing teams and then slowed down towards the end of the year.

Denver and New England also look like a cut above us. I know the Patriots lost but they were on a 3rd string QB. Denver is just getting it done every week. Rookie QB looked sick.

I like our chances but would rather us be the horse sitting behind early on rather than the media hyping us up now. That usually doesn't end well.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":z2ehyd8n said:
Its week 4. These early season proclamations scare me. The first half of last year we were an entirely different team from the 2nd half.

First half of last year the Patriots were crushing teams and then slowed down towards the end of the year.

Denver and New England also look like a cut above us. I know the Patriots lost but they were on a 3rd string QB. Denver is just getting it done every week. Rookie QB looked sick.

I like our chances but would rather us be the horse sitting behind early on rather than the media hyping us up now. That usually doesn't end well.
Good not to get hopes and expectations up too high but what has to scare other teams is that the Hawks have a lot of high octane gas still in the tank.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would like to see how we come off the bye week before I say scary, we reset a lot of times back to conservative, that's not what I want to see happen.

Hawks46

Reaction score
You guys crack me up. All we hear about in the preseason is "man, I wish we wouldn't always start so slow".

Then we go 3-1 and it's "gee, I know we're 3-1, but it kind of sucks that people are hyping us". I seriously doubt the Seahawks players really care if they're getting hype or not. They're still going to go out and work hard. There's not a guy on our squad that doesn't understand that John Schneider and his scouts are combing the college ranks looking for someone to replace them.

I'm happy that we didn't start slow, that the rest of the division isn't lighting it up, and the Cardinals seem to have tons of issues. The Cards are the first, and maybe biggest step in us getting home field advantage. And that wouldn't suck, would it ? Anyone? Blitzer? BLIZTER ?? :irishdrinkers:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Horse puckey. For all this talk of "The Hawks play better with a chip on their shoulder and feel disrespected," the reality is they play best when they have a heart full of swagger and a head full of confidence.

I see both coming back to Sherman and Thomas and the rest of the defense. The offense is hitting its stride earlier this year. A little rest and then back at it.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Hawks46":1e1y134h said:
You guys crack me up. All we hear about in the preseason is "man, I wish we wouldn't always start so slow".

Then we go 3-1 and it's "gee, I know we're 3-1, but it kind of sucks that people are hyping us". I seriously doubt the Seahawks players really care if they're getting hype or not. They're still going to go out and work hard. There's not a guy on our squad that doesn't understand that John Schneider and his scouts are combing the college ranks looking for someone to replace them.

I'm happy that we didn't start slow, that the rest of the division isn't lighting it up, and the Cardinals seem to have tons of issues. The Cards are the first, and maybe biggest step in us getting home field advantage. And that wouldn't suck, would it ? Anyone? Blitzer? BLIZTER ?? :irishdrinkers:

You rang?

Honestly, I like that we are 3-1 and done so went not 100%. Just gotta keep improving from week to week and not letting down. Running game needs to improve and hopefully it will as the o-line continues to get time together.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":xqdgx1sl said:
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...h-say-3-1-seahawks-as-they-head-for-their-bye

"What's the best thing about these first four games?"

"That we're 3-1."

That's the scariest thing about it, too. The Seahawks saw their quarterback sprain his ankle in Week 1 and his knee in Week 3. Their starting running back, Thomas Rawls, has a broken bone in his leg. Graham, the big tight end, was a huge question mark coming off a patellar tendon tear. The offensive line, always an early-season nettle in the Pacific Northwest, wasn't at full strength until rookie first-rounder Germain Ifedi was finally healthy enough to join it Sunday. After the first two weeks of the season, they had exactly one touchdown.

But heading into their bye week, the Seahawks are 3-1. That soft rumble you heard was the rest of the NFC shuddering. Not only is this team 3-1 in spite of all that's gone wrong, but there's probably no team in the entire league that's more sure of itself.

........The result is one of the scariest teams in the league.

Russell wilson 620

I want another crack at the Rams...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
White Devil":2cb89nm7 said:
I think Pete likes it...

Tom Brady just pooped his pants.

Mwahahahaha.

BAHAHAHAHAHA

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I think we're actually the team people want to face the least. When looking at the Vikings you'll have a very hard time scoring on them but their offense isn't anything to write home about either or look at the Falcons with their completely opposite situation, elite offense but non-existent D.

A case could be made for the Broncos but they look to be at pretty much 100% except for maybe Lynch and/or Siemian getting more confident. We're just getting back to form with all these injuries nagging at us.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We'll see how they do the rest of October. The Seahawks have been terrible every single October since Pete Carroll became the coach. Even in the years when their record was OK (like 2013), they played some of their worst football in that month. Yesterday was a good sign that maybe they are ready to buck the trend. If they can keep playing like this into November (when they usually start to take off), then watch out.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Ahhh Go read the comments on that article. That will get you fired up.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Before the season started, I thought our best case likely scenario was to be 3-1 at the break with an expected loss to LA in week two.

I didn't envision that the rest of the NFC would implode under the weight of expectations as front runners.

This team is mentally tough and tested. Supremely capable of owning front runner status and absorbing opponents' 'Super Bowl' efforts against us on a week to week basis.

These first four weeks have resulted in far better results than I could have really envisaged. We are right in the hip pocket of the conference leaders. With our soft spot of the schedule coming up. Getting healthier by the week. Displaying the hunger of a championship team. And incorporating a thick mix of newcomers into the league. By mid season when the schedule starts getting hard -- we're going to have a full team of guys who are ready to contribute at all levels. Our proven formula for finishing out the season stretch in full championship form. We can now plainly recognize our intentional early season formula for what it is. To prepare for the end grind so we're deeper than every opponent and playing our best ball when the pressure forces others to wilt.

The fact that we're not chasing down early front runners with multiple game advantages on us is gravy. This season is just absolutely ripe for us to reclaim the #1 seed. And barring catastrophic injury I see this as actually likely now.

NINEster

Reaction score
Beat the Patriots at Gillette, and I will start a thread myself that Seahawks are league's scariest team.

Promise.

#ButDrCarrollHasToDeliverFirst

gowazzu02

Reaction score
NINEster":36605cq1 said:
Beat the Patriots at Gillette, and I will start a thread myself that Seahawks are league's scariest team.

Promise.

#ButDrCarrollHasToDeliverFirst

Meh, that game would be a nice to have. But since we took care of bidness vs Miami, and @jets, it's not a must win for HFA.

NE and Denver both look really good. But the beauty is we only have to worry about one of them where we're goin.

Largent80

Reaction score
Atlanta is all pumped up, then they look at going to Denver then a rested Hawks. POP, bubble just burst Falcons.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":1ga46o2y said:
Atlanta is all pumped up, then they look at going to Denver then a rested Hawks. POP, bubble just burst Falcons.

I won't lie, Atlanta's offense especially how Ryan is playing out of his mind scares me a little. But yeah, I think Denver's defense is going to beat the hell out of that offense and then they gotta come all the way here after our bye week?

Russel should also hang 40 on that terrible defense.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":hpo5mpyh said:
White Devil":hpo5mpyh said:
I think Pete likes it...

Tom Brady just pooped his pants.

Mwahahahaha.

BAHAHAHAHAHA

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The "white haired party animal" still has it. :2thumbs: