Well That Was Fun

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sitting at Newark Airport waiting to fly back home. What a great time. Took my son Shandon to the game. Jets fans treated us 12s good. I think there is a shared empathy between fan bases. Both have suffered mightily over the years.

Russell Wilson is a freak of nature. If we aren't top 3 in the rankings it's fixed. The division is ours for the taking with the Cardinals going South and no way will the Rams continue on their current trajectory.

Good lord the refs sucked.

Getting a lot of props from people over here on the Hawks. People know we have a hell of a team.

Sadly I didn't meet up with NyCoug or Leif pre game. His phone died and I didn't know where they were. Still had a great time tailgating with my son's friends who are Jets fans. Their confidence going into the game wasn't high. I remember those years.

Let's heal up this bye week and come out on fire against the Falcons. Let's bring this show to Houston.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh btw, we 12's represented VERY well! I can't believe how loud we were in the 4th quarter chanting SEA! HAWKS!

These are the golden years folks. Enjoy the ride.

Seymour

Reaction score
Aros":1jhi0510 said:
Sitting at Newark Airport waiting to fly back home. What a great time. Took my son Shandon to the game. Jets fans treated us 12s good. I think there is a shared empathy between fan bases. Both have suffered mightily over the years.

Russell Wilson is a freak of nature. If we aren't top 3 in the rankings it's fixed. The division is ours for the taking with the Cardinals going South and no way will the Rams continue on their current trajectory.

Good lord the refs sucked.

Getting a lot of props from people over here on the Hawks. People know we have a hell of a team.

Sadly I didn't meet up with NyCoug or Leif pre game. His phone died and I didn't know where they were. Still had a great time tailgating with my son's friends who are Jets fans. Their confidence going into the game wasn't high. I remember those years.

Let's heal up this bye week and come out on fire against the Falcons. Let's bring this show to Houston.

NFL.com has us at #4 this morning. Sounds fair to me.

1) Denver
2) Vikings
3) Patriots
4) Seahawks......

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ankings-week-5-denver-broncos-claim-no-1-spot

253hawk

Reaction score
Reading the Jets forums, it sounds like a lot of them couldn't believe how many Seahawks fans there were.

Rankings:

Washington Post - 4
SB Nation - 4
Yahoo - 3
Bleacher Report - 10
CBS - 7
USA Today - 7
NFL - 4
ESPN - 2

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Aros":1hfu8yjb said:
Oh btw, we 12's represented VERY well! I can't believe how loud we were in the 4th quarter chanting SEA! HAWKS!

On the pre pre game (like 2 hours before kickoff), there was a group of 12s in the stands chanting it during their segment. Was making breakfast at the time and nearly spit out my coffee.

My oldest son turns to me and says, "Seahawks fans are the absolute best!" Couldn't have been prouder.

Well represented indeed.

Seymour

Reaction score
253hawk":g7tstegz said:
Reading the Jets forums, it sounds like a lot of them couldn't believe how many Seahawks fans there were.

Rankings:

Washington Post - 4
SB Nation - 4
Yahoo - 3
Bleacher Report - 10
CBS - 7
USA Today - 7
NFL - 4
ESPN - 2

Actually USA today has us at 6. Only Pete Pricko has the balls to put us at 7. To be expected from a known hater. Bleacher report I ignore personally, I will not play their slideshow games for more clicks to crap.

drdiags

Reaction score
Great to hear you had a good time. Proud to see my team all grown up. We now have fans doing to others what the more well represented fanbases have done to others.

"Go Pack, Go!"
"Yellow Towels flying"
"E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles!!"

On and on. I sports hate those folks in our house, but glad to know we are able to represent with the big boys. It's a great time to be a Seahawks fan. Enjoy it as long as you can, nothing is guaranteed but one can dream.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Amen Doc...It took decades but the Seahawks have finally achieved elite status in the league.

Any poll ranking with the Hawks 7 or lower is sour grapes from the author, period. Top 4 no doubt.

I am getting a really good feeling about this team this year.

Steelers / Seahawks Super Bowl.

#bookit

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There's magic in the air again. While waiting in line to go in, there were little kids of various young ages in Seahawks gear right behind us. One of them spotted my replica SB48 ring attached to my neck chain and you would have thought they were seeing Russell Wilson in person. I let them put the ring on and the look on their faces I will never forget. I did say it was a replica but I honestly don't think they cared.

Even Jets fans commented how they are wanting one of those in the modern era.

I do not want the recent years of success to dull my memory of just how difficult it really is to sustain true success in this league. I am enjoying the ride immensely.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Aros":2yrcef5i said:
There's magic in the air again. While waiting in line to go in, there were little kids of various young ages in Seahawks gear right behind us. One of them spotted my replica SB48 ring attached to my neck chain and you would have thought they were seeing Russell Wilson in person. I let them put the ring on and the look on their faces I will never forget. I did say it was a replica but I honestly don't think they cared.

I do not want the recent years of success to dull my memory of just how difficult it really is to sustain true success in this league. I am enjoying the ride immensely.
All I keep seeing is your Avatar pic....did you actually say anything???

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3gykvmeq said:
Aros":3gykvmeq said:

All I keep seeing is your Avatar pic....did you actually say anything???

That avatar never gets old!

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
New around here and just curious - does 'Aros' stand for a Greek God or something?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3e366pow said:
New around here and just curious - does 'Aros' stand for a Greek God or something?
Don't know...but Aros was the founder of Seahawks.net many, many years ago, ran it for many years, created an AWESOME fan community, sold it to the current owners, and remains around here as the 'Godfather' of .net.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
What was it?Last year somebody thought that was Aros ass ..It is but not really :lol:

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2gzpyhfi said:
LeftHandSmoke":2gzpyhfi said:
Don't know...but Aros was the founder of Seahawks.net many, many years ago, ran it for many years, created an AWESOME fan community, sold it to the current owners, and remains around here as the 'Godfather' of .net.
Thank you.

Being a Geek the first impression was like AR Operating Sytem (Atari maybe?) but knowing some .Net history is better Gold.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Why you no pics?

Anyways, glad you had a good time up there. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah AROS does not have a specific meaning...Just came to me one morning and I couldn't figure out why it was stuck in my head...Searched and never found anything, but the name stuck.

As for my avatar, glad to be of service. :p

Here's some pics...

Attachments

• jetsgame.jpg
    jetsgame.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 758
  • shan1.jpg
    shan1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 758
  • shan2.jpg
    shan2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 758