Was his hand going forward?

Mick063

Reaction score
The ball went forward with enough velocity to travel about ten yards. I don't know how it can go that far without forward motion.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Mick063":1sdepsvl said:
The ball went forward with enough velocity to travel about ten yards. I don't know how it can go that far without forward motion.
Clearly that was just the wind.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
HE was losing the grip when his arm was back.. any forward motion is just a result of his arm following his shoulders. I thought it was a good call, unfortunate but good.

Steve2222

Reaction score
It was the right call.

The fumble on the Jets opening drive that stood as an incomplete pass however, wasn't.

OP
OP
B

BChawkfan

Reaction score
Steve2222":108hpgka said:
It was the right call.

The fumble on the Jets opening drive that stood as an incomplete pass however, wasn't.

Agreed, definitely a catch and fumble

OP
OP
B

BChawkfan

Reaction score
BChawkfan":37mhtmr6 said:
I thought it was

I'm asking because I heard someone yell into the refs mic."his hand was going forward " during the broadcast. It sounded like Sherman to me

Bobblehead

Reaction score
BChawkfan":1hq6k9zb said:
BChawkfan":1hq6k9zb said:
I thought it was

I'm asking because I heard someone yell into the refs mic."his hand was going forward " during the broadcast. It sounded like Sherman to me
Thomas.

253hawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BigDaddysCourt/status/782671287835586560[/tweet]

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think it was the right call. How they saw that in real time though? Skeptical.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Mick063":uge49qz3 said:

I'd agree, and almost all of the time that's an incomplete pass due to the trajectory of the ball. It's probably why Wright just stood there instead of tackling that guy.

Watching the replay, it sure looked like a fumble. His arm never really went forward.

Sign37now

Reaction score
Mick063":24r7876z said:

I was pissed at first but looking at the replay his forearm was hit so hard it looked like his hand flopped forward and it flung the ball out there. if we had recovered and they called it a forward pass, we would be going crazy..

Kind of like me on that BS PI call on Sherm when he was pushed 5 yards from the play...But I digress......

Laloosh

Reaction score
What's worse... if that play had occurred just 25 seconds further into the game, ball would have been down where recovered by rule.

chevelle03

Reaction score
Laloosh":ozk8ioj1 said:
What's worse... if that play had occurred just 25 seconds further into the game, ball would have been down where recovered by rule.

This!

The rules of the game should be the same for the entire game. In this case I think it should always be called the way it is in the last 2 mins. Why should the fumbling team ever benefit from their own fumble?

byau

Reaction score
He got hit before his arm was moving forward, but looks like the arm following through forward is what helped the ball travel that far. So do you count when he gets hit or when he loses the ball?

Either way, glad it happened because we wouldn't have had the golden Earl moment without it :D

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
What disappointed me the most was not the call being correct but the fact that the defense did not react as if it was a fumble. This defense has always been about opportunity and playing through the whistle. No matter what the true ruling ends up being players are taught to react until they hear a whistle. Seemed to me there was only one player that did that and he played for the Jets. Wrong call or not. The result is the fault of the defense and no one else. A missed opportunity at a turnover.

canfan

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2rd8ft9r said:
HE was losing the grip when his arm was back.. any forward motion is just a result of his arm following his shoulders. I thought it was a good call, unfortunate but good.

This

ACFan

Reaction score
always look at what the ball does, it went forward after only touching the QB's hands.

should have been incomplete pass IMO, doesn't matter he was beginning to lose control, unless there is a rule I'm unaware of, that a forward pass is only legal if the QB demonstrates complete control of the ball for the entire throwing motion. the ball went forward BECAUSE of the QB's hand.

what would have been really interesting is if a lineman on the ground would have caught that.

would they rule illegal reception or fumble recovery? I bet the former.