Michael, Mcevoy, and Spiller!

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Let that soak in. Those are who scored TD's for us yesterday! Michael is our backup running back, Mcevoy I didn't even think was still on the team, and Spiller signed 2 days prior! Wow, Russ can turn anybody into a "player"! We've got fans complaining that Russ should of sat and he's just like watch me spread this offense around!!!

sutz

Reaction score
Well, in all fairness, with Rawls out Michael is the "temporary" starter. ;)

But yeah, it's nice that we can get production from guys deeper on the depth chart overall.

:2thumbs:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Meh, Rawls is going to need to earn some reps back at this point. He'll be given plenty of opportunities to see what's there in 5 weeks or, but after a few weeks he'll likely end up as the change up/power back, which is good...we won't keep 5 and it will likely push Collins out of that role.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
C Mike came close to also catching a beautifully thrown pass for a TD to the left. He was caught a little unaware this time but it's a play worth looking forward to seeing them go for again.

Graham was a step late in recognizing the play in a similar situation so there's that play to look forward to, too.

edit: RW just barely missed Luke downfield on what looked like a sure (long) TD had they been just 6 inches tighter.

SirTed

Reaction score
I know Spiller and Collins don't fit the same profile, but I would really hope that when Rawls comes back, it's Collins that's cut and not Spiller. I know everything is sunshine and rainbows right now because of the win, but I continue to be totally lost in what anyone sees with Collins at this level. Any snap he gets seems an absolute waste to me.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SirTed":2rx5uuvb said:
I know Spiller and Collins don't fit the same profile, but I would really hope that when Rawls comes back, it's Collins that's cut and not Spiller. I know everything is sunshine and rainbows right now because of the win, but I continue to be totally lost in what anyone sees with Collins at this level. Any snap he gets seems an absolute waste to me.

It'll be interesting to see what Pete does when Rawls comes back, especially if Spiller keeps producing like this.

Not just with Spiller/Rawls/Collins.........but with the starting RB job.

Pete said in week 2 Rawls was the starter, but I don't think he says that anymore, even when Rawls is healthy. IMO it's gonna be the other way around, Rawls is going to have to prove it again in limited carries.

ivotuk

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":34dfv5ku said:
C Mike came close to also catching a beautifully thrown pass for a TD to the left. He was caught a little unaware this time but it's a play worth looking forward to seeing them go for again.

Graham was a step late in recognizing the play in a similar situation so there's that play to look forward to, too.

edit: RW just barely missed Luke downfield on what looked like a sure (long) TD had they been just 6 inches tighter.

Just think the score could have been much more disproportional.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Cmik will be the starter when Rawls comes back. Rawls will first need to get back to 100 and even then I'm not sure he beats out Michael. Rawls was pretty meh in the first games while Cmike is a top 10 RB right now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Overseasfan":22oqgaxs said:
Cmik will be the starter when Rawls comes back. Rawls will first need to get back to 100 and even then I'm not sure he beats out Michael. Rawls was pretty meh in the first games while Cmike is a top 10 RB right now.

Yep, good problem to have!

Rawls, C-Mike, Collins, Spiller.............and don't forget Prosise is coming back at some point.

Pete's a very "if it ain't broke don't fix it" kinda guy. So me thinks unless we go 1-2 weeks of poor RB play, it 's going to remain C-Mike, Collins and Spiller on 3rd downs until further notice with Rawls sprinkled in if he's back and healthy for two series each half kinda thing.

Hawks46

Reaction score
ivotuk":lubzljim said:
LeftHandSmoke":lubzljim said:

Just think the score could have been much more disproportional.

It shoul've been. We had a fluke fumble return for a TD against us, and Richard's typical soft zone and 3 man rush at the end of the half/game. I don't get that guy.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2rddc4u3 said:
SirTed":2rddc4u3 said:

It'll be interesting to see what Pete does when Rawls comes back, especially if Spiller keeps producing like this.

Not just with Spiller/Rawls/Collins.........but with the starting RB job.

Pete said in week 2 Rawls was the starter, but I don't think he says that anymore, even when Rawls is healthy. IMO it's gonna be the other way around, Rawls is going to have to prove it again in limited carries.

5 RBs on the 53 and we are throwing the ball over 30 times a game?? I don't see it. If and when they are all healthy Collins is the odd man out. I could also see Procise getting some snaps playing outside in a Golden Tate sort of Role.

formido

Reaction score
Those guys are all extremely talented players, though. The fact that the offense has this much special talent is the incredible part. McEvoy is rumored to have run a 4.3 40 at 6'6", Michael may be the most athletically gifted RB in football, and Spiller was picked 10th overall in his draft, not even especially long ago -- he certainly looked like he had plenty in his tank when he got his two touches yesterday.

Then Richardson, who was 40% of Colorado's offense and has looked exciting the more targets he gets. Lockett, Baldwin, Jimmy Graham, perhaps Vannett, Rawls with 5.9 ypc on a pretty big sample last year?

When Willson and clutch Kearse are your worst skill players, you're doing pretty well.

The offensive line is better.

We're throwing on 1st and 2nd downs, thank Carroll.

This offense is really dangerous.

PS - If only they could do something about Sowell. C'mon Fant!

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I dont think Rawls will lose his starting job. He will start off with limited reps first few games back (ala Jimmy Graham). The two will be a one two punch and by end of season they will have a crafty nickname. Imagine Rawls punishing the defense for a while then put Cmike out there and just burn by them. Oh the sweet goodness. Plus Spiller as added bonus. Like others have said what a great problem to have.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2e7lzjg5 said:
I dont think Rawls will lose his starting job. He will start off with limited reps first few games back (ala Jimmy Graham). The two will be a one two punch and by end of season they will have a crafty nickname. Imagine Rawls punishing the defense for a while then put Cmike out there and just burn by them. Oh the sweet goodness. Plus Spiller as added bonus. Like others have said what a great problem to have.
Bingo, frightening!

SeaChat

Reaction score
I haven't forgotten how awesome Rawls was when he was healthy, there isn't another running back in the NFL that could compare. My biggest concern about him at this point is his bone mass and health. It seems where his weakness lies. While allowing to rehab from his most recent injury I hope they are examining this subject and providing with some course of treatment to help improve his ability to withstand the beating running backs take out there, and avoid any more bone and joint related injuries. If they can do that for him there is a really good chance that he will resume his position as the lead RB for the Hawks. This is not to discount the contribution that Christian is making, he has come a long ways and is doing a phenomenal job this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jville

Reaction score
Prior to the arrival of Spiller, no running back had contributed diddly to special teams. C.J. Spiller participated in 3 special team snaps verses the Jets. The rest? Still nothing.

CHawk

Reaction score
Rawls should drink some nono bubbles are what ever it called

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
CHawk":1jtzy1u9 said:
Rawls should drink some nono bubbles are what ever it called
Russ probably has him strapped down somewhere with a funnel in his mouth.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

I just want to see that play-action wheel route pass from across the formation again. We used to destroy the Cards and the Niners with that play. At one time, I referred to it as "the play".

You remember... Fake handoff and a roll to the right with the line pushing right and receiver routes all sprouting from the right, then a lob back across the entire mess to a wide open Marshawn on the left.

Love that play.