Allow me some Hyperbole for a moment. Regarding RW

gowazzu02

Reaction score
So we're going into the Bye week. We have some time to kill. Let me pose this question for you? Is RW the best QB in Seahawks franchise history??? I think we can already answer that question YES. Yes we had a HOF qb in Warren Moon, but he was with the hawks in his twilight years, his best was not in Hawks Blue.

Now my next question. Assuming RW stays on his current arc. And continues to improve. Started as a rook, first few games that year he was sheltered, then the Chicago game happened. The next year he gets us to and wins a Superbowl. He gets us back. Then last year half way through the year he becomes the nails pocket passer we saw.

Then this year, on two bad legs, puts the offense on his back. That will be a game that is talked about when looking at RW's career. We all knew he could be a dominant pocket passer. But yesterdays game showed the world what we've known for over a year now.

So hyperbole or not. Is RW on his way to Canton???

sutz

Reaction score
Quite possible. Lot of quality football to be played before I worry much about that.

Looking at accomplishments, yes he probably is the best QB in Seahawks history. He has more SB visits and more wins than any other QB. Sorry, love ya Matty H, but facts is facts. I'm hoping for at least 6-10 more years of this before we worry about yellow jackets, though.

;)

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
I was sold on Russell after the Atlanta divisional game loss. He is such a baller. Even after losing the way the hawks did, he was looking forward to the next opportunity. He strives to win. With Lynch gone, this is his team now. Barring any serious injuries to him, I see some MVP considerations, and Canton in his future

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Yes he's the best Hawks QB ever.
Yes he's headed to Canton (barring career ender).

After the Chicago game his rookie season, I "knew". Waited 36 years for my team to finally have a truly elite QB.

He still at times tries too much to make something happen rather than throw the ball away (once yesterday that almost cost us FG range) but there has been improvement in that area and I think it will continue. The very greatest are never perfect either though. He will continue to grow (bad pun intended) & improve.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think it'll depend on how many more rings Russell gets, and if he can continue to play hurt into his 30's like he is now.

If no more rings and these type of sprains and injuries start knocking him out for long stretches? Then the HOF is iffy.

But dude's one of the toughest most focused competitors I've ever seen play in this league........so I sure as hell wouldn't bet against him.

RussB

Reaction score
He is the best hawks QB ever and thats with all due respect to guys like hasselbeck and warren moon. Wilson will be a first ballot hall of famer unless he get the injury bug. Hes only getting better with every season and i think he will win more championships with this team. Possibly this year.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
The future will depend on many things including his supporting cast but I heard on radio that since Week 10 of last year he has 30 TDs and 3 INTs. That arguably makes him the hottest QB in the entire NFL.

Did any previous Hawks QB ever have a streak to match this?

Steve2222

Reaction score
If he continues this play for the next 10 years he will undoubtedly be a HoFer and he is already the best QB in franchise history.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Largent80":31orfodh said:
ivotuk":31orfodh said:
The only thing that can stop him is injury.

Which has proven to be false in 2 weeks time.

LEt's all knock on wood on that. Theres a difference between gutting it out on a sprained knee and some of the other terrible things that could happen. Im not even going to type them

Hawks46

Reaction score
Best in Seahawks history ? Yes.

HOF ? He's already on that trajectory. He doesn't even really have to get better, just consistently maintain the level he's at.

Think about it: he already has the best winning % in his first 5 years. Hyperbole was that it was the defense the entire time, but looking at his QB rating, it's also HOF level and coming close to record breaking. His stats will add up, as he didn't sit for a while like Rodgers, and he's currently a top 3 QB in today's age of passing and elite QB's.

He puts in 12 years total, and the rest at the level he's playing at now.....it's a lock. The only QB he's behind in rushing stats is Newton, and Newton won't have the longevity if he keeps running it like he does. Throw in record breaking wins, winning %, and QB rating, you'll have the HOF. First ballot, no question.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Here's yet another "all time" stat by Wilson in his career: (pulled from an article on .com)

"Wilson finished the game 23-of-32 passing for 309 yards and three touchdowns. He now has 25 career games with multiple touchdown passes and no interceptions, the most by a player in NFL history in his first five seasons to begin a career. In six games against AFC East opponents, Wilson has a 5-1 record and has totaled 15 touchdowns (12 passing, three on the ground)"

This is only a quarter of the way through his 5th season, but if you cut it right here, 1/3 of Wilson's games he has multiple TD's and NO INT's. That's way too much to be beating up on bad teams. We've also been the division with the best overall average defenses in the league for Wilson's entire tenure, which makes that even more amazing.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
His Faith in God makes me scratch my head sometimes but Geezus it's easy to argue how Blessed we are. I'd almost take a bullet for him.

Screw the over-used 'Elite' word, the guy is Generational, he's already in there with Farve.

chet380

Reaction score
RW's injuries appear to have taken away his signature move -- spinning left or right to avoid a sack and often being able to get open to complete a spectacular pass. Given his dedication to rehabbing his injuries, it seems likely that he will be back to 95-100%, but if he can't fully recuperate, ....

As well, it was surprising that he was unable to outrun a DL yesterday.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
chris98251":2ns347im said:
Talk to me in 5 more years.
Okay, check back with us who followed and relished the current hot streak, we'll let you know if he stayed Russell or not .. ;)

Sealake80

Reaction score
I have no doubt in my mind that Wilson is first ballot HOF. It is known. Wilson is the #1 QB. Period. It's really about character and adaptability. Football skills are a given.

I feel a message coming.....

:les:

When all is said and done Wilson will deliver 9 championships. 7 for our beloved Seahawks. Snatching another from our Jaws for a rival team that's identity remains shrouded in mystery, for now. Much is known and much will be revealed. The power and the gift.