Continued Disrespect of our WR corps...

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
From ESPN's Rich Cimini "The pass defense: It would be unfair to single out Pryor because this was a total breakdown. The Jets allowed six completions of at least 20 yards, letting a hobbled Russell Wilson pick them apart. The Seahawks have a terrific tight end, Jimmy Graham, but their receiving corps is pedestrian. No matter. They amassed 309 yards because of coverage breakdowns by the Jets, who left receivers uncovered throughout the game. It happens week after week. Darrelle Revis was the lightning rod for the early season struggles of the secondary, but this goes beyond Revis. They've gone two straight games without an interception and -- get this -- they've had their hands on only two passes in the last two games. That's right, only two pass breakups. We call that poor coverage.

:sarcasm_on: I wonder when our WR will make plays instead of the defense just failing at their jobs... :sarcasm_off:

Hope Doug sees this article.

sutz

Reaction score
No sweat. Our "pedestrian" WR corps will walk into the the SB this year. ;)

GLio14

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":3vpd1mdb said:
From ESPN's Rich Cimini "The pass defense: It would be unfair to single out Pryor because this was a total breakdown. The Jets allowed six completions of at least 20 yards, letting a hobbled Russell Wilson pick them apart. The Seahawks have a terrific tight end, Jimmy Graham, but their receiving corps is pedestrian. No matter. They amassed 309 yards because of coverage breakdowns by the Jets, who left receivers uncovered throughout the game. It happens week after week. Darrelle Revis was the lightning rod for the early season struggles of the secondary, but this goes beyond Revis. They've gone two straight games without an interception and -- get this -- they've had their hands on only two passes in the last two games. That's right, only two pass breakups. We call that poor coverage.

:sarcasm_on: I wonder when our WR will make plays instead of the defense just failing at their jobs... :sarcasm_off:

Hope Doug sees this article.

I'm actually laughing hysterically. Didn't we move past this "pedestrian" label years ago? This WR core has continued to shut the doubters up. Oh well, last time we had people unnecessarily belittle us, we won a Super Bowl. Fine by me.

Writers will never learn.

Seymour

Reaction score
...and I have even bigger news. The entire team is pedestrian the moment they stepped off the bus.

reflective-pedestrian-crossing-signs-slow-watch-for-pedestrians-l7541-lg.jpg

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I love critical articles with disclaimers.

"Well the Seahawks OTHER than Jimmy Graham............."

"Well if you take away Wilson's running ability THEN................"

Sorry idiot writers, you can't remove one or more of the parts to prove your opinion of the whole. That's critical writing 101.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Seymour":33yfgd2z said:
...and I have even bigger news. The entire team is pedestrian the moment they stepped off the bus.

reflective-pedestrian-crossing-signs-slow-watch-for-pedestrians-l7541-lg.jpg
Seattle should stick that sign on the team bus. And on the entrance to the locker room at home.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
These writers are so unprofessional. It's like someone just hands out jobs to writers and don't require them to do any actual research. If any of these guys that rank on the Seahawks receivers watched the games like all of us do, they couldn't possibly write this crap. It's bs, and they need to be called out on their lazy, sloppy, ignorant writing. They have no idea what they're talking about, and I'm pretty sure that they are just haters that let that hate interfere with what should be unbiased reporting. It makes them look like complete morons when they just ignore the stats, and the stuff that's not reflected in the stats. The Seahawks have a competent aerial attack. Period. And it starts with Russell frickin' Wilson. Look him up, idiots.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I'm just so surprised as to how these false narratives keep lingering in the media and non-Hawk fans for years, i.e. "Wilson's not a pocket passer," "Poor receiving corp," "Wilson has won only because of the Hawks' defense," "Their stadium is loud because they artificially pump noise in" and the one that's completely nonsensical and befuddling "Pete the Cheat."

And the media will just keep on.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":q8j0ff0m said:
I'm just so surprised as to how these false narratives keep lingering in the media and non-Hawk fans for years, i.e. "Wilson's not a pocket passer," "Poor receiving corp," "Wilson has won only because of the Hawks' defense," "Their stadium is loud because they artificially pump noise in" and the one that's completely nonsensical and befuddling "Pete the Cheat."

And the media will just keep on.

That "artificial noise" one really bugs me. Completely cleared by the NFL, but yet, that BS never dies. If it's bad press about the Seahawks to our haters, it doesn't matter... it's true. They pump it in man. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with Paul Allen PURPOSLY DESIGNING THE STADIUM THAT WAY, HUH??? The Vikings took that and ran with it with their new stadium. To the point to where they could maybe beat that stupid sound record that the Chiefs cheated on with their stupid "Ok, get LOUD!!!!" measurement, which we didn't do. We took our readings off of recording of actual gameplay. I'll have no problem with the Vike's fans breaking the record if they ever do it. Their management actually grew a brain and took the blueprint of CenturyLink and used it to their teams advantage. Good on them. Don't like it, but kudos to them for figuring it out! So stupid nowadays to NOT design a stadium that doesn't reflect sound on the field. It's PROVEN to give a marked advantage to the home team. Yeah, I wish they hadn't figured that out, but you still need the FANS to participate... Which seems to be the Achilles heel of other teams fans.... Getting them to coordinate. How did we achieve that? Being the kids of Kingdome or Husky Stadium parents? WTF?

King Dog

Reaction score
How funny, and here I was thinking I can't remember a time when our wr corps was this deep across the board. I mean Richardson is our #4 and there's no telling how good he can be.

HawkerD

Reaction score
If you don't have divas like Dez and OBJ then they are called "pedestrian". That's media speak for dudes that come to work everyday, bust their butt mastering their craft and execute on game day. I'll take pedestrian every time.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
This feels like a pundit wanting to get more clicks by pissing off the 12s.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Bowles‘ post-game narrative was "they didnt beat us, we beat ouselves." So, this is no surprise. Keep the disrespect coming.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The article isn't wrong, exactly.

That might have been the worst performance by a DB group I've seen since our own group featured Brian Russell and Kelly Jennings. It was comically awful. Did no Jets coach glance at the tape and tell their backs that Wilson and his receivers practice their redline throws like a singer practices his voice? It's like 70% of their game. But these backs were't playing the ball, weren't trying to get outside leverage, bit as a group on presnap motions, had evidently never heard of the flat, and on more than one occasion got caught staring into the backfield like rookies. I really was reminded of Jennings.

Luke Willson and Tanner McEvoy ARE pedestrian. So is a hobbled Tyler Lockett. Jermaine Kearse and Paul Richardson are overachievers - they play a role, they've played long enough to get very experienced thanks to Wilson, and they have a clutch gene, but they aren't close to being world-beaters in their own right. Christine Michael is still new, so the writer can get away with ignoring him. Where he did screw up, of course, was Doug, whom everyone else can see has become the most dangerous slot receiver in the league.

Besides...undisguised bias is a holy tradition in the New England media, like throwing fish at Pike Place. Their readers expect it, and they write in and gripe when they don't get it. We don't play those teams often enough to get used to it, but it's definitely a thing.

NINEster

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":fisxvsih said:

That might have been the worst performance by a DB group I've seen since our own group featured Brian Russell and Kelly Jennings. It was comically awful. Did no Jets coach glance at the tape and tell their backs that Wilson and his receivers practice their redline throws like a singer practices his voice? It's like 70% of their game. But these backs were't playing the ball, weren't trying to get outside leverage, bit as a group on presnap motions, had evidently never heard of the flat, and on more than one occasion got caught staring into the backfield like rookies. I really was reminded of Jennings.

Luke Willson and Tanner McEvoy ARE pedestrian. So is a hobbled Tyler Lockett. Jermaine Kearse and Paul Richardson are overachievers - they play a role, they've played long enough to get very experienced thanks to Wilson, and they have a clutch gene, but they aren't close to being world-beaters in their own right. Christine Michael is still new, so the writer can get away with ignoring him. Where he did screw up, of course, was Doug, whom everyone else can see has become the most dangerous slot receiver in the league.

Besides...undisguised bias is a holy tradition in the New England media, like throwing fish at Pike Place. Their readers expect it, and they write in and gripe when they don't get it. We don't play those teams often enough to get used to it, but it's definitely a thing.

New England is not New York metro area.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I do believe you'd get your ass beat in New York for saying it is part of New England.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
bmorepunk":kdk4xpbs said:
I do believe you'd get your ass beat in New York for saying it is part of New England.

Their media is still just as bad.

LOL, work on a post for ten minutes and this is what people notice. Ah well.

rigelian

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":21u8dx8s said:

Now you've gotten my wife pissed off and she's from Boston. I would advise that you take that back before you get a butt kicking from people from New York and Boston.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3af2v5ob said:

Great post, enjoyed it :)