Jon Ryan is ST player of the week

byau

Reaction score
Thanks for posting! I was watching a replay of the game and on one of his punts (I think his first) it listed his average as 35 yards per punt, my first thought was "What's the stat of the opponents average starting point from his punts I wonder?" and as the game went on I was thinking that each of his punts were getting to the 10.

Was thinking of going back to watch the game and track it for fun, glad you posted the link :) (not that I can't find another excuse to re-watch the game!)

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Largent80":1ix01u0z said:
He is one of our best weapons and a serious threat at QB too.
Way to kick this out of the park! Loved that play.

kidhawk

Reaction score
byau":23djtepv said:
Thanks for posting! I was watching a replay of the game and on one of his punts (I think his first) it listed his average as 35 yards per punt, my first thought was "What's the stat of the opponents average starting point from his punts I wonder?" and as the game went on I was thinking that each of his punts were getting to the 10.

Was thinking of going back to watch the game and track it for fun, glad you posted the link :) (not that I can't find another excuse to re-watch the game!)

I've always thought that the average distance for punts was a relatively meaningless stat. As you pointed out, the real statistic is where the opposing team starts from after the punts. I wish they'd put up the stat like this AVG PUNT 41.2 yards | AVG OPP START 18 YD Line or something like that.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Largent80":2mo8oust said:

He's far and away the best Twitter poster on the team to boot. Maybe league wide.

kidhawk

Reaction score
rjdriver":jib5thlx said:
Largent80":jib5thlx said:

He's far and away the best Twitter poster on the team to boot. Maybe league wide.

Last I heard, Ryan left twitter and it's a shame too

[urltargetblank]http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/football/article/Seahawks-punter-Jon-Ryan-social-media-8102915.php[/urltargetblank]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":3ax6h2aj said:
byau":3ax6h2aj said:

I've always thought that the average distance for punts was a relatively meaningless stat. As you pointed out, the real statistic is where the opposing team starts from after the punts. I wish they'd put up the stat like this AVG PUNT 41.2 yards | AVG OPP START 18 YD Line or something like that.
The Ginger Ninja strikes again. :D

Yep, where you pin your opponent is what matters not yards per kick.