RB position with Prosise and Rawls coming back

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how they handle Prosise (sounds like next game) and Rawls (a few weeks away at least) getting back.

No adjustments need to be made to the active roster, as Prosise and Rawls are both already on it.

So we will have Michael, Rawls, Spiller, Prosise, Collins. Obviously, Collins is the odd man out, and will likely be relegated to being inactive weekly barring an injury with someone else.

What I am interested to see is can Prosise carve out meaningful snaps, especially with Spiller here now? I know Pete loves him...

Will we see Michael and Rawls splitting snaps, AND Spiller and Prosise splitting 3rd down duties...?

HawkerD

Reaction score
I could see Collins getting waived and maybe get on the PS. From what I have seen from him there are a lot of his type around the league and even on the street.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think we are going to look back at the CJ Spiller pick up at the end of a very successful year (hint, hint) and see what a "on the money move" that it was. A veteran back with speed that still "has it" and you are adding that to a real young RB crew.

It's going to pay off big time in that young RB room.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm think Prosise better make the most of his opportunities.

Hawks46

Reaction score
After seeing his speed, I'm loving the Spiller pick up. He can also relieve Lockett for returner duties. Lockett is being a warrior, but he's clearly about 75% and just needs to get healed up.

I would say that Prosise adds a between the tackles element that Spiller lacks, but for a pure 3rd down back, I actually prefer Spiller.

Collins just isn't picking it up quickly. He blew a protection against Richardson last game. It's not like Sheldon Richardson coming off the wide 9 spot should beat Collins from a quickness stand point, and if he does, Collins isn't fast enough to play in this league.

King Dog

Reaction score
I think Prosise is gonna take a back seat to Spiller. Those hands on the td catch and speed on that third and forever run look real promising.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The third down stuff is really where it gets interesting when those Prosise comes back, I agree. Spiller has a ton of experience with it, but Michael has become a monster of a pass blocker to the point where he's cleanly winning against 3-4 OLBs and you can see the trust earned there by RW. He also had 5 catches yesterday as well. Then on top of all of that you have Prosise and I'm sure Pete still has plans for him.

The expectation is indeed that Collins ends up on the PS for me, but one injury changes that and we're still weeks away from Rawls coming back and still trying to get his feet under him to boot. Things can change, but we won't keep 5.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I would "redshirt" Prosise.

Keep him on the roster but only use for emergency. He had a hamstring issue in preseason and now a broken wrist. A hamstring strain seems to be an injury that always affects a player, especially an RB, through an entire season. Not sure the severity of his, but I've seen too many NFL players rendered ineffective for an entire year because of an early-season hamstring issue. On top of that, a broken wrist for a pass-catching RB is basically the last thing you want to see.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":uxs351yq said:
I think we are going to look back at the CJ Spiller pick up at the end of a very successful year (hint, hint) and see what a "on the money move" that it was. A veteran back with speed that still "has it" and you are adding that to a real young RB crew.

It's going to pay off big time with in that young RB room.
Well, the big thing is CMike. It's likely he's gone, so keeping both CJ's is likely, especially if Spiller excels.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2jssa7v2 said:

Keep him on the roster but only use for emergency. He had a hamstring issue in preseason and now a broken wrist. A hamstring strain seems to be an injury that always affects a player, especially an RB, through an entire season. Not sure the severity of his, but I've seen too many NFL players rendered ineffective for an entire year because of an early-season hamstring issue. On top of that, a broken wrist for a pass-catching RB is basically the last thing you want to see.
This.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
DavidSeven":mw5fhinq said:

I tend to agree, but the way Pete gushes about Prosise makes me think that won't happen.

I thought signing Spiller would have indicated that was likely as well. But he's still on the 53.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Until Procise and AC get meaningful time in the right game situations, it's premature to count either one out.

Nice depth choices there, especially once Rawls hits the field hard - something we most definitely can count on.

ACFan

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3gat2ihy said:
Until Procise and AC get meaningful time in the right game situations, it's premature to count either one out.

thank you

sutz

Reaction score
Well, Prosise and Spiller have similar skillsets, not identical, but similar. Hopefully some other event at another position doesn't force a choice here prematurely. 5RB is a bit deep, so if we need a pickup elsewhere, this it where the roster spot is likely to come from.

Seafan

Reaction score
Largent80":1r6vnser said:
I can't wait to get a healthy Prosise into this offense.

I agree except from what I saw on the field Spiller looks like a faster version.

Collins might be a good fullback, I wouldn't mind the Hawks trying him in some two back sets.

Problems, problems, problems. The good kind.

HawkGA

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2poajiz4 said:

This. Though I'm not sure he even goes active. I could see him getting it's. I think spiller takes his spot.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Why waste our time with Prosise?He has been hurt the last 4 years of football and it's various injuries.You know how PRich seemed to well this guy is worse.He has some talent but it's never going to be on Spillers level because he will get hurt again and again.I'm sorry if I'm a downer but I have been watching this guy since he was in South Bend.We are better off just signing CMike and Spiller for next year and keeping Rawls.We do give up on a early pick but it happens and never should we be drafting one that early anyway.