Nice game called by Bevell today

seabowl

Reaction score
Give credit where credit is due. For the most part he had Russ getting the ball out quick and even his bubble screens worked with Graham as the blocker (yes he can block and is good at it). Certainly helps that the OL played well but overall nice game called by "Fire Bevell".

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
For the most part, yes. But the passes at the end when we should have been running out the clock were horrible.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I thought Bevell called a hell of a game. There was quite a few wrinkles that we don't normally see, one of which was the Baldwin screen where Graham was out wide and blocking a CB. Graham on a CB ? Sick.

mrt144

Reaction score
Some really inspired plays and action. Couple of 'ehhhhhhh,okay' but overall felt good about it. Spiller is a good addition to do what they do.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":3qgl3s1j said:
For the most part, yes. But the passes at the end when we should have been running out the clock were horrible.

:ditto: For the most part, his playcalling was on point. Did a great job utilizing Graham. Passing at the end was head scratching

Marlin Man

Reaction score
yeah I guess the dumb ass is learning, maybe in another 5-7 years he will have it figured out?????

Polk738

Reaction score
I was very impressed, I liked the use of Graham and taking advantage of they're crap secondary-I knew we wouldn't be able to run the ball much on that line, the only WTF? play I can remember was a read option keeper-I just remember thinking "FFS Bevel the guy is STILL hobbled why are you calling read option plays?"

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Honestly, it's unfortunate that the best you can say about his play calling is that it didn't suck as much as usual for the most part. C'mon people, expect excellence not mediocrity!

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Bevells life matters!
In all seriousness though hell of a game plan by bevell. I saw Wilson step up in the pocket for what seemed like the first time ever and deliver a strike. Almost brought a tear to my eye!

Laloosh

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":3csgnekv said:
Bevells life matters!
In all seriousness though hell of a game plan by bevell. I saw Wilson step up in the pocket for what seemed like the first time ever and deliver a strike. Almost brought a tear to my eye!
First time ever, eh?

He also got smashed for stepping up into the pocket when Glow couldn't hold his block.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I love the narrative that Bevell is some sort of schizophrenic omnipotent force behind our offense. It's nonsense but that just makes it more entertaining.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Laloosh":k4tzx2e9 said:
hawksincebirth":k4tzx2e9 said:
Bevells life matters!
First time ever, eh?

He also got smashed for stepping up into the pocket when Glow couldn't hold his block.

Of course not the first time ever, but we don't see Wilson climb the ladder in the pocket often. Point is it was awesome to see! :2thumbs:

formido

Reaction score
More to do with shift in philosophy, probably by Carroll. The thing that has normally held Seattle back in games like this is mindlessly pounding the ball into a dominant defensive line on 1st and 2nd down through the first 3 quarters before moving to the spread late and demanding Wilson save the day again.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AgentDib":1d8kzjuv said:
I love the narrative that Bevell is some sort of schizophrenic omnipotent force behind our offense. It's nonsense but that just makes it more entertaining.

That's how it works in NFL fandom.

Lose = fire the coordinators!
Win = Man those players sure played great!

Wait, what happened to the coordinators?