Lynch and Burkhart

capncrunch

Reaction score
Like most of us I catch every game on TV. Even if I go to the game I have it recorded for later viewing. I have very much enjoyed the broadcasting team of John Lynch and Kevin Burkhart these past two games. Like many booth combos there is one ex-NFL player. I wouldn't necessarily say Pam Oliver is my favorite on-field reporter but I don't have a problem with her either. I would like to hear other people's opinions on this team. Lynch made some very good points about Graham, Sherman, Michael, Shead and others. I don't think I would hear any kind of comments on a lesser known guy like Shead from Buck or most of the others. I hope we get more of these two. Anyone else?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
I listened to Rabe and Moon instead but was impressed by the graphic showing how Sherm (27) has only now passed Lynch (25) in career INTs. He must for sure understand the game well.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
John Lynch is a Hall of Fame safety, played at Stanford and was also part of a generational defense.

For those reasons, I think he has really come to know many of our notable players -- especially Earl and Kam (safeties), Sherman and Baldwin (Stanford) -- better than most color analysts. He also "gets" what makes a great defense tick, and Lynch/Burkhart have covered a lot of Seattle games during the team's rise. So, there is a real sense of familiarity and informed analysis when those guys cover the team. Probably what makes it good.

Hawks46

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3g2r155s said:
I listened to Rabe and Moon instead but was impressed by the graphic showing how Sherm (27) has only now passed Lynch (25) in career INTs. He must for sure understand the game well.

Well this was for Stanford guys that made the NFL, but the cool thing was that Lynch basically said "I love it that he broke my record as he really deserves it and knows how to play the game right".

I like these guys as well. Burkhart gets excited as a play by play buy and doesn't fall prey to the monotones that some guys do.

Lynch as a color guy is great, he's knowledgeable, personable and very well spoken.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Anyone else get the feeling that the quality of a broadcast is in general related to the result?

Have to agree these guys are some of the better ones.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3llplykk said:

Fun fact: Sherm now has 28 interceptions in his NFL career, the same amount as Revis (who obviously has several years more than Sherm).

Looking forward to going to Canton one day and seeing the busts of Sherm, Earl, Kam, Russ, Marshawn, Jimmy and Wagz.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I have no problem with them better than having Seahawk hater Troy Aikmen.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Burkhardt is so smooth as a PBP guy and Lynch is just outstanding at X's and O's. They're my favorite NFL crew by far.

nategreat

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2567dxc2 said:
LeftHandSmoke":2567dxc2 said:

Fun fact: Sherm now has 28 interceptions in his NFL career, the same amount as Revis (who obviously has several years more than Sherm).

Looking forward to going to Canton one day and seeing the busts of Sherm, Earl, Kam, Russ, Marshawn, Jimmy and Wagz.

I expect Jimmy to go in as a Saint, but maybe not...